Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Post your submission results!

Comments

• Options
    It's not NO, but N0 - PSA speak for Authentic. I had a handcut Mikan come back with N0 the other week and I too crapped my pants at first image

Cheers
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Exactly. N0 is what they give to Autographed card that are slabbed but not graded. Still no response from Customer Service about the Clemente. I'm beyond livid.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>I dropped these off at the PSA booth at the GBSCC show in early Nov. It took almost a week for them to be entered into the system. They are all PSA/DNA cards

LINE # CERT # CARD CARD CO. CARD # CARD NAME VARIETY GRADE
    1 04550762 1962 TOPPS 10 BOB CLEMENTE N/A Not Holdered, No Holder Available
    2 04550763 1948 BOWMAN 36 STAN MUSIAL N/A N0
    3 04550764 1960 FLEER 13 GEORGE SISLER N/A N0
    4 04550765 1951 BOWMAN 31 ROY CAMPANELLA N/A Not Holdered, Questionable Authentication
    5 04550766 1975 TOPPS 465 WORLD SERIES GAME 5 N/A N0

Date Received: 11/09/2006
    Date of Grades Posted: 12/05/2006
    Date Shipped: 12/05/2006

>>

Shouldn't it indicate PSA/DNA on the flip? It doesn't seem to say that on the listing. Seems like PSA is really mixing their practice here on labeling, which makes it frustrating. I want them all to say PSA/DNA on the flip.

Here is an example of a mixed submission of mine:
    1 04554691 1955 BOWMAN 293 THOMAS D. GORMAN N/A N0
    2 04554692 1996 LEAF SIGN. SERIES JEFF NELSON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED N0
    3 04554693 1996 PLAYBOY 56 PAMELA ANDERSON BEST OF PAM ANDERSON N0
    4 04554694 * REFUND DO NOT GRADE N/A Not Holdered, No Holder Available

Date Received: 11/13/2006

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    worthless but memorable..

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Julen:

Those are sharp!

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    The flips will indicate PSA/DNA, and should be the normal Red labels, not the blue labels they use for index cards (at least as far as I know). All I can say is that the Clemente isn't the only screw-up on the submissions, and that this will probably be the last time I ever submit to PSA (SGC/JSA here I come!). My next step will be to sell off or cross over every PSA card I own, as I no longer have any faith in PSA.

<< <i>

<< <i>I dropped these off at the PSA booth at the GBSCC show in early Nov. It took almost a week for them to be entered into the system. They are all PSA/DNA cards

1 04550762 1962 TOPPS 10 BOB CLEMENTE N/A Not Holdered, No Holder Available
    2 04550763 1948 BOWMAN 36 STAN MUSIAL N/A N0
    3 04550764 1960 FLEER 13 GEORGE SISLER N/A N0
    4 04550765 1951 BOWMAN 31 ROY CAMPANELLA N/A Not Holdered, Questionable Authentication
    5 04550766 1975 TOPPS 465 WORLD SERIES GAME 5 N/A N0

Date Received: 11/09/2006

>>

Shouldn't it indicate PSA/DNA on the flip? It doesn't seem to say that on the listing. Seems like PSA is really mixing their practice here on labeling, which makes it frustrating. I want them all to say PSA/DNA on the flip.

Here is an example of a mixed submission of mine:
    1 04554691 1955 BOWMAN 293 THOMAS D. GORMAN N/A N0
    2 04554692 1996 LEAF SIGN. SERIES JEFF NELSON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED N0
    3 04554693 1996 PLAYBOY 56 PAMELA ANDERSON BEST OF PAM ANDERSON N0
    4 04554694 * REFUND DO NOT GRADE N/A Not Holdered, No Holder Available

Date Received: 11/13/2006
    Date Shipped: 12/05/2006 >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    schr1st....

dude, you haven't even heard back from customer service yet. Perhaps they're looking into the problem. I understand you're frustrated --- but it's only been a couple of days. Be patient and wait until you get all of the facts before you start talking crazy talk about crossing over every card you own to SCG.

Nobody's perfect ... but PSA has shown (me at least) that it deserves its reputation as the premiere grading service.

-t
    - Building these sets:
    ------- 1960 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    ------- 1985 Topps Hockey PSA 9+
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭
    the 93 elway is a normal sized autograph card listed in beckett... not sure what the problem is... anyone know?
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    As mentioned before, this is just one of several issues I've had with PSA as of late (the non-authentic Mantle signature that somehow got slabbed by PSA that is my avatar being one of them). I work as a technical support person, and if I ever provided the lack of service to my customers that I have been getting from PSA regarding this and another issue (that I'll discuss later), I'd be out of a job.

As many of the long time members of this board know, I've been a big PSA supporter over the years, both on these boards and others. I can't and won't tolerate the current direction the company though.

<< <i>schr1st....

dude, you haven't even heard back from customer service yet. Perhaps they're looking into the problem. I understand you're frustrated --- but it's only been a couple of days. Be patient and wait until you get all of the facts before you start talking crazy talk about crossing over every card you own to SCG.

Nobody's perfect ... but PSA has shown (me at least) that it deserves its reputation as the premiere grading service.

-t >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Typo title?

Has this been bothering anyone else? image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Typo title?

Has this been bothering anyone else? image >>

Nevr nooticed til know thansk!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Typo title?

Has this been bothering anyone else? image >>

You down with OCD?

YEAH YOU KNOW ME!!!

• Options

<< <i>As mentioned before, this is just one of several issues I've had with PSA as of late (the non-authentic Mantle signature that somehow got slabbed by PSA that is my avatar being one of them). I work as a technical support person, and if I ever provided the lack of service to my customers that I have been getting from PSA regarding this and another issue (that I'll discuss later), I'd be out of a job.

