Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The "patina" on this coin is STUNNING!!!!

PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭

Comments

  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Like a stun gun!

    -David
  • Options
    I think that the seller is confusing "beautiful patina" with "ugly corrosion." I know it's an easy thing to do. I know that I've done it before accidentally.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patina ?

    That's vegetation image
    image

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options


    << <i>That's vegetation >>



    I don't know if you want to handle it. It could cause nail fungus.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>That's vegetation >>



    I don't know if you want to handle it. It could cause nail fungus. >>


    image

    Thanks for the good laugh. I feel sorry for the guy , actually. It is a novice mistake. We all make them.


    Joe

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    Looks like PVC Slime image
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777 ✭
    Fungus among us.... image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 24,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that he was paying more attention to Liz than the coin, when he wrote that description.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085 ✭
    Patina= Pitiful Attempt To Identify Natural Antiquity image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like corrosion to me. Metal detector find? Don't forget that nickel US coins are 75% copper.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC = Pure Crud.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    As a vegetarian type coin,

    It should be stored in the

    root cellar with the turnips.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Looks like PVC Slime image >>

    image


    Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    I'm not too stunned by it
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>As a vegetarian type coin,

    It should be stored in the

    root cellar with the turnips. >>


    image Thanks bear... someone has to take up the rear !

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Fungus among us.... image >>



    Cue Don in 3... 2... 1...




    image
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭
    It does look like PVC damage. Whatever, it's bad.

    -------------

    etexmike
  • Options
    PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭
    It's up to almost $20 including shipping and there's 3 days left to bid. Better hurry up before this beauty is gone!
  • Options
    PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm....it's up to $23.45....yummy.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we get off topic and talk about gardening, the snipe price goes down image

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Fungus among us.... image >>




    image
    image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file