Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1980's Football wax pack busting!!! All have shipped!

Comments

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Hosed by the USPS. Now I have to wait longer.
  • Options
    I have the order placed for the boxes to be delivered to my house. As soon as they get here I promise to get them out. Sorry guys

My last order took ~10 days, hopefully they've gotten better image

Sad that post offices can't work with one another to get 2-25ct bundles in!! They're getting the $3.85 per
    Sig: Looking for a recent smr magazine, Please pm if you have one to recycle. Thank You
  • Options

<< <i>I have the order placed for the boxes to be delivered to my house. As soon as they get here I promise to get them out. Sorry guys

My last order took ~10 days, hopefully they've gotten better image

Sad that post offices can't work with one another to get 2-25ct bundles in!! They're getting the $3.85 per >>

Sad thing is its $4.05 per now the bastages. And they cant even keep the boxes available.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Jeff,

I'm in the city and there is a rockstar(believe it or not they are efficient) post office less than a block from me. They are open on Sundays and till 9 all week. I'll look tomorrow to see if they have them and I can drop them off to you if they do. Are you looking for the same boxes that AJW used for the bb packs?

LMK how many you still need and hopefully they'll have them...
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Zef ill shoot out and pick them up from you if you can get them. I still need 30 of the dang things. I am looking for the vhs boxes that ajw used or the small square ones. Apparently nobody from Buffalo Grove, Schaumburg or Libertyville ship in anything but priority envelopes as the incompetent USPS employees give me a blank stare when i ask for them. Then point me towards the 3 VHS boxes they have hanging ona hook that are like $2.50 a piece and aren't post office priority mail boxes. image
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options

<< <i>Zef ill shoot out and pick them up from you if you can get them. I still need 30 of the dang things. I am looking for the vhs boxes that ajw used or the small square ones. Apparently nobody from Buffalo Grove, Schaumburg or Libertyville ship in anything but priority envelopes as the incompetent USPS employees give me a blank stare when i ask for them. Then point me towards the 3 VHS boxes they have hanging ona hook that are like $2.50 a piece and aren't post office priority mail boxes. image >>

Jeff-

I'll check tomorrow and I will be in Deerfield all day after I hit the PO. I'll post or PM you if I get them. Should be around noon. If we don't hook up tomorrow if I get them we'll figure it out.

The Cubs blew another one. Time to drink myself to sleep.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    If it turns out that additional postage is needed for this let me know. Anticipation makes the heart grow fonder as they say!!! But this is starting to drive me crazy!!!
  • Options
    The USPS no longer stocks the VHS priority boxes. The only way to get them is online and it can take 7-10 days to receive the package. I've noticed that some Post Offices are quite low in terms of packaging.... oh well.

-Kyle-
  • Options
    Well I have had my order in for awhile so hopefully not too much longer. Yeah the po's by me have almost no packing supplies.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    I got 25 of the boxes in today hoping the rest get here tomorrow. Packs going out soon! image
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    I wasn't able to get them this weekend...

sorry for being a tease image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Its ok zef i know the feeling. I have been everywhere. image
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I can't wait!! I'm sitting, staring at some old Topps baseball packs and I'd sure as hell like to see some old 80s Topps FB sitting next to it. lol, I wonder if I'll even open the packs.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be watching from the cheap seats guys.

Good luck!

I hope everyone pulls a Montana RC!!!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike, I'm hoping for more than that! Another LT, a Rice, Montana, Elway...the list goes on and on. lol, my birthday is the 29th so this is onehelluva gift to myself.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    ahahahahahahhahahahahhah you guys got ripped off by him
  • Options
    yep ripped off. Get a life. First round is shipping tomorrow. Thanks for the patience guys.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>yep ripped off. Get a life. First round is shipping tomorrow. Thanks for the patience guys. >>

oddball is also a troll.. someones alt account.. only pops in once in awhile to say something smartass..

should be publicly executed..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I'd like front row seats.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the packs Jeff.