As many of the long time members of this board know, I've been a big PSA supporter over the years, both on these boards and others. I can't and won't tolerate the current direction the company though.

>>

I don't know your background or long term frustrations with PSA and your opinion is certainly yours to have and share freely. I guess I just sense a ton of negative energy off you concerning PSA. The fact that your Avatar is a PSA mistake pretty much sums up the energy you exude about the company. I believe strongly in the law of attraction and the power of energy. What you put out into the world is what is returned to you by the universe, oftentimes 10 fold. Ever wonder why a bad day always seems to get worse?

Crack open a beer, look through some of your favorite cards, rip a pack or two if you've got 'em, and just relax. If they can work it out, they will. If they can't, they won't and you can take your business elsewhere.

-t
    - Building these sets:
    ------- 1960 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    ------- 1985 Topps Hockey PSA 9+
  • Options

<< <i>What you put out into the world is what is returned to you by the universe, oftentimes 10 fold.

-t >>

I hope to God this isn't true.

• Options
    I can understand and appreciate your sentiments. Just please try to understand that this is coming from someone that spent years supporting PSA and defending them against critics (just check the CLCT messageboard on Yahoo, and you'll see some of my posts there defending the company. I use the same ID in both places). This isn't just some small thing, but the culmination of years of "letting things go" until the point of no return having been reached.

Edit: I was wrong, I used my SeanChristian account instead of schr1st. Seach for the schr1st ID on the boards though, as I can't seem to find any of my post by the SeanChristian name. If you search by schr1st, you'll find at least 1 from 2003 I believe).

<< <i>

<< <i>As mentioned before, this is just one of several issues I've had with PSA as of late (the non-authentic Mantle signature that somehow got slabbed by PSA that is my avatar being one of them). I work as a technical support person, and if I ever provided the lack of service to my customers that I have been getting from PSA regarding this and another issue (that I'll discuss later), I'd be out of a job.

>>

I don't know your background or long term frustrations with PSA and your opinion is certainly yours to have and share freely. I guess I just sense a ton of negative energy off you concerning PSA. The fact that your Avatar is a PSA mistake pretty much sums up the energy you exude about the company. I believe strongly in the law of attraction and the power of energy. What you put out into the world is what is returned to you by the universe, oftentimes 10 fold. Ever wonder why a bad day always seems to get worse?

Crack open a beer, look through some of your favorite cards, rip a pack or two if you've got 'em, and just relax. If they can work it out, they will. If they can't, they won't and you can take your business elsewhere.

-t >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭
    I am the one who started the topic and accidentally hit the b key twice but didn't know how to fix it. You have really hurt my feelings now by criticizing me and I am beside myself. Please stop bbbothering me!

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    You down with OCD?

YEAH YOU KNOW ME!!!i]

Now look who is quoting some rap lyrics. Nice job Whitey Ford!
  • Options
    You down with OCD?

YEAH YOU KNOW ME!!!i]

Now look who is quoting some rap lyrics. Nice job Whitey Ford! >>

You're right. The fact that I played off of the chorus from a Naughty by Nature song that came out 14 years ago as a way of poking fun as Zef is, without question, proof positive that I harbor an insatiable fetish for all things urban.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    You're right. The fact that I played off of the chorus from a Naughty by Nature song that came out 14 years ago as a way of poking fun as Zef is, without question, proof positive that I harbor an insatiable fetish for all things urban. >>

Or proof that you have seen recent commercials on USA for Monk....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    'Cause he gets up in the morning,
    And he goes to work at nine,
    And he comes back home at five-thirty,
    Gest the same train every time.
    'Cause his world is built 'round punctuality,
    It never fails.

And he's oh, so good,
    And he's oh, so fine,
    And he's oh, so healthy,
    In his body and his mind.
    He's a well respected man about town,
    Doing the best things so conservatively.

Kinks
    circa 1965 "A Well Respected Man"
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    You're right. The fact that I played off of the chorus from a Naughty by Nature song that came out 14 years ago as a way of poking fun as Zef is, without question, proof positive that I harbor an insatiable fetish for all things urban.

I didn't say all that. I was merely making a very slight jab at you Frank White. If you had tried to quote E-40, Reek Daddy or even someone quasi-pop, like Too Short, I would have indicated you might harbor the fetish you indicated.

Just remember Life is Too Short and "Life Ain't Nothin' But Bitc$ and Money."

Peace
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I doubt that Salaam was recolored. I had a Favre Flair come back the same way. No body is recolor newer cards. It must be something about some of the printing techs that makes this happen. How would anyone even try to recolor the SP foil rc's.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Frank White?

yo, he was from my hometown! george brett & frank white were my idols growing up.

tgif

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    J-
    Do not worry... I was not speaking bad of Frank White. That guy was very solid in the late 70's and early '80's! Though I liked my Dodger's Davey Lopes better. image Maybe I should have pulled a better caucasian name for use in my last email.
  • Options

<< <i>You're right. The fact that I played off of the chorus from a Naughty by Nature song that came out 14 years ago as a way of poking fun as Zef is, without question, proof positive that I harbor an insatiable fetish for all things urban.

I didn't say all that. I was merely making a very slight jab at you Frank White. If you had tried to quote E-40, Reek Daddy or even someone quasi-pop, like Too Short, I would have indicated you might harbor the fetish you indicated.

Just remember Life is Too Short and "Life Ain't Nothin' But Bitc$ and Money."

