Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

All YN July 4th Giveaway gifts have been assigned

They will all be getting shipped in a timely fashion.

I've been up since 3 AM working on this. Hopefully there will be a lot of happy YN's.

I think this format of having the donors sending the prizes will result in me doing this again next year. It saves me a lot of aggravation and money.

So, the next YN project will be my Christmas giveaway. This is the one where we try to determine a single recipient based on need and circumstnces.

If anyone has any ideas for a recipient of the Christmas giveaway, send me some details.

Thanks to everyone for making this happen!!image

Comments

• Options
    Ken,

You are the one who made it happen!image
    Gary
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Shipping on Monday!

OK guys, let's ship right away - remember when we were young? Now that I'm an old fart, thime moves too fast!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Thank you k. Beartracks said exactly what I was thinking!

And thanks to all the donors for making this happen. You're all good guys!!
    can't get enough!!!
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    I got mine out into the mail at 10AM EST Sunday, July 2nd! Hope the YN enjoys it!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Ken.
    It's folks like you that make this a great hobby.image
    Larry

• Options
    ksteelheaderksteelheader Posts: 11,777
    Thanks everyone.

I can be a real bonehead at times, but just read my sigline.image
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    Thank you, chit stirrer.image
  • Options
    ksteelheaderksteelheader Posts: 11,777

<< <i>Thank you, chit stirrer.image >>

You're welcome Redneck!
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    Mine went out in the mail today. i took them down to the distribution center by my house and dropped them inside. Thanks to Ken for coordinating this effort.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the way to the Cornhusker state.

Ken
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Mine is in the capable hands of the United States Post Office right this very second.
    Well.....
    On second thought....

The Post Office has my package. Lets leave it at that.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine left today.image
    Larry

• Options
    dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Same Here!!image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is delayed (ran out of something I needed)....so, my apologies to my recipient on my tardiness.....but, I think the person will like it when it arrives (going to try to get it out before I on vacation).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Super Job Ken! Coins on the way to NHimage
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Mine went out today.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Mine went out to Ohio today.
  • Options
    Mine is on its way to MD.image
    Gary
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Shipped to PA today!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    My lil girl is tickled to death. Thanks for the ASE>

Her firts giveaway win. You all broght a smile to a sweet lil girl. I may be biased though.

Thanks again, Rob and Taylor.

• Options
    keezkeez Posts: 842
    Hi T Buck, this is Makenna in Oregon, I'm 8 years old and thank you for these wonderful coins that came today. I was very surprised and I love them very much. And wow, you gave me a lot. After I look at them all real carefully, I'll let you know which is my favorite of the world coins. And I also learned something -- that there is much more to coin collecting. This is also my first certified coin I've ever gotten. Thank you very much. They are very cool and interesting. I'll take good care of them. Makenna (granddaughter of Keez)
  • Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken - thank you very much for putting the YN giveaway together, my son's coin came today and he is very excited.

Gary - Tyler was very excited to receive both his first slabbed as well as his first toned coin for his collection (MS-65 '57 Franklin). I am sure he will treasure it for a long time. As I don't recognize the name, if you could PM me, I'd like to put a handle to the name.

Here's us a few minutes ago - the girls couldn't stop sniffing and decided they needed to be in the picture too.

Thanks!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    Ken, My computer has a virus, I do have the four names I signed up for & they will go in the mail Friday. Sorry for any inconvienence. I know I said if you had 50 people sign up for this great cause I would giveaway that 1988 ASE. Not quite enough, However if you will be kind enough to draw a name out of a hat, This to will be in the mail this weekend. Great job and thank you in advance. David
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭
    Ken: You're a champ. Thanks! My daughter's package came in the mail today from Texas.
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    Thanks Ken; They are in the mail. David
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    Received a PM from my donee--a very happy YN!
  • Options
    Told Ken I would do this earlier, but got tied up so sorry for the delay.

Thanks to all the donors of this giveaway. My son receieved his and was talking about it all day!! I'm sure all the other YN's were just as thrilled.

You're all good people!
    can't get enough!!!
  • Options
    Holy Cripes!! I forgot about the giveaway!!! image

Why didn't you remind me!! image
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    I have received confirmation that my package has been received and resulting in one thrilled little girl.image
  • Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349
    I recieved my package today and sent a PM. Thanks again, Mr. Larry! Thanks also to ksteelheader for organizing. I got a coin I needed for my typeset and upgraded another!

