Lets place all the info and comments refering to

these dollars on this thread please.image
There once was a place called
Camelotimage

Comments

• Options
    Mine have not come yet. Boo hoo! image

Jonathan
    I have been a collector for over mumbly-five years. I learn something new every day.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Not only am I still awating 5 sets, the first five

sets sent to PCGS have been there over 2 weeks

and I am trying to straighten out some mislabeling

on 4 MS-69 eagles returned with only regular labels.

If it wasnt for the two sets of 69/69/69 I bought on E-Bay,

I would't have nuttin yet.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine shipped 10/27 and I still haven't received them.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine are lost with that German shipping company. They claim they never got them, the mint claims they did. Looks like I have to wait two more weeks to file a claim.

Edited to add: They were shipped DHL and then given to the post office. The coins finally arrived 11/25.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    still awaiting mine. no problem. maybe the hustle and bustle will iron out and things
    will stabilize by 12/8

and i wonder. when was the real anniversary 2005 or 2006 image
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    Early on Aug. 30th I ordered 2 of the silver anniver. sets. I ordered them within one hour of them going on sale. I received them about mid October. They immediately went to PCGS (unopened and fingers crossed).
    My grades were:
    PR69/PR68: Rev. Proof
    PR70DCAM/PR69DCAM: Proof
    MS69/MS69: Uncirculated

I was pretty happy about them.

I contemplated ordering more later in October but opted not to do so. I'll bet we all will look back on this set and be absolutely shocked that this set sold for $100 at issue.
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought and received five sets, sold them unopened, and ordered five more.

I must say that even more than for the AGE sets, the hype and expectations for these is beyond reason. With 250,000 sets out there, every single collector who could possibly want a set should be able to own one at a reasonable price, absent hoarding and price manipulation.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order 20 sets, Rec 10 sent in five to P.C.G.S and Rec back all 69 and 1 RP-70. Five sets on office desk and ten going to be ship soon.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought and received five sets, sold them unopened, and ordered five more.

I must say that even more than for the AGE sets, the hype and expectations for these is beyond reason. With 250,000 sets out there, every single collector who could possibly want a set should be able to own one at a reasonable price, absent hoarding and price manipulation. >>

RYK, on the surface, you are right, however, there were more '93, '94, '95 proof SAEs minted than the 250k reverse proofs, but those still command upwards of $200 each. So, for $100 for the set, this is a good deal (now, not sure where the limit is...maybe $300 raw?).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Yes there were 250K of them minted but they contain keys to the sets...and that is what makes it rare...anyone wanting a full set will have to have these coins...and there is no where to get the RVProof without getting it from a set or one graded or sold singally.
  • Options
    Yes, And let's see if you can get a KEY for 100.00, Hoard them key's image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Got mine and holden tight...right now I have 12 and working on more.
  • Options
    A fool and his reverse proof are soon parted....The sets are bringing big $$$$
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    Not big enough $$$$$! YET!
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine are lost with that German shipping company. They claim they never got them, the mint claims they did. Looks like I have to wait two more weeks to file a claim.

image >>

Interesting letter in a last CW issue.The letter was from a US Post worker who ordered a Platinum set from the Mint . The Mint sent the set by DHL..DHL delivered set to his city..The set was then mailed preset -standard which the postal worker went to explain , that this class... presort -standard is the type mail which if Undeliverable is then , treated as WASTE and discarded into the garbage..
    Good luck..
  • Options
    I ordered two sets AUG. 31,06. Informed they would be shipped 12-08-06. Bought Proof 69 set thru dealer.
    Excellent price, member of this Forum. I thought for sure that I would not get any period. Quit checking
    Mint site. Two sets were delivered yesterday, ship on box is 106317. Could somebody please interpet this
    date for me. I need to know is this before or after 1st Srike submission????? Bill Evans Thanks Bear.
    Bill Evans
  • Options
    On the top right side of lable that is your date if 11/11/06 or sooner you are good to go.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    Odered 5, recieved 5 and 3 are out for grading. I am wondering how all those who cancelled their orders a few months ago feel now.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    20 sets received. 16 sets out for grading at PCGS. 10 more to come, 5 of which will go to NGC to try to get a 70 set. I would have bought more but ran out of relatives I could impose on.
  • Options
    is my 2005 20th Anniversary First Strike Silver Eagle null and void now that there are 2006 20th Anniversary First Strike Silver Eagles? image
  • Options
    How is this for a thought. The MS coin that PCGS will not grade above 69

could be regraded in three years. This period will allow any spots to form

that are going to form. It will be good for us, good for PCGS and gives a real chance

for folks to assemble 70/70/70 sets. With current NGC MS-70 coins bringing 300+, the

PCGS MS-70 could bring as much as 1000 dollars.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    It is what it is but ain't a 20th anniversary, just like the tenth anniversary set by the mint wasn't truly a tenth anniversary...it was a ninth anniversary.

"referring to 2005 20th anniversary coin"
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    The Mint works in mysterious ways.image
    Camelotimage
  • Options
  • Options
    I ordered 1 set on 9/01/06 and 2 sets on 9/2/06. Have gotten the 2 set box, but not the single set box yet. My label also has a "ship date" of 106318. I read the above post about the ship date being in the upper right, but this is DHL, and the only thing in the upper right corner is DHL's postage paid square and my zip code. So I need to ask again...can anyone decifer this cryptic ship date?? Thanks.

A
    "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore"

My Registry Sets
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    My opinion is they are a very nice set of coins in attractive packaging, but that anyone who pays $5000.00 or some other insane amount for a set of coins that was just purchased from the mint a few weeks ago for $100.00 needs to seriously have his head examined.
  • Options

<< <i>My opinion is they are a very nice set of coins in attractive packaging, but that anyone who pays $5000.00 or some other insane amount for a set of coins that was just purchased from the mint a few weeks ago for $100.00 needs to seriously have his head examined. >>

Well said. I am offering Brain MRIs for anyone who feels the need for a more thorough exam.

Yes there were 250K of them minted but they contain keys to the sets...and that is what makes it rare...anyone wanting a full set will have to have these coins...and there is no where to get the RVProof without getting it from a set or one graded or sold singally.

Sorry, but I do not buy this "key date" crap, either. The "key date" comes with the set. The only way for the set not to have the "key date" is if someone has broken it up.
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    I received my two sets on Oct 26. I opened them upon receipt and the coins are spot free and superb. I have a complete set of PCGS Proof Silver Eagles so I guess I'll have to send one of the reverse proofs to be holdered one of these days. I would prefer to keep both sets intact, but the power of the plastic will screw up one of the sets.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I received my two sets on Oct 26. I opened them upon receipt and the coins are spot free and superb. I have a complete set of PCGS Proof Silver Eagles so I guess I'll have to send one of the reverse proofs to be holdered one of these days. I would prefer to keep both sets intact, but the power of the plastic will screw up one of the sets. >>

You could always keep the 2 sets intact and just go buy a PR70 reverse proof image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>It is what it is but ain't a 20th anniversary, just like the tenth anniversary set by the mint wasn't truly a tenth anniversary...it was a ninth anniversary.

"referring to 2005 20th anniversary coin" >>

the 1995 Silver Eagle was the 10th anniversary. It was the 10th year the coin was issued ...the 2006 Silver Eagle is actually the 21st coin of the series. Confusing? Sure is
  • Options
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    married 1-1-86
    1st anniversary 1-1-87
    2nd anniversary1-1-88
    3rd anniversary 1-1-89
    4th anniversary 1-1-90
    5th anniversary 1-1-91
    6th anniversary 1-1-92
    7th anniversary 1-1-93
    8th anniversary 1-1-94
    9th anniversary 1-1-95

Get it?
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>married 1-1-86
    1st anniversary 1-1-87
    2nd anniversary1-1-88
    3rd anniversary 1-1-89
    4th anniversary 1-1-90
    5th anniversary 1-1-91
    6th anniversary 1-1-92
    7th anniversary 1-1-93
    8th anniversary 1-1-94
    9th anniversary 1-1-95

Get it? >>

-------------------------
    I have a nine-year-old son that has Down syndrome, and he has brought more joy into my life than everyone else in it put together!!

May God bless you and your family.

Im very happy for you and your incedible son.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im very happy for you and your incedible son. >>

Sorry, I mis-spelled 'incredible'
  • Options
    Thank you, and He has!
  • Options
    Duh RYK, The full set is from 1986 through 2006...people must have to draw you pictures!
  • Options

<< <i>married 1-1-86
    1st anniversary 1-1-87
    2nd anniversary1-1-88
    3rd anniversary 1-1-89
    4th anniversary 1-1-90
    5th anniversary 1-1-91
    6th anniversary 1-1-92
    7th anniversary 1-1-93
    8th anniversary 1-1-94
    9th anniversary 1-1-95

Get it? >>

I understand what you are saying but the mint differed this time around... 1986-1995 wasnt 10 years but the mint marked them as 10th anniversary.... .....2006 issue is the 21st coin...the 1995 release was the 10th anniversary not the 9th. - first coin issued in 1986=1 1987=2 1988=3 1989=4 1990=5 1991=6 1992=7 1993=8 1994=9 1995=10 10th Anniversary release was the 10th issue not the 10th year So in 2005 the 20th issue, PCGS labels the 20th issue as the 20th Anniversary SAE... in 2006 the mint differs from its 10th issue/10th anniversary guideline and decides to make the 21st year of issue, the 20th anniversary..
  • Options
    I sent in 5 sets last week in an unopened box.Will they automatically put the 20th anniversary on the slab insert or did i have to put that on the submission form?
  • Options
    Received my set today... ordered on 9/4

Heard something moving around inside the box before I opened it, so was a little worried the coins were floating around free. Opened up the cardboard shipping box and was surprised to see the mint box inside a plastic sleeve. Pulled the sleeve off, slid off the mint's cover and lifted off the identical mint box lid. Lifted up the protective "tissue" covering and took out the black "lacquered" box containing the coins. Opened the box and found the coins floating around but at least they were tightly sealed in their capsules.

Examined each one closely, brushing off some stray dust from the outside of the capsules. Overall, the coins look very good if not terrific. The regular or cameo proof looks as it should, the unc has an unusual look on the reverse (especially around the stars, looks as if whatever polishing was done was not quite perfect) but the more I look at it the more I am satisfied, the reverse proof looks better in hand than it does in any mint pictures. If reverse proofs are offered again in coming years, I am tempted to continue to collect them. This is significant to me because I am not a die-hard fan of Silver Eagles.

Pushed the capsules back into their respective slots in the box and found that the regular proof did not easily fit into any slots while the others fit fine. I wonder why that is so?

Overall, I am pleased with what I've seen. Fortunately, I'm enjoying the coins as coins and am not subjecting myself to the stress of the "grading game" as others seem to be on these boards.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got my set today and they look fantastic.

It was well worth the wait, I love them.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    Duh RYK, The full set is from 1986 through 2006...people must have to draw you pictures!

Dlimb,

I am obviously not as smart as you. To my enfeebled, pea-sized brain, it seems moronic to call the RP a key date of the proof series. To my eye, it does not resemble the other coins in the series, but perhaps your eyes are sharper...and hopefully sharper than your wit.
  • Options

Get it? >>

I understand what you are saying but the mint differed this time around... 1986-1995 wasnt 10 years but the mint marked them as 10th anniversary.... .....2006 issue is the 21st coin...the 1995 release was the 10th anniversary not the 9th. - first coin issued in 1986=1 1987=2 1988=3 1989=4 1990=5 1991=6 1992=7 1993=8 1994=9 1995=10 10th Anniversary release was the 10th issue not the 10th year So in 2005 the 20th issue, PCGS labels the 20th issue as the 20th Anniversary SAE... in 2006 the mint differs from its 10th issue/10th anniversary guideline and decides to make the 21st year of issue, the 20th anniversary.. >>

The mint was wrong on the 10th anniversary and PCGS was wrong with labeling 2005 the 20th anniversary.

2005 and 2006 can't simultaneously be the 20th anniversary can they?

Oh, I forgot, all you have to do these days is say something 3 times and it is true.

Sorry, but that is the way I see it..

• Options
    No you don't get it.

I guess the Platinum Unc W's and Silver unc W's, and gold Unc W's this year in their first year of issue are all First Anniversary this year right?

Not.
  • Options
    RYK,
    Yes it most certainly is different than all the other SILVER EAGLES, but it still is classified PROOF...so it being the only one of a kind classified under RP Silver Eagle...it still stands as a KEY...being the only one of a kind but still classified a proof in the series.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    What's the going rate for sealed ASE sets dated 11/6?
    Thank you.
  • Options

<< <i>Get it? >>

I understand what you are saying but the mint differed this time around... 1986-1995 wasnt 10 years but the mint marked them as 10th anniversary.... .....2006 issue is the 21st coin...the 1995 release was the 10th anniversary not the 9th. - first coin issued in 1986=1 1987=2 1988=3 1989=4 1990=5 1991=6 1992=7 1993=8 1994=9 1995=10 10th Anniversary release was the 10th issue not the 10th year So in 2005 the 20th issue, PCGS labels the 20th issue as the 20th Anniversary SAE... in 2006 the mint differs from its 10th issue/10th anniversary guideline and decides to make the 21st year of issue, the 20th anniversary.. >>

The mint was wrong on the 10th anniversary and PCGS was wrong with labeling 2005 the 20th anniversary.

2005 and 2006 can't simultaneously be the 20th anniversary can they?

Oh, I forgot, all you have to do these days is say something 3 times and it is true.

Sorry, but that is the way I see it.. >>

So everyone is wrong except for you?? buzz off already, your attitude and the way you reply shows your mentality
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Finally got my set today and they look fantastic.

It was well worth the wait, I love them. >>

cheezhead, I agree with you!

I just gave mine 2 - 70s and a 68 and that's the way it's gonna be! image
  • Options
    Yes, they will automatically put it on lable, As long as the box is not open and if dated 11/11/06 or sonner it will be F/S image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thanks for your answer type2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file