Peace >>

LOL! Rock on, Larry. I've never heard of E-40 or the 'Reek Daddy', so I can't comment on either. But please rest assured that if I poke fun at you for jamming 'Efilforzaggin' on your way to and from probate court I genuinely do not believe that you look any sillier than a moderately overweight man with thinning hair on the backside of 30-- e.g., yours truly-- who has 'Highway to Hell' pumping out of his 1996 Toyota Camry.

In any case, how could I possibly take any shots at you-- or anyone else for that matter-- given that Jim Palmer pitched in at least one World Series game in three different decades? ROCK ON, my fellow card nerds!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    You're right. The fact that I played off of the chorus from a Naughty by Nature song that came out 14 years ago as a way of poking fun as Zef is, without question, proof positive that I harbor an insatiable fetish for all things urban. >>

Or proof that you have seen recent commercials on USA for Monk.... >>

That would be a problem, Marc, since I don't have the USA network. About two years ago I pared down my cable package, and now I only get ESPN, the Turner channels, and a couple other crazy stations (The Game Show Network, etc.).

Which brings me to my next question. Who is the Monk?
  • Options
    These just popped.

1 04886783 1952 TOPPS 211 MICKEY MANTLE N/A 9
    2 04597805 1952 TOPPS 211 MICKEY MANTLE N/A 9
    3 04585733 1952 TOPPS 211 MICKEY MANTLE N/A 9
    4 04583003 1952 TOPPS 211 MICKEY MANTLE N/A 9
    5 04587794 1952 TOPPS 211 MICKEY MANTLE N/A 8
    6 04580475 1987 TOPPS 359 MIKE GREENWELL N/A 8

I'm pretty steamed about the Greenwell. It's a definite 9 at least. Overall I guess I'm just so-so on this sub. Hopefully PSA will be nicer to me next time.

Arthur
  • Options

<< <i>These just popped.

1 04886783 1952 TOPPS 211 MICKEY MANTLE N/A 9
    2 04597805 1952 TOPPS 211 MICKEY MANTLE N/A 9
    3 04585733 1952 TOPPS 211 MICKEY MANTLE N/A 9
    4 04583003 1952 TOPPS 211 MICKEY MANTLE N/A 9
    5 04587794 1952 TOPPS 211 MICKEY MANTLE N/A 8
    6 04580475 1987 TOPPS 359 MIKE GREENWELL N/A 8

I'm pretty steamed about the Greenwell. It's a definite 9 at least. Overall I guess I'm just so-so on this sub. Hopefully PSA will be nicer to me next time.

Arthur >>

Nice results. While most people recognize how hard the 1952 #311 Mickey Mantle is to find in mint 9 condition, I think card #211 has really been overlooked by the card collecting community. Hopefully someday the hobby's collective demand for this card begins to reflect its scarcity.
  • Options
    This Mantle guys is not to be confused with the extremely rare and highly-soughtafter Ray Coleman SSSSSP #211.

• Options
    Thanks guys. I'm surprised more of these haven't popped up. Originally, my intention was to just sit on them and let word spread that there is an ultra-rare variation on the '52 Mantles. I'm starting to think I might just unveil a few on the next $0.20 listing day. I'm in the process of contacting numerous publications so that they can do a story on me, err ... I mean on the Mantles.

Found 'em in a shoebox at the bottom of a fish tank that was used as a house for our family fish "Esteban." Admittedly, they were quite wet when I first removed them from the tank but I just stuck them in my Levi's and ran them through a few spon cycles.

Vuola!

Arthur
  • Options
    A couple pictures of the 1/1 beauties I mentioned in an earlier thread.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    PSA Order Status for Submission # 605494

1 04580782 1994 PROLINE LIVE EMMITT SMITH PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 8
    2 04580783 1994 PROLINE LIVE TROY AIKMAN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 8

Date Received: 12/04/2006
    Date of Grades Posted: 12/12/2006
    Date Shipped: 12/12/2006

The grades were expected. The pro line live autos are tough to get in mint condition.
  • Options
    Well - I had four pop in the last week, but since I don't check online (I wait to get the cards), the only one I've received thus far is some T-206s I sent in to get re-holdered with the Factory Designation:

PSA Order Status for Submission # 604474

1 31339142 1911 SOVEREIGN RED DOOIN N/A 4
    2 31256175 1911 POLAR BEAR MICKEY DOOLAN BATTING 2
    3 31091473 1911 EL PRINC.DE GALES MICKEY DOOLAN BATTING 3
    4 31223963 1911 AMERICAN BEAUTY MICKEY DOOLAN BATTING 6
    5 04450305 1911 TOLSTOI MICKEY DOOLAN BATTING 5
    6 31409830 1911 CYCLE MICKEY DOOLAN FIELDING 4
    7 30955940 1911 SOVEREIGN OTTO KNABE N/A 5
    8 12123742 1911 SOVEREIGN SHERRY MAGEE PORTRAIT 4
    9 01018379 1911 PIEDMONT FRED JACKLITSCH N/A 9
    10 05003829 1911 SWEET CAPORAL FRED JACKLITSCH N/A 9
    11 31344826 1911 CYCLE SHERRY MAGEE WITH BAT 4
    12 31445356 1911 OLD MILL SHERRY MAGEE WITH BAT 5
    13 31130812 1911 POLAR BEAR SHERRY MAGEE WITH BAT 4
    14 90189796 1911 AMERICAN BEAUTY GEORGE McQUILLAN WITH BAT 3
    15 30907978 1911 POLAR BEAR GEORGE McQUILLAN WITH BAT 5
    16 30630942 1911 OLD MILL JOHN TITUS N/A 4
    17 30056297 1911 CAROLINA BRIGHTS JOHN TITUS N/A 5

Date Received: 11/17/2006
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    ms-
    That T206 Magee is one of my favorite cards.

