Home Sports Talk
Options

looks like some of you ladies were wrong.

WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
In todays paper it is reported that Torre is not going anywhere.

also, in the post, Brooks writes that jeter is not to blame for arods failures. I guess he is just trying to balance out the malarky that harper wrote yesterday. I wonder if ms. axtell will post this article?

Steve
Good for you.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Axtell got it wrong again? What else is new. If Axtell ever got something right, it might be a front page story in the Daily News. LOL
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    What are you guys talking about? The New York Daily News is the source that "got it wrong". At least place the blame in the right place - and besides, I still think they'll fire him at some point.
  • Options
    Anyone who knows NY "papers" know not to believe the NY Daily News. It's to be considered, at best a tabloid. Why would they fire Torre? He's got 1 season left on his contract and it's been previously stated by Torre that he's done after this upcoming season(stated after he signed his most recent extension).
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Please explain what I 'got wrong' princess?

I posted an article by a newspaper...if you have beef take it up with them.

As far as torre not going anywhere? Who cares, really, who's at the helm of the ship as it sinks?

And wp, I thought you were a mets fan? Why do you care what happens in yankeeville?
  • Options
    lol; "sinking ship". This team has a nice group of young players as well as veterans who will produce for many years to come. Not to mention the "lowly Yankee farm system", right? lol, the ship is far from sinking; although they do need to right the ship. You sure seem to care about the Yankees Ax. Not a thread about them goes by without your "opinion". lol, I just hope Arod is out, since he doesn't have the heart or mental toughness to play for a contender. Atleast not in NY, where he's expected to be babied and blames phantom "injuries" for his ghastly 2006 performance...I doubt I'm the only one who thought he didn't perform up to par because it was his chance to shine in the spotlight with all the injuries and suspect pitching. Only after the pennant race was decided did, magically Arod turn it around. Can't wait til he's gone, he's a punk.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    I guess you all forgot about this thread.

And if axtell and others could read i said 'also'......................
    (I made no mention of the daily news article regarding Torre).

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I guess you all forgot about this thread.

And if axtell and others could read i said 'also'......................
    (I made no mention of the daily news article regarding Torre).

Steve >>

Hey SPARKY I didn't start that thread you tool. I simply responded with what I saw on ESPN - which was reporting, the night of the yanks being eliminated, that torre was tossed.

Do you prefer your crow warm or cold? You've got a lot to eat this morning.
  • Options
    I did not say you did dopey. learn to comprehend what people say before you open your yap.

oh by the way this one too...................what about this ladies?

Steve

for axtell.............i guess you never said this???

And the mediocre man is gone....replaced by the most underrated manager of our time, sweet lou pinella.
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I did not say you did dopey. learn to comprehend what people say before you open your yap. >>

Hmm but you took the time to mention ME dipchit, or did you forget?

<< <i>I wonder if ms. axtell will post this article? >>

Cold or warm crow, troll? You choose.
  • Options
    He didn't state you started the thread, dope. But, lets not forget your post about Jete not babying Arod into playing better. I guess the media, fans, teammates, management, and city all should be to blame for Arods shortcomings? I'd rather blame Arod, for the fact that he doesn't have the mental toughness to succeed in pressure situations like playoff races Or the playoffs for that matter.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>He didn't state you started the thread, dope. But, lets not forget your post about Jete not babying Arod into playing better. I guess the media, fans, teammates, management, and city all should be to blame for Arods shortcomings? I'd rather blame Arod, for the fact that he doesn't have the mental toughness to succeed in pressure situations like playoff races Or the playoffs for that matter. >>

What does my posting an article (that I didn't write, mind you) about jeter's failings as captain have to do with 2 threads that were posted (again, not by me) in which torre was reportedly fired?

• Options
    Hey idiot it was 2 different statements.

1, pertained to the Torre supposed firing (in which you said) (and which I was speaking to all the ladies) that claimed his firing was immenent.

"And the mediocre man is gone....replaced by the most underrated manager of our time, sweet lou pinella."

