Home U.S. Coin Forum

New Arrival: 1918 Illinois Lincoln Comm

Been looking for quite a while for a half way descent Illinois Lincoln Comm. This ones looking pretty good to my eye.image What do my fellow Comm Collectors think? Care to guess the grade?

Sellers Photo's

My Photo's

Comments

• meos1meos1 Posts: 1,135
    That is very nice. The bust is a very nice choice of obverse design and the eagle on the reverse is well matched to Lincoln. It is hard to tell what the luster is like from the seller photos and your shots are not coming u but all in all nice Illinois! Good show ole boy, enjoy.

Dan
    I am just throwing cheese to the rats chewing on the chains of my sanity!

First Place Winner of the 2005 Rampage design contest!
  • I like it, looks all good to me.............this is only the second Illinois Comm I've seen.image

Never realized old Abes' left eye brow was so bushy..image

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    nice coin with a nice strike...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • I like it, Lee. Like the subtle blue running through the portrait.

I'm guessing it's a 64--but, I've been a little off in my image grading of late.

Congrats. One of my favorite commemoratives.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Nice Lincoln. Quite a difference in the images. Which one is more representative of the coin in hand, and should we make anything of the difference? I find the sellers image to be quite attractive showing some nice coloring. Your image shows a nice coin but it doesn't excite me quite as much. As for the grade 64/65
  • dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    You made a great choice on that one Lee! It could be a "brother" coin to my newest pick-up!!!image I'll pass on guessing the grade... why?... because I'm already privy to that information.image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    In my opinion, the Lincoln, or Illinois Commem

is one of the most beautiful in the series of Commems.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • USAROKUSAROK Posts: 887 ✭✭✭
    A very pretty Illinois/Lincoln Commem! My guess is MS64 and judging from the seller's image I'll guess it came from ANR.

USAROK
  • TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    nice.....

A coin I am developing a desire to get one of these days.....
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    image Thanks guys for all your honest assessments on this Lincoln. I bought the coin from ANR and it was in coinguy1's inventory at one time. It's a coin with nice colors and lustre for the grade. The pic's below were shot in natural sunlight:

imageimage

imageimage

• JJMJJM Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    solid coin
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37

• very nice coin;

There is, I believe, some speculation that Lincoln had acromegaly; I am not sure if that has been resolved.
    Life got you down? Listen to John Coltrane.
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Great color. I was going to say 64.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    There must be some plastic marks showing, because I was going to guess MS64. The toning does not impress me, probably looks better in hand.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • With the 200th anniversary of Lincoln's birth coming up in 2009 this is probably a good time to buy this coin!
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭
    You mean DizzyFoxx doesnt own ALL the toned Classic Commems?? image

TorinoCobra71

• BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I like it! image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You mean DizzyFoxx doesnt own ALL the toned Classic Commems?? image

TorinoCobra71 >>

Gary, I'm working on it! It's a long, painstaking, and arduous task.image ...And sort of expensive also!image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file