Home U.S. Coin Forum

1921-D Morgan Silver Dollar *Rare Micro D* ???

Link to Micro D I'm not a real heavy, heavy Morgan collector and I've slept some, but did I sleep through this? Can someone bring me up to date on a rare "micro-D"
Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen

Comments

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all 1921-D's are micro-d's
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    "Sold as is, no refunds or exchanges."

And the coin looks AT. A seller to avoid I'd say.
  • I'll bet his frying pan looks pretty cruddy these days.
    Proudly upholding derelict standards for five decades.
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    An uncommon combination of horrendous AT plus an absurd claim to a non-existent variety (micro-D). As rec78 said, ALL 1921-D Morgans have a small D mintmark.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    One guy on eBay who used that micro D thing, I sent a message to. He read me some riot act that he was the expert on VAMs (didn't recognize Leroy Van Allen in that email) and started in with all sorts of threats. Turned out I hadnot realized that I also corrected several of his other "mistakes" in attributions before, each time thinking he just honestly didn't now he was misrepresenting a coin. Now, to find one of those megarare spitting eagles.......
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Man, that seller is either clueless or intent on decieving somebody. I hope it is the prior. That coin is as AT as wax frut.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com

• Is this one? If so, what grade would you give it?

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

As they told you in your other thread-the coin is ruined, harshly cleaned, so grade is immaterial.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glicker up to games again? New user, 11 year old thread bumped. :)

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

@xtype said:

Is this one? If so, what grade would you give it?

>

Still polished. Still bullion value.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of old threads being revived lately.... I still look though to see what new may have been added... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file