Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official Albert Pujols 2001 Rookie Registry

13»

Comments

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Yeah... that Albert Pujols guy is pretty good!
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah... that Albert Pujols guy is pretty good! >>

It was like he was playing slow pitch softball last night>>>> LOL
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    not sure why anyone would amass such a collection of these...and then decide to sell all 315 in one go.

Heritage Auction

Bizarre for sure.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    What timing tonight, as I didn't want to post anything while I had Pujols PSA RCs currently for sale on the Bay (they all ended earlier tonight)... but he did it, cracked 100 RBI just a bit ago... for the 13th time in his career. The second most all time (A-Rod has done it 14 times).

He's still got 5 years left on his contract, and you never know what could happen... but dang if this guys stats aren't about to be in Best-of-the-Best territory. When his contract is up, in theory (assuming he plays it out), he'll have 21 years of MLB service and only god knows what stats. But, think about this...

In the history of baseball, there have only been 2 players to amass 3000 hits, 600 home runs & 2000 RBI... Hank Aaron & Alex Rodriguez.

A-Rod joined that club this season, his 22nd in MLB.

Hank Aaron played 23 seasons... and established that club in his 20th season.

You can never predict health, especially with an aging player, but Albert is pretty much a lock right now to join that club... and to do it in his 18th season!

At least for now, The Machine is kinda playing like THE MACHINE again... and it's fun to watch!!!
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    As A Cardinals fan I was sorry to see him go, but glad his remaining 5 years are not on their payroll. ( his full service contract actually has 15 years to go) The Cardinals have been back to the playoff several times since he left and have an outside chance again this year, not so Albert.

Still, I am a fan of his and wish him well. But what I really want to know is if there is in fact a Topps 2002 Pujols card # 160 with a corrected no cap back photo image
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options

Wow 600 HR Gram Slammer. This guy is a Legend. Why is there so many Chrome Gem Mint on the market but so few regular Topps Gem on ebay now?