Here's my PSA/DNA submission of 7 auto'd baseballs. It's my first PSA/DNA sub so I honestly have no idea what these designations mean on the sub results page. I got the Mantle ball signed in person when he did a card show in Austin, TX probably around 1989-90. Still have the picture of me with him signing it. The others were all given to me as gifts through the years.

Mike

1 81659320 2004 BSBAUTO MARK MCGWIRE SSB - SWEET SPOT No Grade Specified
    2 81659321 BASEBALL - AUTOGR WILLIE MAYS SSB - SWEET SPOT No Grade Specified
    3 81659322 BASEBALL - AUTOGR HANK AARON SSB - SWEET SPOT No Grade Specified
    4 81659323 2004 BSBAUTO NOLAN RYAN SSB - SWEET SPOT No Grade Specified
    5 81659324 BASEBALL - AUTOGR MICKEY MANTLE SSB - SWEET SPOT No Grade Specified
    6 81659325 2004 BSBAUTO MIKE SCHMIDT SSB - SWEET SPOT No Grade Specified
    7 81659326 2004 BSBAUTO JOHN SMOLTZ SSB - SWEET SPOT No Grade Specified

Date Received: 11/22/2006
    Date of Grades Posted: 12/13/2006
    Date Shipped: 12/13/2006

• Options
    I picked up a Magee Portrait recently and I like that card as well. Looking at mikeschmidts list of re-holdered
    cards I couldn't help but notice the 2 PSA 9's in there. Awesome, congrats on those!
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Well, I think it's safe to say PSA is making 100% sure they don't fall into the same grading habits as GAI did with the packs..Another sub with EVERY PACK showing as altered...This has got to be from an altered "BOX"...

1 06548621 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548622 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548623 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548624 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548625 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548626 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548627 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548628 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548629 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548630 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548631 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548632 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548633 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548634 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548635 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548636 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548637 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548638 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548639 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548640 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548641 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548642 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548643 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548644 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548645 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548646 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548647 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered
    1 06548648 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK N/A Not Holdered, Altered

Date Received: 10/27/2006
    Date of Grades Posted: 12/14/2006
    Date Shipped: No Date Specified

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    if they don't grade an unopened pack, do they return your $$$$ or give your credit?

sorry for results

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options

<< <i>if they don't grade an unopened pack, do they return your $$$$ or give your credit?

sorry for results

julen >>

Julen -- when PSA reviews anything (cards, autographs, packs) and determines that it is altered, they take the grading fees. The only time that credit is given is, for example, when you send in a card for grading and a) it is factory miscut, b) PSA does not grade that issue, or c) the card does not meet minimum size requirements (e.g. it is factory cut short)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>if they don't grade an unopened pack, do they return your $$$$ or give your credit?

sorry for results

julen >>

Julen -- when PSA reviews anything (cards, autographs, packs) and determines that it is altered, they take the grading fees. The only time that credit is given is, for example, when you send in a card for grading and a) it is factory miscut, b) PSA does not grade that issue, or c) the card does not meet minimum size requirements (e.g. it is factory cut short) >>

I don't think they give vouchers for min size req. anymore- or at least I haven't received any for the last 30 or so cards I've had sent back to me with that designation.
  • Options
    Overall, pretty happy with these grades. The two with evidence of trimming were cracked out of Gem Elite holders - go figure. Not sure what I missed on the Griffey UD RC. Pulled it from a factory sealed set off ebay.