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to Mr. Warner for the 58 Washington quarter. By far my daughters most valuable coin.

Wow is all I have to say.

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My coin commitment shipped out last Thursday. I hope that it finds its' home safe and sound. Thanks for coordinating this, Ken.
  • Options
    I just got mine today. Its great thanks for the giveaway.
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    I got mine!!! I really like the proof sets and all the wheat cents!!! Thanks a bunch!
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    WOW! I got a Snail Mail Thank You from Tyler!

Thanks!

TorinoCobra71

"Feels Much Appreciation"

• Options

<< <i>Holy Cripes!! I forgot about the giveaway!!! image

Why didn't you remind me!! image >>

You were busy.

Hi CarolJ!!! Hello Jello!!!

Hi CarolJ!!! Hello Jello!!!

• Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349
    Someone sent me a Silver Eagle from 1988. I don't know who so I can't properly thank them. Maybe they'll read this. Thank you very very much! It has a lovely new home in my Dansco album. I just wanted to say thank you very much and that it was a nice surprise! image

Thanks,
    Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

• Options
    My little brother went crazy happy today because he received some cool coins for his collection.
    MANY THANKS TO KENNETH AND JEFF. THANKS TO KEN ALSO.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine finally went out (I ran into some "technical" difficulties along the way......out of ink, not the right whole punch, better paper, etc) and was received yesterday.

I was told there is one happy little guy on the east coast image

Things like this rule! I know my son really enjoys getting coins in the mail and to be on the other end (the sender) is a sweet feeling as well! When I read my PM and the YN's reaction, I felt really happy!

Great job on this Steelhead image

(I wish I had taken a picture, but I have the "almost right" attempts still at home and may "remake" one to take a picture of.......I think I did a damn good job on something unique and it felt good doing it image )

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    OffMetalOffMetal Posts: 1,684

<< <i>Received a PM from my donee--a very happy YN! >>

The pictures were scary too image Thanks again! My brother is sure as heck hooked!!
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received a Excellent Thank You note from the YN that received coins from me. Come to find out her brother received some coins from me also a couple of years ago. Way Cool I think.

Anyway the below picture makes these giveaways a real joy. Look at that wide YN smile !!

Ken
  • Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eyoung429 - Just wanted to thank you, Tyler's package came today. I'm guessing he was one of the ones Ken combined prizes for as TC71's came last week so he wasn't expecting another.

He had never signed for a package before addressed to himself so he was sort of excited about that, and even more so when he realized what it was.

I have to tell you though - you've created a "VAM" monster image. He loves learning new stuff, so now he has my redbook guide to Morgan Dollars and is trying to teach himself about VAMs. I explained it wasn't really a VAM book, so now he wants a "Real" VAM book.

Thanks Much!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I just wanted to say 'Thanks' to everyone who helped in this and especially to the member who sent my daughter Valerie the 3 Sacagaweas. She loves them!

Thanks to all!

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    Another VAM monster created here!
    RobJoyce21dVAMguy sent me a 1921-d Morgan VAM!!!
    My first VAM and its ooo awesome! Its also my first toned coin image
    imageimage
    His package came to my dads office today and when my dad came back he had a huge bulk of packages in his had.

One from Lord M, which were some COINS! Thanks alot for helping with the Austrian Type Set!
    and.....

A SWEET 1921-d VAM-1I. THIS WILL DEFINITELY make me want MORE!

And even more awesome was that he had all the info on a printout, he showed me where the VAMS were located and this turned out really well!

Thanks Rob!
    and A big HUGE THANKS To Ken!
    Want List
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    I got a Type Coin Book last week and I assume it was from this?!?! I could not read the writing on the inside of the book. Thanks though! I was almost going to buy that exact same book on Amazon! image
  • Options
    PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to say that my daughter and I still occassionally look through the assorted coins that she received from this collaborated giveaway. I'm amazed at how much cool stuff was given away by so many generous folks here.

Is my daughter an avid coin collector now. No. Her interest is only mild. However, she did go to a recent coin show and requested to pick some items out of a foreign junk bin. You now what...I was elated! At least there's a spark of interest there.

I think this kind of giveaway is awesome. Do they still happen?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file