Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Essay from 2006.....redux!. My say on $10 "INDIAN" Gold.

13»

Comments

• Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Rob.

Now let's get to Todd Heritage. If you have the balls to try to sell me coins and kick the crap out of me, I'm game. Morton's? We'll use those big damp-handled knives. Just make sure your estate is drawn up. Greg would probably handle it for you.

Boy...what happened to Todd Pinnacle? I think he's at a Heritage boot camp be de-programmed. image

I still love you Todd.image
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But this isn't a PC issue any more than the Nazis were. It's a matter of history.

i think it's actually a bit of both. what was done in America to Native Americans had to do with an idea which was almost dead, Manifest Destiny, widely accepted as a legitimate reason for persecution of native inhabitants, the perceived right of the haves to do whatever they wanted to do to the have nots. i assume that if the American frontier and the world were large enough the persecution would still be continuing today. after the country was tamed, social conscience had it's time and Hitler arrived having missed the boat by about half a century. i shudder to think what a maniac like him may have accomplished at the end of the 19th Century.

what's always intrigued me is how America seemed to look past the "Indians" as it wrestled with the "Africans" during the 1960's. what would the Black Panthers have done if there had been a Government Office called The Bureau of Negro Affairs???
  • Options
    GOLDGUYGOLDGUY Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Boy...what happened to Todd Pinnacle?

He's gone forever! No more Mr. Nice Guy! image
    Todd L. Imhof
    Partner / Executive VP
    Heritage Auctions
  • Options
    You said it...not ME. image

When did this happen...sometime after Friday night? image
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, we all have our little idiosyncracies and what not, and I thank you for sharing yours here.

This is just the tip of the iceburg. He shares all the others in the Open Forum. image
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    Keets--that's an interesting perspective. Some African American activists would argue that real "Bureau of African Affairs" was called the F.B.I under J.Edgar Hoover in the 1940's thru 60's. image
    morgannut2
  • Options
    GOLDGUYGOLDGUY Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Its your fault, Jay. You sat me at a table with a couple of the meanest guys in the business. I mean, we all know Duckor and Mincy SEEM nice. But clearly, they're cuniving and downright mean.
    I watched how Duckor strong-armed everyone in the auction room to pay too much and then I watched Lloyd ruin a couple's romantic dinner by overtly flirting with the young woman.
    I've simply grown tired of being polite. I "wannabe" a mean-guy for a while -- at least for another week.

Todd L. Imhof
    Partner / Executive VP
    Heritage Auctions
  • Options
    man...Hawaii sounds really boring. You should go the the Mauii market and see what kind of bud they have. image
  • Options
    lloydmincylloydmincy Posts: 1,861
    <<I watched Lloyd ruin a couple's romantic dinner by overtly flirting with the young woman.>>

Romantic??!!! They looked like a cobra and a mongoose dining out. Besides, she just looked.... sad.

I had Jay sitting to my right. If I made eye contact with her, the back of my head was conveniently facing Jay. That way I didn't have to listen to him!!! image
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options
    Say it don't spray it, Mincy. Every time you opened your mouth spittle would spray me. That's disgusting.

ANYWAY....That was one angry couple!! Man...if looks could kill! Did they ever actually eat?
  • Options
    jpkinlajpkinla Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    Jay,

How the heck can you remember anything? You were so loud and sloshed I thought they were gonna kick us out!

Boy that chocolate souffle was good!

• Options
    WAKE UP!!

It's been 4 loooong years...image
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    imageimageimage

• Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    4 years is a long time to be in the denial stage. Let us hope that you proceed quickly through this process. We are here for you, ready to offer support.

Eagle.EagleEagleEagleEagleEagleEagleEagle.
  • Options
    Are you a stutterer? image
  • Options
    DID I STUTTER?

I did not think so.

(ready to offer our 'support')
  • Options
    I still don't know anything about Gold after revisiting this Thread. However, I did learn a point or 2 about TR. so it was interesting. I don't have an opinion on the mental state of any particular individual. I also enjoyed the use of the word"spittle". Don't see that everyday.

With Enjoyment For The Thread, John Curlis
  • Options
    IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975
    I still don't know anything about Gold after revisiting this Thread. However, I did learn a point or 2 about TR. so it was interesting. I don't have an opinion on the mental state of any particular individual. I also enjoyed the use of the word"spittle". Don't see that everyday.

Another good word is "presentism," a fine example of which is found in the OP, and which has no place in either sound historical analysis or coin collecting.
  • Options
    IGWT, yes sir, that is good too, but is it topped by "stutterer"?( I didn't start this- don't yell at me:nervousimage. With Respect for unusual words, not seen every day:John Curlis
  • Options
    The zeitgeist has not changed much in 4 years.

I hope this thread does not problematize itself.

We may be obfuscating our meaning with fancy words and we should strive to eschew such behavior.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Incredibly dumb, but, to each their own.
  • Options
    That comment could be interpreted as describing a muttering herisiarch. Respectfully, John Curlis
  • Options

<< <i>Incredibly dumb, but, to each their own. >>

If it's "to each their own" where do you come up with "incredibly dumb?

I'd like to have you ealborate as I did as to why it's dumb. At least I have the perspective to make philosophic cases that are academically oriented instead of just making incredibly dumb statements.

Nice try...you almost made me change my mind. image
  • Options
    That's simple -- it's 'cause I'm right, an' yer wrong. image
  • Options
    saintguru, in all fairness, the post may have been directed at my useless posts and this would make the observation somewhat correct, in that I was duped into continuing by others. However, I do think that "original is best" and that I, alas, fell short when compared to the topic of your OP. With Respect(don't yell at me-he did it), John Curlis
  • Options
    Nah, charley, not directed at you -- I'm just being annoying. While I can see and understand stg's point, I don't happen to agree with it, or place as much significance on the slight as seen by him. But, that is me. image
  • Options
    Oh, Thank You! This means I am not going to get yelled at! I am very happy!imageRespectfully, John Curlis
  • Options
    Why don't you two get a room? image
  • Options
    That was uncalled for, considering I didn't allude to your particular unusual peculiarties as others, less charitable than I, did.

What happened to academic perspective?

Incredibly dumb. image

With Respect, John Curlis
  • Options
    [deleted because I cannot determine what I wrote that has to do with coins]

• Options
    Oh, Oh. Somebody else is going to get yelled at and receive disparaging commentary. Good. That keeps him away from me.Thanks for volunteering.image Respectfully, John Curlis
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    Of course you would show up. Not that you want to cause trouble or anything....imageRespectfully, John Curlis
  • Options

<< <i>That was uncalled for, considering I didn't allude to your particular unusual peculiarties as others, less charitable than I, did.

What happened to academic perspective?

Incredibly dumb. image

With Respect, John Curlis >>

John...you're starting to crack. It was only a matter of time. Sadistically Sincere, Sainty image
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Of course you would show up. Not that you want to cause trouble or anything....imageRespectfully, John Curlis >>

Sainty's in rare form today... I've just been lurking as I'm not really sure how to comment to any of it image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    I'm feeling good. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file