Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ALERT - Bad 1808 Bust Half on eBay - Seller response in thread

Comments

• Options

<< <i>I an not going anywhere.. I am going to stand my by name strong and apologize for my mistake.. I should have noted that it was sold once and the customer did not like it. I did not think it was really that important... I will make it a point to do so when I have another person who does not like a coin.. How do I put a link to my auctions in my posts? >>

Well if thats the case, Apology accepted!

Now to post a link, go to the icon that says http, click, enter the url for the link, enter the description of the link and submit!
    Easy as pie!

Zach

• Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I an not going anywhere.. I am going to stand my by name strong and apologize for my mistake.. I should have noted that it was sold once and the customer did not like it. I did not think it was really that important... I will make it a point to do so when I have another person who does not like a coin.. >>

You don't need to go as far as saying a customer bought it and returned it. You just need to make sure that you have accurate pictures or (preferably and) a description stating the problems with it.

image by the way.
  • Options
    Do I have to do that everytime I write one?
    My eBay Items
    Nick T Lemon

I love all coins...... Coins love me too

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok Russ I did not say that.. I just got a few e-mails from random people saying that to me. You can stop with 3rd party quote >>

<< <i>From what I hear about this forum it is nothing but a bunch of winers and nitwits... And I am starting to believe these people who tell me this... >>

Pretty slick parsing. Use an insult allegedly leveled by somebody else, confirm that insult by agreeing with it, and then deny culpability. Are you a liberal, by any chance? image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Do I have to do that everytime I write one? >>

No. You can put it in your sig line.
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do I have to do that everytime I write one?
    My eBay Items >>

You're fitting in just fine!!
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    I will from now on mention if coins were returned.. and I am working on the lighting for my new auctions as we speak.. I am out to make people happy.. And help people find the missing links to their collections... I am sure if you guys are willing to work with me on this one issue you will see I do carry a lot of great itemsMy eBay Auctions
    Nick T Lemon

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options
    CherwoodCherwood Posts: 1,073

<< <i>I must say that Nick at least has the balls to show up on here and post. >>

I agree with Goose.........he came here and apologized, he refunded Cladiator's money, and has taken down the auction. What more do you want?

Oh, and Nick.........a word to the wise. Russ is a meany!! image
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Do I have to do that everytime I write one? >>

No. You can put it in your sig line. >>

Yup, and if you would like to advertise something for sale use the BST (buy, sell, trade coins) forum. But beware of the BST nazis. You must only have one BST thread to sell and only one TTT per day, or they will find you and torture you!

Zach
  • Options
    Cherwood,

What are you doing in the COIN forum; something you know nothing about? You should stay in the open forum where you also know nothing, but are afforded plenty of camouflage.

Russ, NCNE

• Options
    Yeah I am trying really hard to get on Russ's good side... I am having troubles though... I think I need to send him a free coin or something....
    Nick T Lemon

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Russ........ someone has it linked on the OF. image
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sshhhhhhhh image
  • Options

<< <i>Cherwood,

What are you doing in the COIN forum; something you know nothing about? You should stay in the open forum where you also know nothing, but are afforded plenty of camouflage.

Russ, NCNE >>

Hey.........I know a little about coins. And a lot about you being a meany! image
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah I am trying really hard to get on Russ's good side... >>

You got on my "good side" as soon as you stood your ground and stuck around. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>

You got on my "good side" as soon as you stood your ground and stuck around. image

Russ, NCNE >>

And that is Russ's 40,000th post!!!

What do I win????
  • Options

<< <i>

Russ, NCNE >>

congrats on 40,000. I don't have time to cheat...I mean, post that much.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy, this thread really took a break for a few days and sure has come back with a vengence LOL
  • Options
    AH CRAP! I didn't realize it was 40K. Well, I wasted that one.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I had to wait for them to e-mail me my password!!!!

Hey Russ thank you for not killing me anymore!!!!

Nick T Lemon

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options
    Happy 40k Russ
    Nick T Lemon

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy 40k Russ >>

How about a nice 1808 bust half for a prize for Russ' accomplishment?image
  • Options
    Well I don't think I could give that one away.... I am about to throw it in the fire pit.....
    Nick T Lemon

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>AH CRAP! I didn't realize it was 40K. Well, I wasted that one. >>

Don't feel TOO badly about that Russ. I can think of at least one other you've wasted from among the other 39,999....you know the one(s) about.... well, on second thought, maybe not?image
  • Options
    image to Nick! image

Oh, and Happy 40,000 to Russ! image

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am about to throw it in the fire pit.. >>

AGAIN?
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Well I don't think I could give that one away.... I am about to throw it in the fire pit..... >>

Nick...what you really should do is save the pic of the coin that I took that is in the first post of this thread. Shrink it to a suitable size and upload it as your user icon on the 15th of the month! That would be friggin' classic!!!
  • Options
    Thank you Cherwood....

