Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Rich G

13»

Comments

• Options
    Tennesse:
    I love it! I'll bet if you stick those on ebay some idiot would still bid on it!
    Rich
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Ok guys, I think we owe Rich an Apology. He has just sent me the scans of a couple of his cut autos and they are very impressive indeed. Thanks Rich for sharing these two fine pieces of your collection.

image >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

I just spit my coffee all over the desk.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>People who are well to do will ignore your pretentiousness, but people who aren't will not....and we both know that more people who read these boards are not of a high income bracket. >>

So since you read these boards, should we assume you are not "of a high income bracket?"

You don't know me. You don't know what I do or how much money I make. Same for your knowledge of most of the other "regular" posters here. This is what I was talking about earlier. Why is the amount of money people spend on their hobby a reflection of their status? of their income? of their character?

You are the epitomy of what many of us hate that frequent this board. Why do suppose to know so much about us because we spend more time here than you? You don't know if I make $10,000, $100,000 or $1,000,000 a year. Don't judge me or any of the others for calling out someone you know. Also don't insult me for spending more time here than you. As I said before, you don't know me. >>

I am not trying to be a jerk, I am saying that b/c I believe a lot of posters on the boards are younger, and the last time I checked, most young people are usually not filthy rich....I could care less what anyone makes or doesn't make....I was just making a point as to why people may get offended by what Rich says...so if I came of as being harsh, then I apologize....I could be wrong....Chris
  • Options
    Word up, Dawg.
  • Options
    Zup:
    Did you read the thread that started this war?
    I simply stated that I collect quality over quanity. The whole thing started after that quote. People in todays age are too dang sensative and soft, and they get offended easy compared to 20 years ago.
    Rich
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Rich, Im not sensitive or soft, I for one hope you are happy on your Mushroom, Pig farm way back in the woods, Sounds like you have the best of everyting.

• Options
    Tennesse:
    In my opinion anyone who got worked up over my beliefs or opinions or over me collecting quality over qunaity is sensitive/soft. With this said, I disagree with you.
    Rich
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Zup:
    I simply stated that I collect quality over quanity. The whole thing started after that quote. People in todays age are too dang sensative and soft, and they get offended easy compared to 20 years ago.
    Rich >>

So you have beena d1ck for 20+ years. Doesn't it get tired?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Zef:
    Do you think I just started my philosophy of treating others the way they treat me yesterday? With this said, yes....I've been a D!!ck as the situation arises all of my life. I don't get tired of it......How about you? Plus, don't you get tired of being soft and sensitive and offended easily?
    Rich
  • Options
    Time for me to close up the store. I'll chat with you guys in a couple of hours.
    Later
    Rich
  • Options
    Life's too short to be a d!ck!
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>d!ck's too short to be a life! >>

I read this entire thread. How fun. I'm not keeping score, but I think Rich is standing his own in the word game.

Which I don't think is the point. I can't believe somebody's being taken to task for saying things like " Did you read the thread that started this war?I simply stated that I collect quality over quanity. The whole thing started after that quote. People in todays age are too dang sensative and soft, and they get offended easy compared to 20 years ago." or "In my opinion anyone who got worked up over my beliefs or opinions or over me collecting quality over qunaity is sensitive/soft."

Rich - there is nothing more equitable than treating someone the way they treat you. The old testament basically tells us to screw those who screw us. But there is a host of people out there who have never had any interplay with us at all. My question is: How do you treat people that have never treated you? And before you toss out a witty answer, bear in mind that this board's perception of what your answer would be, based upon the persona you bring to the table, is not a terribly favorable one. Rich G does not seem to be a terribly caring or charitable human being. If you toss off the answer with your usual careless aplomb, you will have done nothing towards trying to address what appears to be this board's (save a few) problem with you.

This is your thread - have at it.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    how much for the lou gexnig auto?
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    im gonna read this whole thread later today..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    "How do you treat people who have never treated you?"

