Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

SWAP THREAD*******BUY/SELL/TRADE/*****1/26-2/1*****

It's that time of the week again, post them! image

1900-SP Russia 1/4 kopeck ICG MS66RB, superb $50 ***SOLD***

imageimage

1940-B Switzerland specimen 2 francs PCGS SP66 OGH,very nice cameo and clean fields,lightly toned,Krause $180 , $135 ***SOLD***

imageimage

1928-B Switzerland one rappen ,nice little full red gem,awful scan, NGC MS66RD $65

imageimage

1959 Portugal 10 centavos ICG MS65RB, 90% red, $17

imageimage

1816-A Austria 1/2 kreuzer, BU, with india ink inscription on the reverse, $35 ***SOLD***

1920 USA Pilgrim half dollar, choice BU, $85***SOLD***

imageimage

1938 French Indochina one cent, KM 12.1 ,BU , $25***SOLD***

1911 (AH1330) Iran 2000 dinars, (2 kran) KM #1041 , choice AU, exquisite reverse toning ,(Krause $30 in XF, $60 in unc), $39 ***SOLD***

1819 AH1223 yr 12, Turkey,2 Rumi Altin gold AU, Krause lists this only upto XF condition at $175,KM 614 , 4.9 gr, 28mm,quite rare , $175***SOLD***

imageimage

Some more raw coins

Finland 1924 penni full red gem BU $8
Ceylon 1926 one cent, superb unc,wonderful glossy burgundy colour with blue highlights $10***ON HOLD***
Japan 1938 (Showa 13) 1 sen virtually full red BU,$5***SOLD***
Muttawakilite AH1381 ,1/80 riyal,full red BU, 7 star variety, $6 (looks like a soft strike but I've never had one before to compare)
Greece 1970 50 lepta, (cu ni) better date, gem BU, MS65 $20
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lot of 10 1955 red BU British farthings $6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lot of 4 raw full red gem BU coins (all 4) $4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's something for special audiences. The only gold sample slab in existence ,only a few were given out, and it's Darkside gold!****SOLD****

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shipping $2, paypal ok.
Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3

Comments

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

1831 George 4th Coronation Silver 35mm Very Rare 800 mintage $250
    picture

1905 Leopold II 75th Anniversary Belgian Independence by G. Devreese $59
    Bronze 70mm 129grms picture

1908 Quebec Canada 300th Anniversary $350
    picture

1924 Amsterdam 100th anniversary Bronze 73mm 131 grms $180
    picture

1955 South Africa 5 Shilling NGC PF 66 mintage 2650 $75

1967 Canada $20 Gold. PL-65 or better IMHO, Beautiful Spot+ 10% or I have the entire specimen set In original box except for the Dollar which was unfairly graded NGC PL-65 and is in the plastic $400 samplepic

1969 Albania Proof set PSA4, 3 piece With original case(Seam separated, no cert.) blue and rainbow tones $200 picture1 picture2 picture3

1970 Equatorial Guinea Maja GOYA "FULL- HAIR" Mintage 162 ... NGC PF-68 ULTRA CAMEO,,,$285 picture

1970 Equatorial Guinea Maja GOYA "FULL- HAIR" PF-62 IMHO $135

1970 Equatorial Guinea no hair Silver Proof $33. obv picture obv Picture rev

1974 Belize Specimen set 8 pieces in original folder, Absolutely Flawless set of birds of the area. $55 picture

1975 Barbados Proof set 8 piece set KM# PS3 Neptune and Sea creatures. Perfect no hairline set I'd give every coin a PF70 $45 picture

1984 Saint Helen Ascension Island Royal Visit Crowns, Still attached and in the original cardboard .$17.50 picture1 picture2

1986 Antigua Barbuda Gold and Silver $100 Banknotes Treasure Ships and Pirates, all 30 in album, very rare as a set, Mintage of 20,000 on each note COA incl. Each note is 1/10 oz of 23K Gold making this almost 3 oz of pure Gold. Legal Tender at exchange of $.50/$1.00. Beautiful and still cheap at $2100.00 picture

1987 First Edition Mickeys Magic GOOD LUCK, 1/4 oz gold in it's original box /COA, Mintage 2500 and really hard to find, This one is #911 There are a lot of Serious Mickey Mouse collectors.. $400 picture