1 0720 1991 TOPPS 565 CRAIG BIGGIO DESERT SHIELD 9
    2 0720 1989 FLEER GLOSSY 353 CRAIG BIGGIO N/A 9
    3 0720 1979 TOPPS 162 TOM JOHNSON N/A 5
    4 0720 1979 TOPPS 480 FRED LYNN N/A 9
    5 0720 1986 TOPPS 180 DON MATTINGLY N/A 9
    5 0720 1986 TOPPS 180 DON MATTINGLY N/A 9
    6 0720 1979 TOPPS 359 DAN SPILLNER N/A 10
    7 0720 1979 TOPPS 452 JERRY MORALES N/A 9
    8 0720 1989 DONRUSS 561 CRAIG BIGGIO N/A 10
    8 0720 1989 DONRUSS 561 CRAIG BIGGIO N/A 9
    9 0720 1989 UPPER DECK 273 CRAIG BIGGIO N/A 8
    10 0720 1990 TOPPS TIFFANY 157 CRAIG BIGGIO N/A 10
    11 0720 1990 TOPPS TIFFANY 404 CRAIG BIGGIO N/A 9
    11 0720 1990 TOPPS TIFFANY 404 CRAIG BIGGIO N/A 8
    12 0720 1986 TOPPS 741 PETE ROSE N/A 9
    13 0720 1979 TOPPS 30 DAVE WINFIELD N/A 9
    14 0720 1979 TOPPS 104 JOHNNY OATES N/A 9
    15 0720 1979 TOPPS 21 KEVIN KOBEL N/A 10
    16 0720 1986 TOPPS 70 DAVE WINFIELD N/A 10
    17 0720 1983 TOPPS 482 TONY GWYNN N/A Not Holdered, Evidence of Trimming
    17 0720 1983 TOPPS 482 TONY GWYNN N/A 8
    17 0720 1983 TOPPS 482 TONY GWYNN N/A 8
    18 0720 1989 FLEER 8 LARRY BIRD N/A 9
    19 0720 1991 LEAF PREVIEW 21 KIRBY PUCKETT N/A 9
    20 0720 1979 TOPPS 429 JOHN URREA N/A 9
    21 0720 1979 TOPPS 303 LARY SORENSEN N/A 9
    22 0720 1979 TOPPS 693 DAVE RADER N/A 9
    23 0720 1983 FLEER 360 TONY GWYNN N/A 9
    24 0720 1979 TOPPS 390 EARL CAMPBELL N/A 8
    25 0720 1991 STADIUM CLUB 57 FRANK THOMAS N/A 9
    25 0720 1991 STADIUM CLUB 57 FRANK THOMAS N/A 9
    26 0720 1979 TOPPS 670 JIM HUNTER N/A 9
    27 0720 1979 TOPPS 67 JIM MASON N/A 9
    28 0720 1979 TOPPS 183 PAUL SPLITTORFF N/A 8
    29 0720 1979 TOPPS 723 PIRATES PROSPECTS BERRA/COTES/WILTBANK 9
    30 0720 1989 FLEER 21 MICHAEL JORDAN N/A 10
    30 0720 1989 FLEER 21 MICHAEL JORDAN N/A 9
    30 0720 1989 FLEER 21 MICHAEL JORDAN N/A 9
    31 0720 1989 FLEER 616 BILL RIPKEN FF ERROR 9
    32 0720 1979 TOPPS 544 FERGIE JENKINS N/A 8
    33 0720 1979 TOPPS 417 STRIKEOUT LEADERS N.RYAN/W.JOHNSON 9
    34 0720 1979 TOPPS 700 REGGIE JACKSON N/A 9
    35 0720 1979 TOPPS 359 DAN SPILLNER N/A 9
    36 0720 1975 TOPPS 228 GEORGE BRETT N/A Not Holdered, Evidence of Trimming
    37 0720 1989 UPPER DECK 1 KEN GRIFFEY JR. STAR ROOKIE 6
    38 0720 1982 TOPPS 21 ORIOLES FUTURE STARS BONNER/RIPKEN/SCHNEIDER 8
    39 0720 1979 TOPPS 715 BRAVES PROSPECTS BENNEDICT/HUBBARD/WHSNTN. 9
    40 0720 1986 TOPPS 250 DWIGHT GOODEN N/A 10
    41 0720 1989 UPPER DECK 25 RANDY JOHNSON STAR ROOKIE 10
    42 0720 1986 TOPPS 205 TONY PEREZ N/A 9
    43 0720 1986 TOPPS 700 REGGIE JACKSON N/A 9
    44 0720 1979 TOPPS 301 TOM HUME N/A 9
    45 0720 1979 TOPPS 507 TONY ARMAS N/A 10
    46 0720 1986 TOPPS 202 DWIGHT GOODEN N/A 9
    47 0720 1986 SPORTFLICS 71 TOP SLUGGERS R.JACKSON/F.LYNN/R.YOUNT 9

Date Received: 11/28/2006
  • Options
    I too am pretty happy with these. A couple of 8's on the modern stuff which I thought was borderline, and happy - in a way - to see that PSA agreed.

PSA Order Status for Submission # 605840

1 04574092 2005 U.D. M.J/L.J. LJMJ1 M.JORDAN/L.JAMES BONUS PACK 9
    2 04574093 2005 U.D. M.J/L.J. LJMJ2 M.JORDAN/L.JAMES BONUS PACK 9
    3 04574094 2005 U.D. M.J/L.J. LJMJ3 M.JORDAN/L.JAMES BONUS PACK 10
    4 04574095 2005 U.D. M.J/L.J. LJMJ4 M.JORDAN/L.JAMES BONUS PACK 9
    5 04574096 2005 U.D. M.J/L.J. LJMJ5 M.JORDAN/L.JAMES BONUS PACK 10
    6 04574097 2005 U.D. M.J/L.J. LJMJ8 M.JORDAN/L.JAMES BONUS PACK 9
    7 04574098 2005 U.D. M.J/L.J. LJMJ9 M.JORDAN/L.JAMES BONUS PACK 10
    8 04574099 2005 U.D. M.J/L.J. 10 M.JORDAN/L.JAMES BONUS PACK 10
    9 04574100 1994 HOOPS 3 GRANT HILL DRAFT REDEMPTION 9
    10 04574101 1996 BOWMAN'S BEST HR9 G.HILL/J.HOWARD HONOR ROLL-ATOM.REFRACTOR 10
    11 04574102 1994 FINEST RACK PACK RP1 GRANT HILL W/COATING 9
    12 04574103 1996 FINEST 271 GRANT HILL REFRACTOR W/COATING 9
    13 04574104 1996 FINEST 130 GRANT HILL REFRACTOR W/COATING 8
    14 04574105 1994 UPPER DECK SE SE114 GRANT HILL GOLD 9
    15 04574106 1994 FINEST 200 GRANT HILL N/A 9
    16 04574107 1986 FLEER 109 ISIAH THOMAS N/A 8
    17 04574108 2003 ULTIMATE COLL. BR-J BILL RUSSELL ULTIMATE GAME JERSEY 10
    18 04574109 2004 FINEST 163 LUOL DENG RED X-FRACTOR-AUTOGRAPH 10
    19 04574110 2005 SP GAME USED 70-J GRANT HILL ROOKIE AUTHENTICS-JERSEY 9
    20 04574111 1997 TOPPS CHROME 29 GRANT HILL REFRACTOR 9
    21 04574112 1998 TOPPS CHROME 165 GRANT HILL REFRACTOR 9
    22 04574113 1996 FINEST 13 GRANT HILL REFRACTOR W/COATING 9
    23 04574114 1997 TOPPS ROCK STARS RS15 GRANT HILL REFRACTOR 9
    24 04574115 1998 FINEST MYSTERY M28 G.HILL/A.HARDAWAY REFRACTOR 10
    25 04574116 1998 FINEST 165 GRANT HILL NON-PRO REFRACTOR 10
    26 04574117 1996 STADIUM CLUB CA5 C.LAETTNER/G.HILL CLASS ACTS-ATOM.REFRACTOR 9
    27 04574118 1996 BOWMAN'S BEST CUTS BC16 GRANT HILL ATOMIC REFRACTOR 10
    28 04574119 1996 BOW. BEST SHOTS BS8 GRANT HILL ATOMIC REFRACTOR 10
    29 04574120 1996 FLAIR SHOWCASE 19 GRANT HILL ROW 0 8
    30 04574121 1999 BOWMAN'S BEST 20 GRANT HILL ATOMIC REFRACTOR 10
    31 04574122 1996 BOWMAN'S BEST TB5 GRANT HILL RETROS-ATOMIC REFRACTOR 9
    32 04574123 1997 BOWMAN'S BEST 91 GRANT HILL ATOMIC REFRACTOR 9
    33 04574124 1996 BOWMAN'S BEST 10 GRANT HILL ATOMIC REFRACTOR 8
    34 04574125 1997 BOWMAN'S BEST T3 GRANT HILL TECHNIQUES-ATOMIC REF. 10
    35 04574126 1997 BOWMAN'S BEST 7 GRANT HILL ATOMIC REFRACTOR 9
    36 04574127 1997 BOWMAN'S BEST BBP3 GRANT HILL PREVIEW-ATOMIC REFRACTOR 10
    37 04574128 1975 TOPPS 254 MOSES MALONE N/A 7
    38 04574129 1972 TOPPS 161 JOHN HAVLICEK ALL STAR 7
    39 04574130 1980 TOPPS REBOUNDING LEADER BIRD,CARTWRIGHT,DREW 7
    40 04574131 1980 TOPPS SCORING LEADER S.MAY,L.BIRD,J.SIKMA 9
    41 04574132 1980 TOPPS J.VAN BREDA KOLFF, J.ERVING,M.JOHNSON 8