In all honesty, I treat them fair/neutral......I'm not overly nice and I'm not mean. I can generally tell If I'm going to like or dislike someone very fast, so until I figure out how I stand with them and vise versa, I'm as neutral as possible.
    Rich
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stown:
    What is your email address? I'll email the photos once I get home from work (roughly 4pm CST). >>

cu-stown@hotmail.com

It's 3:50 PM CST, so I assume you are home now. I'll post them once I get 'em image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    email sent.
    thanks Rich
  • Options
    Rich's pictures as sent to me. The only thing I did was resize them.

image (PS - Pete Rose isn't in the HOF image )
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    stown, do you have any '55 extras to trade or sell?
    thanks
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Stown:
    Thanks for hosting the pictures. I didn't send any of the bats because I didn't have scans available in my computer. However, I sent you a couple of extras to make up for it.
    Thanks again
    Rich
  • Options
    Very Nice Auto Collection!
  • Options

<< <i>stown, do you have any '55 extras to trade or sell?
    thanks
    John >>

I don't think so but you never know. Send me a PM with what you need and I'll take a look.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Nice framing on items, especially the Clemente. You might want to see about replacing the glass in the baseball display case with UV blocking glass/plexiglass. Correct me if I'm wrong Raymond, but you were able to do that with your displays, right?
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    I must say I do enjoy browsing the vintage stuff.....nice collection Rich!

-dal-
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Zup:
    Rich >>

Rich, Rich, Rich, Rich, Rich, Richie Rich...

YOU PURPOSELY LEAVE OUT THE SECOND PART OF THE SENTENCE WHERE YOU SAY, 'AND EVERYTHING I BUY COSTS A PRETTY PENNY' - THAT IS WHAT BOTHERED MANY - THIS COUPLED WITH YOUR PREVAILING ATTITUDE RUBS PEOPLE THE WRONG WAY. ARE YOU LEARNING IMPAIRED OR JUST DENSE?

Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone:
    I didn't purposely leave out that sentence......... Since quality items "cost a pretty penny"(with the exception of a steal) I assumed both sentences go hand in hand. However, I'll say it if it makes you feel better....
    just about every collectible item I own costs a pretty penny.

Sean:
    Even though the glass of the display case isn't UV protected, all the cubes that hold the baseballs are. Once again, a rich person or a poor person can have the same philosophy and collecting habits......for some reason you don't seem to understand this simple fact.

Rich
  • Options
    Very nice stuff Rich

I never thought you didn't have the items you said - based upon your job description.

I wouldn't mind if you posted a few individual things and talked about them - when you got them, any circumstances involved, how you feel about the item, who your favorite player is.

And finally, I'm gonna drop the humility talk - since you have your own sense of it and seem perfectly happy where you stand - but expect to take a few grenades in your shorts. image

The Ruth auto'ed program is beautiful and would be the centerpiece of any collection - also the Clemente looks great.

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Thanks Mike, and not only am I use to grenades thrown my way, but I'm ok with it as long as the person throwing it expalins why he's doing so. However, anyone who doesn't explain specifically why they they are throwing the grenade at me better be prepared for a few grenades to come back at them.
    Rich
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    war, ugh, good gawd y'all
    what is it good for?

absolutely nuthin'

it's becoming very apparent that there is quite a bit of friction developing here and there is just too much energy bottled up to contain

grenades? image

there may only one single cure left, something everyone here could possibly agree on, the way to settle all disputes, and pull the combatants out of the ring..........

FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

<< <i>war, ugh, good gawd y'all
    what is it good for?

absolutely nuthin'

it's becoming very apparent that there is quite a bit of friction developing here and there is just too much energy bottled up to contain

grenades? image

there may only one single cure left, something everyone here could possibly agree on, the way to settle all disputes, and pull the combatants out of the ring..........

FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image >>

Amen to that!

Mike
  • Options
    Rich - Nice stuff!!! Do you have that all in one room or do you keep them spread out?
    Carpe Diem
  • Options

<< <i>Nice framing on items, especially the Clemente. You might want to see about replacing the glass in the baseball display case with UV blocking glass/plexiglass. Correct me if I'm wrong Raymond, but you were able to do that with your displays, right? >>

Yeah, I went to a framing place and got UV glass custom cut and put it in my display cases.

I'll see if those pics are still up or not...
  • Options
    Found my post from Beckett that shows my display cases. The one with the slabs is a bookcase that I added UV glass to...

----------------------------------------
    Well, 2 1/2 months ago, my wife and I moved into our new home. We made a basement bedroom oversized with lots of closet space for my collections (Baseball, Star Wars, and misc other crap). Once I moved in, I started looking at how to best display things. I posted some preliminary pics 6-8 weeks ago and got some good feedback. The basics is now complete. I can rotate things (fairly) easily. There is also room to add more (and still plenty of storage space.

Here are the highlights:

Here's the door area coming into the office. Framed pieces include an autographed Hank Aaron 16X20 of his 715th Home Run, and a dual signed "Shot Heard Around the World" by Bobby Thompson and Ralph Branca (obtained IP). The smaller photo is an autographed Willie Mays "The Catch".

Here is my desk. Functional. Lots of room for the computer, printer, phones, etc. The top shelp has misc junk for now. This will change over to Baseball eventually.