1990 Penny Black Gold Silver and Platinum Crowns All the paperwork and in the box with original receipt for $1250. Selling on TV for $2500. Sell for $1450
    picture

1991 Mexico 1 Onza Proof Mule (obverse of 90, reverse of 92) the way it left the mint with it's COA and Wrapped box $45 picture

1992 Mexico 5 Piece Proof set in it's original packaging. $75

1997 Japan 10K Yen Y 116 Gold Ski jumper Nagano Winter Olympics $500

1999 Japan 10K Yen Y 124 Gold 150 Anniversary of Enthronement in it's original plastic, (look just as nice as my PF69DCAM PCGS) $850 obv picture rev picture

2000 Canada Unc Set Special Edition in original envelope $12 , 5 for $10 each.

Additional Pictures available, just PM me. Free S/H/I. Paypal on items under $400. Check or Money Order on the remainder.
  • Options
    73 items in my ebay store.

edited to add: Just put a bunch of SA copper proofs in my store.

Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Just one item - Closing Sunday evening image - Preussen
    Link
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    Gold Sovs + Gold other!!! (shipped/insured)

1871 young vic + shield reverse (die 47) - 210
    1867 young vic (rim ding) -175
    1900 old vic - 165
    1906 george v - 165
    1925 edward vii - 190 (my nicest unc sov)

1992 Mexico Jaguar gold proof (1/4 oz gold) (w/ capsule) - $250, low mintage (5k)
    2006 1/10th oz austrailian gold nugget (kangaroo - capsule) - 75

1863 20 Lire gold -140
    1898 20 Franc Angel - 140
    1812 20 Franc Napoleon - 200

oops, howd that get in there.
    also:
    2004 1/20th platinum chinese panda, orig capsule $75

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small Euro lot. €9.70 face value. Average circ. but most should be AU-UNC.

(11) 20-eurocent pieces: 2002 Austria, 2000 France, 2001 France, 2002 Italy (x7), 1999 Spain.
    (5) 50-eurocent pieces: 2001 France, 2002 Greece, 2002 Italy (x2), 2001 Spain.
    (5) 1-euro pieces: 2002 Austria, 2002 Italy (x3), 2001 Netherlands.

$12.50. A tiny bit below the current exchange rate of $12.5906 USD, but I'll pay shipping if you're in the USA. If you're outside the USA and you want these (maybe even to spend, if you're in Europe), then what do you have to swap?

France: brass jeton of Louis XIV, undated (circa 1685-1700), Fine+ (F15, light hairlines).

Feuardent #7385, Brass, 25 mm. "VICTORIS CLEMENTIA”. $16.00.

(Low-res scan from cheapo scanner makes the picture rather grainy.)

Italian States (Naples & Sicily) 8 tornesi, 1797 P-RC, Very Good (VG8, old cleaning). KM #(C)49, Copper. $6.00.

Italian States (Papal States): 1 lira, 1866-R, year XXI, Very Fine (VF20). KM #1378, .835 Silver/.1342 oz. Reverse die clash. $9.00. *ON HOLD*

Mexico (Spanish Colonial): 8 reales, 1783-Mo, FF, ANACS "VF20" (AU-UNC details, sea salvage), pedigreed to the "El Cazador" shipwreck of 1784.

I have read that El Cazador ("The Hunter") was a Spanish warship carrying a shipment of bullion from Veracruz, Mexico, to New Orleans. I think Spain still held Louisiana at the time, and the loss of the ship's fortune was one of the factors that loosened their grip on the territory, which later went to the French and of course the United States.

El Cazador vanished without a trace in the Gulf of Mexico and nobody knew what had happened to it until 1993, when a fishing net brought up some clumps of coins and the wreck was accidentally discovered off Louisiana. It is unknown whether the ship was sunk by a storm or by attack, as there were likely no survivors.

The coin is in an ANACS "VF20" slab though that is obviously a net grade (they apparently didn't have room on the label to note that the grade was netted for seawater corrosion.) Obviously, as one would expect from a coin that was probably less than a year old when the ship sank, this piece had AU+ to UNC details before immersion. The salt water damage makes the part of the date a little bit indistinct and is particularly noticeable on the reverse, but it does add some character that marks this coin as a true shipwreck treasure of the Spanish Main.

My asking price is probably ridiculously high but I just willingly paid $150 plus shipping for the coin because I found the shipwreck pedigree and the story of the wreck fascinating. Actually, I found some of these on websites for as high as $350, which is probably absurd. $175 delivered. *ON HOLD*

Now some classic Liteside commems, if y'all don't mind my reposting them here. For sale AS A SET only right now, but maybe individually later.

They're topical here because I might swap the set for slabbed gold, be it Lightside or Darkside or a combination thereof. Anyway, Dimitri opened the floodgates with his Pilgrim half. And I bought that, 'cause his price was good.

(copied and pasted from my BST thread):

I have decided to sell off the Dansco collection of classic commemoratives I began last Thanksgiving, which was my 30th anniversary in numismatics. I wanted to learn a little more about them, and I think I did.

This is not a distress sale- I don't have to sell them and it's not that I decided I disliked them, but I have pretty much accomplished my goal of learning a little bit more about commems, and I had fun in the process. Mission accomplished. I wasn't 100% sure I would ever complete the set anyway, on my budget, mostly because my limited funds and myriad interests pull me in different directions. I doubt I lack the mental or financial stamina to complete the collection. However, a raw AU set might be a respectable goal for somebody who's up to the challenge.

I was going for an AU set, so pretty much all of these are AU pieces, though the Pilgrim is actually a true UNC and the BTW and Washington-Carver are nice slider AU to UNC borderline pieces that look BU (despite my horrid, awful, ghastly photography).

The pictures do not show much of the mint luster that is present on a few of the pieces, the last two in particular. A little of the luster on the Pilgrim shows, but I assure you that my pictures do not do justice to most of these coins.

I have the original slab label inserts in an envelope... somewhere. I just can't find them in the clutter at the moment, but I will look for them and send them along if you want them.

I wish to offer this here initially as a set rather than individually. Now accepting offers via PM.

Again, I am not looking to dump these on the cheap, so serious offers only, please. I might consider trade offers of slabbed gold.

If I do not get any attractive offers, I might go to eBay with the set. If I decide instead to break up the set and sell the coins individually, I might put the better pieces (and the then-empty album) up for sale here later and keep the less-valuable coins to sell in my antique mall booth.

Dansco #7094 album. Now lightly used, but purchased fairly recently.

1893 Columbian Exposition, AU55 to AU58.

Much whiter and more lustrous than this picture indicates. Possibly dipped, but handsome, and not scrubbed. Ex-Wally Burt ("Kennewickman").

1915-S Panama-Pacific, formerly ANACS AU58 details (cleaned).

A pretty, off-white coin that might've been wiped with a jeweler's cloth in the past. Small dig between the sun's rays, in the obverse field. Nice overall eye appeal and plenty of bang for the buck, in my opinion. Ex-eBay seller "charliepoo". I paid $350 for it in early December. It was discussed in a US Coin Forum thread here. Looks slightly better in hand than it does in either the previous seller's pictures or my own.

Here are the original seller's images of the coin when it was slabbed.

1918 Illinois Centennial (Lincoln-Illinois). Formerly PCGS AU50.

A really handsome, original-grey piece with "the right look". Ex-Don Soles ("InYHWHWeTrust"). Don was one of the folks who gave me sound and useful advice during my initial foray into classic commems.

Here are Don's pictures of the coin in the slab, which are probably superior to my own post-crackout pics.

1920 Pilgrim, BU.

I was seeking AU coins but ended up getting this nice UNC piece for a song from Wally Burt ("Kennewickman"), along with the Columbian, the BTW, and the Washington-Carver. For the total price I paid him, I essentially ended up paying a fair price on this coin and got the other three free. Wally said he figured this was an UNC, and original, and I agree with his assessment. Maybe it is a slider AU58 piece but I am much more of the opinion that it is at least MS63. Of course, you probably can't tell much from my terrible picture, but at least a little luster shows in this pic, unlike most of the others.

1921 Albabama, formerly PCGS AU50.

Another nice originally-toned piece from Don Soles ("InYHWHWeTrust"), whose taste I admire. Cracked from an old "rattler" slab.

Here are Don's original pictures of the coin when it was slabbed.

1925 Stone Mountain, AU53.

Purchased on the cheap from Michael Swoveland ("Aethelred"), in June of 2004, before I ever planned a commemorative collection.

1926 Sesquicentennial, formerly PCGS AU50.

Ex-Don Soles ("InYHWHWeTrust"). Another originally-toned piece from what must've been a well-matched collection on his part. The combination of the toning and the typical low relief on this piece put it outside of what I would normally find eye-appealing, but for those who value untampered-with pieces above all, you probably can't argue with the originality of this coin.

Again, here are Don's pictures, prior to my crackout job.

1936 Albany, AU53 to AU55.

This is actually a fairly new arrival, which came only this week, from Matt Dickson ("mirabela"). If what Matt told me about his shipping date was true, it arrived in one day, from Vermont to Georgia! Kudos to the USPS, for once! I can't tell if this was cleaned or not, but it's a handsome enough coin, and a good fit in a raw AU Dansco set.

1946-S Booker T. Washington, AU58.

Holy cow, did I ever fail miserably in photographing this thing! It is a bright white coin with ample luster, that looks BU until you take a loupe to it. Apparently my lighting brought out some kind of haze that is NOT apparent to the eye when the coin is examined in hand. There is a toning spot on the reverse, around the T in the word "TO".

1952 Washington-Carver, AU58.

A nice blast-white coin that looks BU, believe it or not, despite my wretched, awful, horrible picture below. I don't know how I failed so badly on these last two pictures.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    CoinPictures,

I'm interested in this coin from your Ebay store:

Vatican City 20 Centesimi 1934 BU s146

How much would the total including s/h be for this coin?

Big Dave
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Krause 35.00 sell 25.00
    2. Krause 35.00 sell 20.00
    3. Krause 47.50 sell 30.00
    4. Krause 45.00 sell 25.00
    All four 90.00 delivered
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to buy: Book - "Resplandores" Cap & Ray 8 Reales Of Mexico (Mike Dunigan and J.B. Parker)
  • Options
    OK, I'll jump in!

1 1814-R France-Antwerp 10 Centimes (Siège d'Anvers, Napoléon)[KM-5.3] – PCGS VF35- $125

2. 1796 2 Scudi- Malta, Emmanuel de Rohan, 1775-1797- PCGS VF30- SOLD

BOOKS:

- The Roman Imperial Coinage, Volume 1: Augustus to Vitellius (Sutherland), Hardbound; reprint of 1984 revised edition- Slightly used but otherwise as new- $60

- The Roman Imperial Coinage, Volume 2: Vespasian to Hadrian (Mattingly & Sydenham), Hardbound; 2001 reprint- Very slightly used but otherwise as new- $50

- Coins of the Roman Empire in the British Museum (Mattingly, Vol. III, Spink 2005) Slightly used but otherwise as new- $50

- Coinage & History of the Roman Empire- Volume I: History; Coinage & History of the Roman Empire- Volume II: Coinage (David L. Vagi, 1999)- Slightly used- $60 (2 books)

- Ancient Coin Collecting- Roman Provincial Coins (Wayne Sayles, 1998)- Unused- $16

PM if interested! Books go by media mail. All prices include shipping unless (with coins only) you want insurance. Payments by certified check, personal check, money order or Paypal.

Thx.
    Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?

• Options
    There are some fantastic coins (and medals - love that 1831, George IV image ) in this thread image
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Want to buy: Book - "Resplandores" Cap & Ray 8 Reales Of Mexico (Mike Dunigan and J.B. Parker) >>

Ditto. image
  • Options
    OK - I will sell my Resplandores.

Please PM me your offers ( I tried to PM but it's not working at the moment ).

Remember that I am in Ireland so shipping will be more then inter-country shipping.

Pretty busy but I'll try to check back before Sunday.

I will have to look up how much I paid for the book myself actually - I bought it brand new and have hardly had a chance to look in it. image
    The meaning of life ? I don't know but I am sure that coins have something to do with it.

Zar's Ebay
  • Options
    While we're peddling books, does anybody need a 3rd Edition Davenport Large Size Silver Coins of the World, 16th-19th Centuries?