And I love your sigline, especially the Minoso quote about the American flag.

Don't let a tool like oddball with his upside down flag get under your skin, not worth it.

shawn
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>yep ripped off. Get a life. First round is shipping tomorrow. Thanks for the patience guys. >>

Jeff -- What's the first round?

• Options
    first 25 still trying to get a few more boxes
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    Jeff,

imageimageimage

Oddball,

imageimageimage

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    I've done transactions with Jeff Via ebay/etopps so this is just a reliever post.

Nothing here in MI, guess I wasn't in the first batch. I have instructed My better 1/2 to hold the box upon arrival because I WILL open them all(Sorry no self-control)

Anticipation is making crazy! image Hope things are falling inline Jeff

Sig: Looking for a recent smr magazine, Please pm if you have one to recycle. Thank You
  • Options
    thanks meuand The rest of the cards will go out tomorrow or tuesday. Only a few went out in the first wave due to a busy post office and a snotty postal worker at the front counter. God I hate the post office, This is the last time I deal with anything that wont fit in a bubble mailer. Sorry guys. Everyone will have their packs by the weekend guaranteed and we will rip on the weekend.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    Thanks for the update Jeff.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    One good solution you can create for yourself...keep ordering priority boxes so you can have them on hand. I cant imagine post offices not carrying enough...it's uncalled for IMO.
  • Options
    it hasnt even been the fact that they don't carry enough. I'm being told they don't carry them period. So then im like fine give me what you have they show me the cardboard envelopes and the huge $8 priority box.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10

My Sets
  • Options
    There are some sizes that post offices cannot get from their own supplier and the ones they get they cannot get them like you can by ordering online. I keep 2 to 3 extra cases of the tee shirt boxes and one case of the VHS boxes on hand most of the time.

Many times I will go to my local PO and they will ask me for boxes, I trade them for priority tape that we cannot get anymore online.
  • Options
    picked up the extra boxes i need from fredco on the etopps boards. All will be shipped and arrive by saturday. image
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    Oh and I learned my lesson I have 25 more boxes on order from the post office so I will have them in stock in the future. Sorry for the delay guys but the packs are worth the wait.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options

<< <i>Oh and I learned my lesson I have 25 more boxes on order from the post office so I will have them in stock in the future. Sorry for the delay guys but the packs are worth the wait. >>

Yes they are. Looking forward to getting underway.

Thanks again for taking this on, CHEERS!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
  • Options
    Sorry about that last blank posting....don't know what I did but I did!! Anyways, still haven't received the packs, was wondering if I was in the last mailings earlier this week.....thanks Al.
  • Options
    Yes yours were shipped yesterday.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    I haven't received mine either.
    My ebay store IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY
  • Options
    Most people haven't and won't until at least Saturday. Everyone will have theirs by the time we bust the first packs on wednesday.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    Thanks for the update Jeff, and thanks for putting this together for all of us! I'll pm you when mine arrives.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    THANKS for the update.....will be anxiously waiting for the mailman this weekend......has it been decided which pack is being opened first?? or did I miss that message earlier in the thread.....got the scanner up and running and will post pictures right away....
  • Options
    going to open the 89 topps and the surprise pack the first week.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I rec'd my packs. When do you bust them!!

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I didnt get mine image
  • Options
    Well Greg lives close most might get theirs on monday. We rip on Wednesday.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    Just got my box of goodies today!!! It will be very tempting to just start ripping, but I will try and hold off until everyone else does. For those of you that have not recieved yet, you will love the mystery pack. Thanks again for setting this up, it will be a blast.
    Later, ROB.
  • Options
    Still nothing. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10

My Sets
  • Options
    SWEET! Jeff, they package just came in! Thanks again for undertaking this project, I'm more than appreciative and hopefully sometime in the future one of us can setup another one!
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils