Home Sports Talk
Options

The 'Official' Official Mariners Thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>Oh when the chips are down you revert to the old 'fantasty role playing games' attempt at an insult.

When are you going to wake up and see that's not an insult?

When are you going to address the fact that I play games (just like 10s of millions of Americans).

Just because you are too STUPID to play video games doesn't mean those of us who do are somehow weak. It just means one thing - you're an idiot.

Just because you have your blind NY lovin buddies on board, doesn't make YOU right.

Remember, the majority opinion used to be the world was flat. >>

Yep, that cats out of the bag. You got me Ax, I have to give ya credit. I tried video games but I was just too darn stupid to figure them out.

Nice reference to the world being flat. Even nicer that you place yourself that high on a list of importance as to equate the majority thinking you are a fool to the majority who once thought the world to be flat.

I'd love to meet the people who raised you, just to get an idea of what they must have put in your head to make you believe that you are so important, as well as correct 100% of the time.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    I just thought I would bump this thread from the 6th page, since apparently Ax forgot what team he was a fan of, despite the M's having a great couple of weeks against the Yankees and Sox. Maybe he was too busy bashing the Yankees and having his brokeback love affair with Arod to notice their recent success.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Yeah...let's not forget the M's are still last place in one of the weakest divisions in all of the Majors.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>I just thought I would bump this thread from the 6th page, since apparently Ax forgot what team he was a fan of, despite the M's having a great couple of weeks against the Yankees and Sox. Maybe he was too busy bashing the Yankees and having his brokeback love affair with Arod to notice their recent success. >>

What recent success might that be? 4-6 in their last 10? Maybe as a yankee fan you write home about 10 game stretches like that, but those of us in reality know it's been a struggle.

How about you check out my posts in the blue jays and red sox threads, dope...and see I have been following my team.

I'll accept your apology in the morning...am sure your mom is calling you to bed.
  • Options
    LMAO...you are an absolute joke pal. A a Yankee fan I write home about success like 4-6 ?? This coming from a fan of a team under .500 who has never won a THING !!! And an apology ? You are joking right ? You spend 3 seconds in various threads pumping up "king" Felix and 700 posts in other threads talking about the Yankees. I swear its too easy, and just like magic. All you need do is put your fingers to the keyboard and every time they touch pure gold comes flowing onto the page.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Yes, many have said my insights into sports are golden, glad I could enlighten you.

Maybe someday you'll look back and say 'damn, I probably shouldn't have booed Arod...he just hit his 800th HR'.

• Options

<< <i>Yes, many have said my insights into sports are golden, glad I could enlighten you.

Maybe someday you'll look back and say 'damn, I probably shouldn't have booed Arod...he just hit his 800th HR'. >>

Many have said your insights into sports are golden ?? Who ? Name one person please. One REAL person who isnt a member of your immediate family. LOL that is the best thing I have heard on these boards in weeks !

Maybe one day you will look back and say, Gee, winning really is more important than personal achievements.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>
    Maybe one day you will look back and say, Gee, winning really is more important than personal achievements. >>

So you think that Arod doesn't have a ring because of something he's done, or perhaps he just hasn't been on the right team? Kind of like the opposite of Jeter? Jeter was fortunate to be on those teams that won 4 world series. Do you honestly think that, if you put Jeter in the places Arod's been, that he'd have 4 rings now?

Also, why doesn't Jeter get any grief for no world series wins the last 5 years, but Arod gets it for the past few years coming up short? Where's the equity in that?

Lame.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Maybe one day you will look back and say, Gee, winning really is more important than personal achievements. >>

So you think that Arod doesn't have a ring because of something he's done, or perhaps he just hasn't been on the right team? Kind of like the opposite of Jeter? Jeter was fortunate to be on those teams that won 4 world series. Do you honestly think that, if you put Jeter in the places Arod's been, that he'd have 4 rings now?

Also, why doesn't Jeter get any grief for no world series wins the last 5 years, but Arod gets it for the past few years coming up short? Where's the equity in that?

Lame. >>

It has nothing to do with what Arod did or didnt do. I said it wasnt his fault they didnt win, but you had to change directions and SPIN SPIN SPIN.

WHERE ARE all the people you claimed that have told you about your golden insight ? WHERE are they ? You were asked to name one that wasnt in your family, and you changed direction.....I will wait and continue to ask until you can provide ONE real person.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axtell says ----

<< <i>Yes, many have said my insights into sports are golden, glad I could enlighten you.

>>

Brian says -----

<< <i>WHERE ARE all the people you claimed that have told you about your golden insight ? WHERE are they ? You were asked to name one that wasnt in your family, and you changed direction.....I will wait and continue to ask until you can provide ONE real person. >>

bri, whatever you do ...... DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH !!!!!

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    It was probably more a situation where they told him his insights were like a bowl of pi$$, but he took it the wrong way.
    -- Yogi Berra