Date Received: 11/29/2006
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    ms,
    all i can say is WOW!!!!

9 01018379 1911 PIEDMONT FRED JACKLITSCH N/A 9
    10 05003829 1911 SWEET CAPORAL FRED JACKLITSCH N/A 9

those must be beauties. would you mind scanning when you get them back?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

• Options
    Wow ! those T206 are the nicest I have ever seen ! Congrats on not one but two sweet cards !

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    mike,
    great cards. personal collection or did you pick them up elsewhere recently?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>mike,
    great cards. personal collection or did you pick them up elsewhere recently? >>

I picked them both up over 5 years ago each. Right now, a PSA 7 probably goes for about the same price I bought either PSA 9. I just sent them in to be re-holdered to get the advertising back designation.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA Order Status for Submission # 605180

1 06589073 1975 TOPPS MINI 500 NOLAN RYAN N/A 6
    2 06589074 1975 TOPPS MINI 223 ROBIN YOUNT N/A 8OC
    3 06589075 1975 TOPPS MINI 1 '74 HIGHLIGHTS HANK AARON 8OC
    4 06589076 1975 TOPPS MINI 7 '74 HIGHLIGHTS S.BUSBY/D.BOSMAN/N.RYAN 9OC
    5 06589077 1975 TOPPS MINI 351 BOB BOONE N/A 8
    6 06589078 1975 TOPPS MINI 565 JOE TORRE N/A 7
    7 06589079 1975 TOPPS MINI 610 RON HUNT N/A 8
    8 06589080 1975 TOPPS MINI 607 JIM HOLT N/A 7
    9 06589081 1975 TOPPS MINI 83 JIM MERRITT N/A 9
    10 06589082 1972 TOPPS 132 JOE MORGAN N/A 8
    11 06589083 1972 TOPPS 341 JOE TORRE BOYHOOD PHOTO 8
    12 06589084 1973 TOPPS 31 BUDDY BELL N/A 8
    13 06589085 1973 TOPPS 50 ROBERTO CLEMENTE N/A 7
    14 06589086 1975 TOPPS 153 RICK REUSCHEL N/A 8
    15 06589087 1975 TOPPS 21 ROLLIE FINGERS N/A 7
    16 06589088 1975 TOPPS 580 FRANK ROBINSON N/A 8
    17 06589089 1979 O-PEE-CHEE 52 OZZIE SMITH N/A 8OC
    18 06589090 1983 DONRUSS 598 TONY GWYNN N/A 9
    19 06589091 1985 TOPPS 181 ROGER CLEMENS N/A 8
    20 06589092 1985 TOPPS 181 ROGER CLEMENS N/A 9
    21 06589093 1985 FLEER 155 ROGER CLEMENS N/A 9
    22 06589094 1985 DONRUSS 273 ROGER CLEMENS N/A 6
    23 06589095 1985 DONRUSS 438 KIRBY PUCKETT N/A 9
    24 06589096 1986 TOPPS 510 WADE BOGGS N/A 9
    25 06589097 1986 TOPPS 661 ROGER CLEMENS N/A 10
    26 06589098 1986 TOPPS 180 DON MATTINGLY N/A 9
    27 06589099 1986 TOPPS 70 DAVE WINFIELD N/A 9
    28 06589100 1986 TOPPS 150 JOAQUIN ANDUJAR N/A 10
    29 06589101 1986 TOPPS 191 WALLY BACKMAN N/A 9
    30 06589102 1986 TOPPS 625 BOB BRENLY N/A 9
    31 06589103 1986 TOPPS 695 MIKE SMITHSON N/A 9
    32 06589104 1989 BOWMAN 220 KEN GRIFFEY JR. N/A 9
    33 06589105 1991 TOPPS 150 CAL RIPKEN JR. DESERT SHIELD 8
    34 06589106 1991 TOPPS 677 BILLY RIPKEN DESERT SHIELD 9
    35 06589107 1992 BOWMAN 127 CARLOS DELGADO N/A 9
    36 06589108 1994 UPPER DECK 24 ALEX RODRIGUEZ N/A 10
    37 06589109 1990 FLEER ALL-STARS 5 MICHAEL JORDAN N/A 9
    38 06589110 1990 FLEER ALL-STARS 5 MICHAEL JORDAN N/A 9
    39 06589111 1991 FLEER 29 MICHAEL JORDAN N/A 7
    40 06589112 1996 TOPPS MYST.FINEST M14 MICHAEL JORDAN REFRACTOR 9
    41 06589113 1996 TOPPS MYSTERY FINEST M12 SHAQUILLE O'NEAL REFRACTOR 10
    42 06589114 1998 BOWMAN'S BEST 112 PEYTON MANNING N/A 10
    43 06589115 1998 U.D. SUPER POWERS S16 PEYTON MANNING N/A 9
    44 06589116 2005 U.D. ARTIFACTS 204 ANIBAL SANCHEZ RED 10
    45 06589117 2004 TOPPS TRADED T154 HOWIE KENDRICK N/A 10
    46 06589118 2004 TOPPS TRADED T154 HOWIE KENDRICK N/A 9
    47 06589119 2004 TOPPS TRADED T154 HOWIE KENDRICK N/A 9