The other in rebuttal to that stupid article you posted yeaterday.

learn to comprehend what people say.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    So, ms axtell before you serve that crow have a few bites on me first.

dope.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey idiot it was 2 different statements. >>

Then why even mention me, tool?

<< <i>1, pertained to the Torre supposed firing (in which you said) (and which I was speaking to all the ladies) that claimed his firing was immenent. >>

Which, as everyone with a tv saw, is what ESPN reported the evening of the yankees losing...or was I the only one watching ESPN this past weekend?

<< <i>"And the mediocre man is gone....replaced by the most underrated manager of our time, sweet lou pinella." >>

Again, which is what ESPN REPORTED - why is that so hard for you to understand?

Please, why am you ONLY calling out me on this - there sure as hell were plenty of others who shared my sentiments - even yankees fans saying that it was time for this partnership to end. Why aren't you caling them out, dipchit?

<< <i>The other in rebuttal to that stupid article you posted yeaterday. >>

Stupid article? Why, because its true?

I asked you something, you never replied - if you're a mets 'fan' as you claim to be, why are your panties in a bunch over this, anyways?

<< <i>learn to comprehend what people say.

Steve >>

Uhm if you weren't going off on 20 different tangents that might be possible. As it is, you want to cry about torre not being fired, and then call me out on it. Then say you were calling me out for posting a completely unrelated article about jeter.

Dude, you need to find out what you want to say, think it out, then post it. You're running in circles like a dog chasing its tail!
  • Options
    LOL

20 different tangents?

How about 2 statements.

more proof you are a dope.

the only person here that did not understand what i said was you.

Of course jerry backed you up, when has he not? Hell he was the only other person besides you that claimed that golf was not a sport. Whatever he says when backing you is taken with a ton of salt.

learn to read idiot then come back and play with the big boys.

The whole problem here is that you do not know what the word 'ALSO' means.

And to answer your dopey question regarding me being a mets fan.

Yes i am first and foremost a mets fan. been one before you came out of the nut sack. (1962) I also am what some around here are called, a new york fan. that is we like all the ny teams. some better then others. lastly anytime I can show that you are either wrong, a liar, or just a dope i will.

I hope I have now cleared up any confusion on your part.

How does that crow taste dopey?

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    lease, why am you ONLY calling out me on this - there sure as hell were plenty of others who shared my sentiments - even yankees fans saying that it was time for this partnership to end. Why aren't you caling them out, dipchit?

I said LADIES!!

I only singled you out in my second statement with regards to that article you posted yesterday. I asked "i wonder if you will post this one too"? what don't you understand?

Are you really this stupid?

I made no mention of espn, etc. I quoted you direct!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>
    I said LADIES!!
    >>

no, you said, and I quote 'I wonder if ms. axtell will post this article'.

<< <i>I only singled you out in my second statement with regards to that article you posted yesterday. I asked "i wonder if you will post this one too"? what don't you understand? >>

I don't understand why you'd mention ME in regards to an article on TORRE when all I posted was an article on JETER.

What don't YOU understand?

<< <i>I made no mention of espn, etc. I quoted you direct! >>

And I said anyone with a brain who watched ESPN this weekend saw the same things I did - torre was out, pinella was in. Is that simple enough for you, pinhead?

Just admit, in your zeal to prove me 'wrong' you screwed up, and we can move on.

• Options
    NO, Boy you really are stupid.

The thread was created with regards to Torre being fired and YES I did say LADIES. It is in the title for gods sake.

My second statement was: ( I went so far as to start a new paragraph) it had NOTHING to do about Torre, It had to do with that article you posted yesterday about Jeter and arod. ( I went so far as to say ALSO) I then asked if you would post the article in todays post in which the post writer rebutted what the news writer said. Are you following this dopey? I mean it is the 3rd time I've expalined myself to you. Everyone else (even jerry I'm sure) well, I can hope, now has no problem with what i said.