To the left are the auto's already mentioned. To the right are signed prints by Ted Williams (UDA) and Stan the Man Musial.

Continuing around the room, here is my first ball display case. These are my Hall of Famers. Case includes Nolan Ryan, Stan Musial, Yogi Berra, Whitey Ford, Kirby Puckett, Rod Carew, Harmon Killebrew, Orlando Cepeda, Rollie Fingers, Dave Winfield, Fergie Jenkins, Paul Molitor, Gaylord Perry, Robin Roberts, Luis Aparicio, Jim Palmer, Buck O'Neil, Brooks Robinson, Bob Feller, Phil Neikro, Bobby Doerr, Juan Maricial.

On that wall, I have 2 display cases and 5 bats. The 5 bats are Harmon Killebrew, Paul Molitor, Bert Blyleven, Torii Hunter, and Tony Oliva. One of the main observations from my first post was about the need to protect things from sunlight. Hence the addition of wood blinds.

The second ball case is more miscelaneous stuff. Twins stuff, Tigers stuff, retired players. Oliva, Blyleven, Mark "The Bird" Fidrych, Willie Hernandez, Lew Ford, Johan Santana, Andre Dawson, Fred Lynn, Jacque Jones, Joe Mauer, Joe Nathan, Justin Morneau, Bobby Thompson, Ralph Branca, Kent Hrbek, Jack Morris, Tigers Team ball.

Closets.

Open closet...lots of junk!

Card display wall.

I just got this custom display case today. Made to display cards in one-screw screwdowns. Cards currently include mlb logo cards of Johan Santana, Jacque Jones. Bat barrel cards of Torii Hunter and Shannon Stewart. GU cards of Gehrig, Mantle, DiMaggio, Ruth, Maris, Clemente. Auto's of Mickey Mantle, Zach Wheat, Joe Cronin, Ichiro, McGwire, Pujols, Griffey, Musial, Mays, Nolan Ryan, Koufax, Clemens, Randy Johnson, Reggie Jackson, ARod, Barry Bonds and multiple dual auto's from UD Ultimate Signature.

This is my Trading Spaces moment. This is my old bookcase. I took empty 12 packs of diet coke, wrapped them in black tissue and put it at the back of each shelf so the cards could be placed close to the front. I custom cut UV glass to place in front. The bottom shelves have my reference books. Top shelves have PSA/DNA slabbed autos of Roberto Clemente, Frank Baker, Gil Hodges, Roger Maris, Pie Traynor, Roy Campanella, Ted Williams, Satchel Paige, Joe DiMaggio and a ton of others.

The top shelf has my Twins SGA bobbleheads.

Total number of autographs-151.
    Total number of items on display-162.

I'm very happy with how it turned out. Thanks for looking!
    ------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Raymond:
    Is your office/den just as clean as it was when you took those photos? I try to keep my home office as clean as your pictures show, and I think I do a faitly good job, but yours is amazing clean!

By the way.......
    NICE COLLECTION BUDDY!
    Rich
  • Options

<< <i>Raymond:
    Is your office/den just as clean as it was when you took those photos? I try to keep my home office as clean as your pictures show, and I think I do a faitly good job, but yours is amazing clean!

By the way.......
    NICE COLLECTION BUDDY!
    Rich >>

Not quite as clean as in the pics, but pretty clean.

BTW, are you liquidating your Ultimate dual auto's? I noticed that you sold a couple (at damn good prices...). I would have picked up the Murray/Robinson at that price...
  • Options
    Raymond:
    I'm not getting rid of the dual autos at this time. Yes, I did sell a few because I only want one autographed card of each HOF'er and these were duplicates.
    Have a good night buddy
    Rich
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    RAYMOND - FRICKING AWESOME SET UP!
  • Options
    Raymond

Not only is that a great collection but your room is neat as all get out! Superb furniture and cabinets!

I can't brag about that - I'm always digging stuff up and leaving it everywhere!

Very nice
    thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    That is ALL some of the nicest stuff I have ever seen
    in a private home.

Good thing I do not get offended when rich-folks
    show me all their great stuff. image

All of my krap is VERY eBay compared to yalls'.

Really liked looking @ all of it.

storm image
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

<< <i>Raymond

Not only is that a great collection but your room is neat as all get out! Superb furniture and cabinets!

I can't brag about that - I'm always digging stuff up and leaving it everywhere!

Very nice
    thanx for sharing
    mike >>

Thanks guys!

I spend a lot of time in that room. Just need a bed, a plasma, and a beer fridge and I'd never leave (Well, I'd visit the wife for SOME things...)