Date Received: 11/22/2006

I guess I missed some things on a couple of cards, but all in all, I am pleased. A 6 on the Donruss Clemens? It came directly from a factory set and looked real good. The 75 Fingers was a beauty - not sure on that one either. The 91 Fleer Jordan - a 7? Hmmm? I'll take the 86 Topps Clemens, though!

Shane

• Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Here are the results of my sub that popped today.

1 1972 TOPPS 16 MIKE JORGENSEN N/A 7
    2 1972 TOPPS 91 N.L. E.R.A. LEADERS SEAVER/ROBERTS/WILSON 7
    3 1972 TOPPS 93 NL PITCHING LEADERS N/A 7
    4 1972 TOPPS 100 FRANK ROBINSON N/A 5
    5 1972 TOPPS 106 BREWERS TEAM N/A 7
    6 1972 TOPPS 107 JOSE CRUZ N/A 7
    7 1972 TOPPS 125 DAVE CASH N/A 6
    8 1972 TOPPS 230 SERIES CELEBRATION 7
    9 1972 TOPPS 300 HANK AARON IA N/A 7
    10 1972 TOPPS 518 WAYNE GARRETT N/A 7
    11 1972 TOPPS 525 CARLOS MAY N/A 7
    12 1972 TOPPS 714 GENE MICHAEL IA N/A 8OC
    13 1972 TOPPS 752 JOE MORGAN TRADED 5
    14 1972 TOPPS 753 DENNY McLAIN TRADED 7
    15 1975 TOPPS MINI 61 DAVE WINFIELD N/A 7
    16 1975 TOPPS MINI 320 PETE ROSE N/A 9OC
    17 1975 TOPPS MINI 500 NOLAN RYAN N/A 8OC
    18 1975 TOPPS MINI 555 AL OLIVER N/A 8OC
    19 1975 TOPPS MINI 622 ROOKIE OUTFIELDERS N/A 7
    20 1976 TOPPS 550 HANK AARON N/A 7
    21 1981 TOPPS 254 OZZIE SMITH N/A 9
    22 1982 FLEER 176 CAL RIPKEN JR. N/A 8
    23 1982 TOPPS 21 ORIOLES FUTURE STARS 8
    24 1982 TOPPS 90 NOLAN RYAN N/A 9
    25 1982 O-PEE-CHEE 90 NOLAN RYAN N/A 8
    26 1983 TOPPS 163 CAL RIPKEN JR. N/A 8
    27 1984 TOPPS 8 DON MATTINGLY N/A 8
    28 1984 O-PEE-CHEE 8 DON MATTINGLY N/A 8
    29 1985 TOPPS 181 ROGER CLEMENS N/A 8
    30 1985 TOPPS 401 MARK McGWIRE 84 USA BASEBALL TEAM 8
    31 1986 FLEER 649 MAJOR LEAGUE PROS. E.PLUNK/J.CANSECO 8
    32 1986 TOPPS 100 NOLAN RYAN N/A 8
    33 1986 TOPPS 100 NOLAN RYAN N/A 8
    34 1986 TOPPS TRADED 11T BARRY BONDS N/A 8
    35 1987 FLEER 604 BARRY BONDS N/A 8
    36 1989 DONRUSS 33 KEN GRIFFEY JR. N/A 7
    37 1988 FLEER 20 SCOTTIE PIPPEN N/A 8
    38 1988 FLEER 115 JOHN STOCKTON N/A 8
    39 1988 FLEER STICKER 2 LARRY BIRD N/A 8ST
    40 1988 FLEER STICKER 2 LARRY BIRD N/A 7ST

The 75 Mini's are from the case break and the Canseco is from the 80's break.
    The 72s did okay considering the fact that I was constantly reading the stats on the back as
    a youngster. Only Robinson, Morgan, and the Birds graded more than one grade less than I was expecting
    in this submission.

Charles
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I will share in Mike's thread with my Nov sub. I just cant get the 5's. Anyways alot of good grades too.