Lastly in your zeal to claim that you are right you have again shown how stupid you really are. Go on and continue claiming that you are right, show everyone here that you are a dope that has problems reading basic english.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Actually i believe ESPN reported Torre was to be fired and replaced with Pinella not exactly the same as fired and replaced with Pinella.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< NO, Boy you really are stupid. >>>

Man you ain't kidding. Everyone quickly understood the "also" in your post as soon as you mentioned it...except for Axtell.

Those cell phones Axtell sells...they probably only work in Zimbabwe.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>image

image >>

Jealous, bitz?

And wp, your head is spinning so many different directions you don't even know what you've said anymore.

• Options
    LOL great comeback dopey. I know, and everyone else knows exactly what i said. the problem is that you are a cement head.

can't comprehend basic english? comeback when you can.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image

image >>

Jealous, bitz?

And wp, your head is spinning so many different directions you don't even know what you've said anymore. >>

Jealous of a cellphone? I doubt Anyone is jealous of a radioshack cellphone salesman.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    PFHT! Yeah, I'll take my crackberry over that POS any day image

And what in the world is a "bitz", Tinkerbell? Is that some D&D term your bedtime buddies came up with?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    easy stown, by asking him a simple question you just may wind up with a 20 post back and forth, with him proclaiming victory after it is shown over and over that he is a dope.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>PFHT! Yeah, I'll take my crackberry over that POS any day image >>

Where did you steal it from? Crackberry? hah. For dopes who think they are important. If I want mobile email, it sure as hell wouldn't be a blackerry.

<< <i>And what in the world is a "bitz", Tinkerbell? Is that some D&D term your bedtime buddies came up with? >>

heh you know what it stands for, as I am sure your mommy gets called it all the time.

Back on topic.

ESPN reported torre was fired and replaced by Pinella...everyone posted on it, I replied, and yet I am the one being called out on it by the resident dipchit wp here.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>PFHT! Yeah, I'll take my crackberry over that POS any day image >>

Where did you steal it from? Crackberry? hah. For dopes who think they are important. If I want mobile email, it sure as hell wouldn't be a blackerry. >>

Whatever you say, Tinkerbell. You are just (as you say) "jealous" because you can't afford one, dope image

<< <i>

<< <i>And what in the world is a "bitz", Tinkerbell? Is that some D&D term your bedtime buddies came up with? >>

heh you know what it stands for, as I am sure your mommy gets called it all the time. >>

I googled "bitz" and nothing came up. It must be some underground, super secret magic saying only used for elves with level 8 baking powers.
  • Options
    No dopey, you were not called out on that. you were called out on the jeter/arod article. i simply wanted to know if you intended to ALSO post (here) the article in today's Ny Post.

i only started showing your quotes regarding Toree being fired cuz you claimed you never said anything.

keep claiming that you are the vicyim here, I'm sure everyone is having a laugh at your stupidity.

Steve

edited to add: boy I'm really pressing my luck with these spelling errors. next he will play grammar cop, hoping that will divert attention. it is fun toying with this idiot.

Good for you.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>No dopey, you were not called out on that. you were called out on the jeter/arod article. i simply wanted to know if you intended to ALSO post (here) the article in today's Ny Post.

i only started showing your quotes regarding Toree being fired cuz you claimed you never said anything.
    >>

Good lord you need a new hobby...quit trying to play connect the dots here, it's obviously too advanced for you.

<< <i>keep claiming that you are the vicyim here, I'm sure everyone is having a laugh at your stupidity. >>

And everyone is having a good laugh at your inability to spell properly.

<< <i>edited to add: boy I'm really pressing my luck with these spelling errors. next he will play grammar cop, hoping that will divert attention. it is fun toying with this idiot. >>

And it's fun watching you, a self-professed mets fan, with his panties in a bunch over something yankee related. Why do you care so much, unless you really are a bandwagon riding yankees fan?

<< <i>Whatever you say, Tinkerbell. You are just (as you say) "jealous" because you can't afford one, dope . >>

haha I can't afford a blackberry? hmm that's interesting, as my KRZR has a higher price than the blackberry. Plus, why would I want one when (a) it has no camera, (b) is big as a house, and (c) keeps you on a leash to your boss. Hey, I think that's why you like it.