It is in excellent condition. I got it from the 'Shroom a while back and don't really need it. I forget what I paid for it so I have no idea what it is worth and I would swap it for a coin...?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    1895 British Honduras 25c, mintage 47,000; nice EF: $150

1907 British Honduras 25c, mintage 30,000; EF: $150

Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>OK - I will sell my Resplandores.

Please PM me your offers ( I tried to PM but it's not working at the moment ).

Remember that I am in Ireland so shipping will be more then inter-country shipping.

Pretty busy but I'll try to check back before Sunday.

I will have to look up how much I paid for the book myself actually - I bought it brand new and have hardly had a chance to look in it. image >>

TwoKopeiki had first dibs, and I refuse to get into a bidding war with other board members. If a second copy is available, I'm interested.

It's just a pet peeve of mine, and by no means an indictment of anyone, but I just can't stand "best offer" sales. I refuse to participate. I believe in posting an asking price, and the first person who commits gets the item. Too much potential for behind-the-scenes shenanigans otherwise... if a seller wants people competing with one another, I think a seller should put the item on Ebay.

(again, it's just a personal decision on my part, not meant as a criticism image )
  • Options

<< <i>It's just a pet peeve of mine, and by no means an indictment of anyone, but I can't stand "best offer" sales. I refuse to participate. I believe in posting an asking price, and the first person who commits gets the item. Too much potential for behind-the-scenes shenanigans otherwise... if you want people competing with one another, put it on Ebay. >>

Yes, I agree with that. And I particularly have disliked it when people run an in forum auction. If you're going to auction something off--pay the fees, put it on eBay and let the free market reign. Link it here in the swap/sell thread. People will see it.
  • Options
    Marcel, PM me your asking price and PayPal address. If you want to EBay it, you could do it as well - just PM me the link once the auction is up.
  • Options
    English Milled & Hammered and World coins for sale. You can either browse all items by category or do an advanced search to find specific items.

Hope you find something of interest and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Click here for items currently on eBay

Thanks

Andy
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    Swiss beauty: NGC MS67 (old "no-line fatty" slab), $50 shipped CONUS. payment preferred by Paypal

• Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>Swiss beauty: NGC MS67 (old "no-line fatty" slab), $50 shipped CONUS. payment preferred by Paypal

image >>

Sold! thanks Don

Doug
  • Options
    Well, sorry if I annoyed anyone with my "best offer" vagueness on the Liteside commems. I just haven't come up with a number yet 'cause I need to find my records of the purchases. I found the slab inserts today.

I might have a buyer, anyway.

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    Canada

1912 1c PCGS MS65RB (40-50% red) $350

1907 5c ANACS old small holder MS63 $150
    1911 5c PCGS AU58 $45

1916 50c PCGS AU50 $375
    1998 50c PCGS PR69DCAM Gilles Villeneuve F1 Auto Racing Commem $50
    1998 50c PCGS PR69DCAM Skiing Commem $50
    2003 50c PCGS PR69DCAM Golden Daffodil $70

1914C Sov NGC MS62 $975

Prices are delivered in USA and Canada
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    LordM--your post and offer of the commems did not annoy me in the least. I have been more bothered by a couple times when people have actually run an ongoing auction on the forum for a single coin. I have no problem with you offering the commems. And, at least you are using the designated buy/sell/trade thread. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

Clankeye
  • Options

<< <i>Well, sorry if I annoyed anyone >>

At least you weren't snoring!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    Will be going up on ebay today (MS64)
    (MS64)
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Guatemala coins. Link your eBay auctions?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Covers, these are really beautiful, please post your ebay link.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I just put up a group of coins on ebay here.

Included is a Mexico 1799 4 Reales from last Richard Long auction and some other nice things. Decided to concentrate only on high quality world crowns from 1840 to 1859 and would welcome offers.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    I agree, beautiful Guatemalans, Covers. image
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    Certified world coins for auction on eBay at $9.95 with No Reserve:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcivitasgalleriesQQhtZ-1
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    1953 Proof Farthing, Obverse 2 + Reverse A, very scarce. $100 delivered (catalogues at $120-$160).

Obverse
    Reverse
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.