1 06601927 1954 TOPPS 126 BEN WADE N/A 6
    2 06601928 1954 TOPPS 139 ED & JOHNNY O'BRIEN N/A 6
    3 06601929 1954 TOPPS 214 ARNOLD PORTOCARRERO N/A 8OC
    4 06601930 1954 TOPPS 231 ROY SMALLEY N/A 7
    5 06601931 1956 TOPPS 59 JOSE SANTIAGO N/A 8
    6 06601932 1956 TOPPS 70 JIM RIVERA N/A 8
    7 06601933 1956 TOPPS 82 BILL RENNA N/A 7
    8 06601934 1956 TOPPS 97 JERRY LYNCH N/A 8
    9 06601935 1956 TOPPS 159 CLINT COURTNEY N/A 8
    10 06601936 1956 TOPPS 188 WHITE SOX TEAM N/A 6
    11 06601937 1956 TOPPS 200 BOB FELLER N/A 7
    12 06601938 1956 TOPPS 209 MAX SURKONT N/A 8
    13 06601939 1956 TOPPS 216 JERRY SCHOONMAKER N/A 8
    14 06601940 1956 TOPPS 229 HARRY BRECHEEN N/A 8
    15 06601941 1956 TOPPS 237 JOSE VALDIVIELSO N/A 8
    16 06601942 1956 TOPPS 241 DON MUELLER N/A 8
    17 06601943 1956 TOPPS 254 GEORGE CROWE N/A 8
    18 06601944 1956 TOPPS 256 TOM HURD N/A 8
    19 06601945 1956 TOPPS 263 BOB MILLER N/A 7
    20 06601946 1956 TOPPS 268 DALE MITCHELL N/A 5
    21 06601947 1956 TOPPS 278 CHET NICHOLS N/A 8
    22 06601948 1957 TOPPS 8 DON MOSSI N/A 7
    23 06601949 1957 TOPPS 48 BILL BRUTON N/A 7
    24 06601950 1957 TOPPS 52 LEE WALLS N/A 5
    25 06601951 1957 TOPPS 53 CLEM LABINE N/A 5
    26 06601952 1957 TOPPS 196 LARRY JACKSON N/A 7
    27 06601953 1957 TOPPS 208 LEW BURDETTE N/A 6ST
    28 06601954 1957 TOPPS 217 GENE STEPHENS N/A 8
    29 06601955 1957 TOPPS 250 ED MATHEWS N/A 6
    30 06601956 1957 TOPPS 252 CARL ERSKINE N/A 7
    31 06601957 1957 TOPPS 298 IRV NOREN N/A 6
    32 06601958 1957 TOPPS 321 RED MURFF N/A 6
    33 06601959 1957 TOPPS 337 RENE VALDES N/A 7
    34 06601960 1957 TOPPS 371 BOB LENNON N/A 6
    35 06601961 1957 TOPPS 405 DUKE MAAS N/A 7
    36 06601962 1958 TOPPS 61 DARRELL JOHNSON WHITE NAME 8
    37 06601963 1958 TOPPS 110 JOHNNY LOGAN N/A 8
    38 06601964 1958 TOPPS 117 FRANK TORRE N/A 8
    39 06601965 1958 TOPPS 163 JIM WILSON N/A 6
    40 06601966 1958 TOPPS 235 TOM GORMAN N/A 8
    41 06601967 1958 TOPPS 462 GARY GEIGER N/A 7
    42 06601968 1957 TOPPS 4 JOHNNY LOGAN N/A 7
    43 06601969 1957 TOPPS 121 CLETIS BOYER N/A 7
    44 06601970 1957 TOPPS 149 BOB KENNEDY N/A 6
    45 06601971 1957 TOPPS 159 SOLLY DRAKE N/A 7
    46 06601972 1957 TOPPS 187 VIRGIL TRUCKS N/A 6
    47 06601973 1957 TOPPS 205 CHARLEY MAXWELL N/A 7ST
    48 06601974 1957 TOPPS 212 ROCCO COLAVITO N/A 5
    49 06601975 1957 TOPPS 360 JOHNNY GROTH N/A 8
    50 06601976 1957 TOPPS 366 KEN LEHMAN N/A 7

Date Received: 12/04/2006
    Date Shipped: 12/14/2006

1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Drum Roll.....Well this is a sub from the oversize special from Oct. Yes its been a long wait for a 5 day special. But it was a problem order. The first rep I talked with (early Nov) and emailed the agreement to changes must have not done anything with it. As I got another call in late Nov and got it fixed.

1 07217306 2003 FLEER AUTHENTIX 3TS BRETT FAVRE TICKET STUDS 8
    2 07217307 2003 FLEER AUTHENTIX TS-BF BRETT FAVRE TICKET STUDS JERSEYS 8
    3 07217308 1995 PACIFIC 4 FAVRE/WHITE/BENNETT TRIPLE FOLDERS TEAMS 9
    4 07217309 * REFUND DO NOT GRADE N/A Not Holdered, No Holder Available
    5 07217310 1998 -99 FINEST 2 BRETT FAVRE PRO BOWL JUMBOS 10
    6 07217311 1996 -97 FINEST 2 BRETT FAVRE PRO BOWL PROMOS 5 X 7 6
    7 07217312 2002 FLAIR JUMBO BFSS BRETT FAVRE SWEET SWATCH MEMORABILIA 6

Date Received: 12/08/2006
    Date of Grades Posted: 12/15/2006

I wasnt sure if line 4 they would be able to holder, which they cant. I was a thick multi-player slab with the once hot Tonx dics.

Well, I am still waiting on 3 other orders from the same time. Two tall boys and a T-3.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's