• Options

<< <i>haha I can't afford a blackberry? hmm that's interesting, as my KRZR has a higher price than the blackberry. Plus, why would I want one when (a) it has no camera, (b) is big as a house, and (c) keeps you on a leash to your boss. Hey, I think that's why you like it. >>

Huh?

(a) Who cares about phone cameras? Fuzzy pictures with limited capabilities? image
    (b) Big as a house? Oh yeah, the blackberry is HUGE! image
    (c) Keeps you on a leash to your boss? I don't have one but I know yours wouldn't appreciate the amount of time you spend on here. image

Go sell some phones, Radio-Shack boy image

DOPE image
  • Options

<< <i>
    (a) Who cares about phone cameras? Fuzzy pictures with limited capabilities? image >>

2 megapixel is excellent quality...I won't be blowing it up beyond 8x11.

<< <i>(b) Big as a house? Oh yeah, the blackberry is HUGE! image >>

Compared to the KRZR or any small form factor flip, it is HUGE, dopey.

<< <i>(c) Keeps you on a leash to your boss? I don't have one but I know yours wouldn't appreciate the amount of time you spend on here. image >>

Perhaps the leash is to your significant other.

<< <i>Go sell some phones, Radio-Shack boy image

Radio shack? hahahaha Try again dipchit.
  • Options
    2 megapixels for a phone camera is good. Compared to anything else, it's horrible.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    LOL, connect the dots? ok dopey whatever you say. It has been fun proving you are stupid yet again.

Oh by the way thanks for proving my last point with regards to spelling/typo's I knew you would finally mention it. I've noticed that you always fall back on that when you have been proven to be an idiot.

I wonder how a guy that can't even spell himself at times(or read and understand a basic sentence) has the gonads to attempt to ridicule someone else.

typical of you.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>LOL, connect the dots? ok dopey whatever you say. It has been fun proving you are stupid yet again.

Oh by the way thanks for proving my last point with regards to spelling/typo's I knew you would finally mention it. I've noticed that you always fall back on that when you have been proven to be an idiot.

I wonder how a guy that can't even spell himself at times(or read and understand a basic sentence) has the gonads to attempt to ridicule someone else.

typical of you.

Steve >>

Your spacing is incorrect around your parenthesis. You have no spacing at the front and double spacing at the rear (insert joke here).
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    (a) Who cares about phone cameras? Fuzzy pictures with limited capabilities? image >>

2 megapixel is excellent quality...I won't be blowing it up beyond 8x11. >>

PFHT! Do you know anything about photography and/or printing? Anything that advertises to be a 2 megapixel device, regardless if it's a camera or phone, isn't going to come out that clear on a 8 x 11 (which actually should be either 8 x 10 or 8.5 x 11). Additionally, they aren't even as crisp as these images that have already been reduced to 600 x 450:

<< <i>

<< <i>(b) Big as a house? Oh yeah, the blackberry is HUGE! image >>

Compared to the KRZR or any small form factor flip, it is HUGE, dopey. >>

Nice spin, Tinkerbell image

<< <i>

<< <i>(c) Keeps you on a leash to your boss? I don't have one but I know yours wouldn't appreciate the amount of time you spend on here. image >>

Perhaps the leash is to your significant other. >>

Oh, that was suppose to be some sort of insult? Uh, okay... Don't know what that has anything to do about emails being pushed to my blackberry.

<< <i>

<< <i>Go sell some phones, Radio-Shack boy image

Radio shack? hahahaha Try again dipchit. >>

>>

First off, if you are going to quote people, learn how to use the quote feature properly. Also, Radio Shack, Verizon stand in the mall, whatever.. It's all the same thing. You sell phones for a living. Good for you image Now stop flaming people and in a forum and give your customers the typical pitch of "The must have, everyone has one, best of the best, smallest of the smallest, least expensive, greatest mobile phone ever created."
  • Options
    Btw, no one should ever buy those razr(I don't care which version, all are about as fragile as Arods physche). For my production company, we've had to replace 4 phones for 3 of us. They are garbage. I've yet to not have a problem with a Motorola phone.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>Btw, no one should ever buy those razr(I don't care which version, all are about as fragile as Arods physche). For my production company, we've had to replace 4 phones for 3 of us. They are garbage. I've yet to not have a problem with a Motorola phone. >>

