Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Auto's TTM Collection

As some know I have been using the 2005 Topps AA retired set to get some auto's through the mail. I have also sent in some other cards in the hope I could get some other auto's. Just got these in today. The coolest one is the Emerson Boozer who actually took the time to write me a note back!

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Thats too cool! I love the part when he says he kept the shapie.

Matt
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Fake

j/k - Nice cards - the note is a trip!
  • Options

<< <i>Fake >>

You must have me confused with Upper Deck! image
  • Options
    So, you gonna send Mr. Boozer a bill for the sharpie? image

Those are really cool! I do beleive this is something I'm going to have to start doing.
    << image >>
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Why the heck would he keep the sharpie? Maybe he holds it at night and thinks of the only guy to send him fan mail in weeks? lol j/k
  • Options

<< <i>So, you gonna send Mr. Boozer a bill for the sharpie? >>

I may have to as only Dan Fouts, Jim McMahon and Gail Goodrich have returned them. The Fouts was cool because it looked like he was chewing on the end of it! image
    But to me it's worth the 50 cents if the auto looks good.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Brian!

The Boozer is cool! And he kept the sharpie!!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    It really is addictive and exciting to see what I will get back. Plus on the return mailer I only put my address so it's like opening up a pack of cards. You never know which one is going to be in there.
  • Options
    How do you get there address? anyhelp thanks.
  • Options
    sportscollectors.net is the site I'm signed up on. It's $15.00 a year and it's well worth it.
    If you need any addresses let me know and I can help you out.
  • Options
    That Lucas is awesome! I love the 77's, I'm working on the 77 Baseball set and plan to do basketball and football as well.

I sent to Grich over the summer, seems like I'm one of the few unlucky ones not to hear back. I guess I'll try again.

I received Dwight White back today, he signed my 05 Topps FF and included a signed B&W 8x10! Great guy.
  • Options
    Try this address

31 Madison Lane
    Coto De Gaza, CA. 32679
  • Options
    So do you put I note in there saying could you please sign this? What do you say?

Matt
  • Options
    Just a basic note with my name and where I'm from. Ask them if they could sign and that I also understand that if they are busy and can't.
    Also wish them and their family a happy 2006 and sign off.
  • Options
    Thanks, Thats pretty cool. Can you hook me up with Aikman, Irvin and Emmit Smith's address? I would like to give it a shot.

Matt
  • Options
    Aikman is known to send autopen photos so no guarantee he will sign what you send
    Irvin wants $25.00 per auto
    Don't have one for Emmitt at this time.
    Three tough ones!

Aikman Enterprises
    612 Crown Colony Dr.
    Arlington, TX. 76006

Michael Irvin
    1280 S. Main St.
    Suite 103
    Grapevine, TX. 76051
  • Options

<< <i>Aikman is known to send autopen photos so no guarantee he will sign what you send
    Irvin wants $25.00 per auto
    Don't have one for Emmitt at this time.
    Three tough ones!

Aikman Enterprises
    612 Crown Colony Dr.
    Arlington, TX. 76006

Michael Irvin
    1280 S. Main St.
    Suite 103
    Grapevine, TX. 76051 >>

Hey Thanks alot! Does Irvin accept food stamps? If he steals my money I am going to tell him "I know where you live so you better sign it" image

thanks again

Matt
  • Options
    He says the money goes to charity but people can't find out any info about it.
    Must be on the pipe again!
    Let's see $25.00 for him or $20.00 for a Bart Starr or Paul Hornung. No contest for me.
  • Options

<< <i>He says the money goes to charity but people can't find out any info about it.
    Must be on the pipe again! >>

I sure hope not. He's got a good thing going on espn, I hope he doesnt mess it up.

matt
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian

Very nice Starr card - did you ask for it personalized? I actually like that - was this thru the mail?

I think it's great to get these back from greats like Bart!

BTW, I didn't get to say this before but the Goose card/auto is one of the best I've seen.

I have an Art Howe but when he was older.

thanx for sharing these!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Bart was thru the mail but he does require a $20.00 donation to his charity Rawhide Boys Ranch which is a great deal for a HOF and 2x Super Bowl MVP. He added my name without me asking but I did ask him to add HOF 77.
    Had it back in my hands in 7 days.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Now, that is very cool. Nice card!

Geordie
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bart was thru the mail but he does require a $20.00 donation to his charity Rawhide Boys Ranch which is a great deal for a HOF and 2x Super Bowl MVP. He added my name without me asking but I did ask him to add HOF 77.
    Had it back in my hands in 7 days. >>

Could you PM me his address? I collect packers HOF autos and have almost all of them but Bart Starr and Curly Lambeau. I'd love to send him a goal line art and get it signed. Thanks!
  • Options
    Bart Starr
    c/o Healthcare Realty Services
    2647 Rocky Ridge Lane
    Birmingham, AL 35216
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    oops. <embarrassed> all set now, thanks!
  • Options
    Jerry is a baseball coach for UW-Milwaukee

• Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    I think I am going to get back into autographs via the mail. I got some nice ones that way.
  • Options
    It really is a lot of fun and it's very addictive! image
  • Options
  • Options

• Options

• Options
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    It's nice to see someone else who does this! I have collected by mail off and on for years. I must have a few hundred autos I've gotten for free. Whats the longest wait you've had Steve? (Cool name, mines Steve too! image ) I got Dale Earnhardt Jr. back unsigned after 2 years saying to send to another addy! Any big name successes?

I got a ton of index cards which I am thinking of turning into auto cards like I saw on another thread here.

Great auto's Steve! Keep em' comming!
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    I've just started doing this a few months ago and I have had good success so far. There are still a few from my first batch that I sent out in Januaury that have not come back but for the most part it's a week or two turnaround time. My biggest hit would be Montana(if it's legit). I will be sending that one off to PSA/DNA to be looked at.
  • Options
    those are really nice. about 15 years ago I sent a letter to campanella and he signed my card. i thought that was awesome. I should send it in to psa sometime. i remember getting musial, boudreau, snider, cousy, havlicek, heinsohn, cowens, staubach, howe, unitas..
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Your doing quite well for someone who's just started! I got Montana too, he signed his first SI cover for me and personalized it. I've heard he uses autopen, but I figure if its personalized, less chance of an autopen.

Do you send a sharpie with each request? I don't send anything other than a nice hand written letter and one card. I never send more than one, cause I only need one. I've gotten some nice auto's back, and some nice letters. I think the letters mean more to me than just the auto's.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    dunerduner Posts: 625
    I always send a fine point sharpie with my TTMs....I have an OCD issue with thick sloppy sigs on a card. But, it sure gets expensive when you're using a sharpie per signature.

Anyone have a cheap source for sharpies in bulk?
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    I do send a new sharpie for the same reason. I like a nice sharp fresh one for each auto. I do get some back but to me it's worth it either way. Here are a couple new ones from today.

• Options
    hey winters, you probably know this but winters son plays for davidson and is on tv right now.
  • Options
    Yeah I know but thanks for the heads-up! image
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey 'Winters,

Nice job on all the autos image . I love getting cards signed, either in person (if possible) or through the mail. I collect Magic: the Gathering cards and have been sending them out to be signed with quite a bit of success. The ones that come back with nice letters are the best!! Good luck with your future autos and please keep posting pics image

Take it easy,
    Jared
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.
  • Options

<< <i>I collect Magic: the Gathering cards and have been sending them out to be signed with quite a bit of success. >>

Just curious who you are sending these out to??