RAZR phones are fragile? Uhm, that's why Motorola has sold 50+ million of them? They're garbage? You don't know what the hell you're talking about, racist boy.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Btw, no one should ever buy those razr(I don't care which version, all are about as fragile as Arods physche). For my production company, we've had to replace 4 phones for 3 of us. They are garbage. I've yet to not have a problem with a Motorola phone. >>

RAZR phones are fragile? Uhm, that's why Motorola has sold 50+ million of them? They're garbage? You don't know what the hell you're talking about, racist boy. >>

So they sold a lot, which makes them durable? Arod gets paid a lot, but that doesn't mean he's there when it matters in the playoffs now does it? I'm talking about personal experience; 4 Razr's have been replaced by Motorola for FREE. Why? Because they crapped out.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Are we seriously talking smack about a crappy phone? I thought the open forum was dead. image
    Travis
  • Options
    Hey stownie-

I know numbers aren't your strongest suit (do you have any strong suits, clown?) but when you sell 50+ million of ANYTHING, you are going to have a large number of problems.

Now, why don't you go look at industry norms for defects in phones, and find that the RAZR has no higher a percentage than any other phone.

Finally, why don't you STFU and leave those of us who know what you're talking about alone, ok little boy? It's obvious you missed your midday nap today.

• Options

<< <i>Hey stownie-

I know numbers aren't your strongest suit (do you have any strong suits, clown?) but when you sell 50+ million of ANYTHING, you are going to have a large number of problems.

Now, why don't you go look at industry norms for defects in phones, and find that the RAZR has no higher a percentage than any other phone.

Finally, why don't you STFU and leave those of us who know what you're talking about alone, ok little boy? It's obvious you missed your midday nap today. >>

Now, to put that 50+million mark in perspective; in 2004 674 Million cellphones were sold worldwide. Undoubtebly more were sold in 2005 and 2006.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Oh so it went from having no problems to some problems.

That color suits you, Tinkerbell image
  • Options
    Oh and PS:

<< <i>Finally, why don't you STFU and leave those of us who know what you're talking about alone, ok little boy? It's obvious you missed your midday nap today. >>

Like you know what you are talking about when you say "2 megapixel is excellent quality"?

• Options
    ^^
    hahahahahaha. 2 megapixel. excellent quality. Those 2 phrases should never be in the same sentence.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    2 megapixel IS excellent quality.

But then I am sure you've bought into the myth that somehow, someway you NEED 5, 6, 10 megapixels. Ok dopey, go with that.

2 MP will give you 1600x1200 resolution, which is more than enough for the average consumer. But then, since your blackberry has no camera, you're going to try to crap on anything else, right?

Anyone who tells you different is trying to (and apparently, already has) sold you something...way to be fooled and fulfill the typical American consumer - bigger numbers must mean better!
  • Options

<< <i>2 megapixel IS excellent quality.

But then I am sure you've bought into the myth that somehow, someway you NEED 5, 6, 10 megapixels. Ok dopey, go with that.

2 MP will give you 1600x1200 resolution, which is more than enough for the average consumer. But then, since your blackberry has no camera, you're going to try to crap on anything else, right?

Anyone who tells you different is trying to (and apparently, already has) sold you something...way to be fooled and fulfill the typical American consumer - bigger numbers must mean better! >>

HA! No wonder why you spend so much time here. Your selling skills are terrible image

Anyhoo... Since your phone is so superior and has breath-taking picture capabilities, go ahead and snap a scenic, landscape shot for us to judge.

We are waiting..........
  • Options
    Oooh looks like I hit a sore spot with stownie.

Let me guess, you upgraded from a 3 MP to a 6 MP camera because the clerk at best buy told you it would get you hot chicks who'd admire your camera?

hahaha

Get lost, troll!