I actually went into the Yahoo chat rooms and tried to find one for coins... But then I gave up.. Now I found a place.. I am very happy about this.. This bad coin turned out to be a very good thing to me.....
    Nick T Lemon

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options
    I am going to do that!!!

My introductory coin to this forum..
    Nick T Lemon

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I saved the image as "1808_busted_half"

So what should I sell this coin for?? I paid $100 for it..... It is very clear I am going to be eating it big time on it
    Nick T Lemon

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>I am going to do that!!!

My introductory coin to this forum.. >>

Every 15th the forum admins allow us to upload pics that we can use as our author icons. I believe the photo has to be less than 10KB and smaller than 100pixels X 100pixels, you can do this in Photoshop but if you don't have that let me know and I'll do it for you. Until the 15th your stuck with the stuff that's already out there.
  • Options

<< <i>I saved the image as "1808_busted_half"

So what should I sell this coin for?? I paid $100 for it..... It is very clear I am going to be eating it big time on it >>

Send it to ICG and then make some money when you sell an 1808 half dollar in MS63 LOL <----- (hey does that count as a cam slam? image )
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the coin but if it looks anything like the pic that cladiator posted........and you didn't disclose the AT(among other problems)...your coin knowledge is worse than mine.
    AND THAT IS PRETTY BAD.image
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    Why do I have to wait until the 15th of the month to uploda the picture???

As for future pictures... I currently use a nice digital camera to take the pictures..... I am having troubles with the lighting.. I went to a camera shop and he told me it was the setting on the camera... I had the brightness set to Auto when I should have it on tngusten or something like that.. Anyone else have any pointers on how to take great pictures fast and in bulk... I am trying to push 500 plus auctions a week and I want to make sure I do it all as perfect as possible....
    Nick T Lemon

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't seen the coin but if it looks anything like the pic that cladiator posted........and you didn't disclose the AT(among other problems)...your coin knowledge is worse than mine.
    AND THAT IS PRETTY BAD.image >>

I can tell you that the top pic in this thread I took when I had the coin in hand and it is a 100% accurate representation of the coin. If anyone has any missgivings as to my numismatic photography skills then, well, they just don't know me image
  • Options

<< <i>Why do I have to wait until the 15th of the month to uploda the picture??? >>

I don't honestly know why they only do it 1 day a month but that's the way it is image
  • Options
    I am relatively new to selling coins... I have been around them all my life though... It is my dad who is the guru in this stuff.. I do have a lot to learn.. I am probably one of the youngest people in this crowd... I was notified by more than local coin dealers that the coin was natural tone not artificial... But I am going to just disagree with all of them and go with what I learn from here.... I never even asked my dad that one... for the record I am 25 years old.. I am not that young
    Nick T Lemon

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options
    I just want to know how you took that picture so I can do it myself.... That is what I need the help with the most...
    Nick T Lemon

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>I am relatively new to selling coins... I have been around them all my life though... It is my dad who is the guru in this stuff.. I do have a lot to learn.. I am probably one of the youngest people in this crowd... I was notified by more than local coin dealers that the coin was natural tone not artificial... But I am going to just disagree with all of them and go with what I learn from here.... I never even asked my dad that one... for the record I am 25 years old.. I am not that young >>

I am also 25. I would say however not to trust everything here. This place is a guide for knowledge but believe it or no we do get things wrong sometimes!

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you happen to go to BYU?
    Have a nice day
  • Options

<< <i>I just want to know how you took that picture so I can do it myself.... That is what I need the help with the most... >>

And you have indeed come to the right place! There are several threads about taking pictures around here. Do a search for this and see what you find. This forum is one of the best places for knowledge for coins and photography!

Here is a helpful link that I liked!

Zach
  • Options
    sorry wrong button

+1
  • Options
    Ive got you beat by 9 years. I'm 16. There are some even younger than me.
  • Options

<< <i>I saved the image as "1808_busted_half"

So what should I sell this coin for?? I paid $100 for it..... It is very clear I am going to be eating it big time on it >>

Don't sell the coin at all. Stick it in your pocket as a momento of the day you joined the Best of the Best on the PCGS forums. Just think, the next screwball selling on eBay you can have first shot at!!! You're about the 3rd this week and it's only Monday.

Jerry
  • Options
    Nick,

Since I'm a wonderful human being I'm going to offer up some guidance on how to sell a piece of crap. Here's a Bust Half I sold a while back:

And, here's the auction description:

Uh, well, yeah somebody scrubbed this puppy pretty good years ago. I think they must have stuck it in the album while it was still wet from the cleaning because it sure grew some funky colors! If weird is your thing, you'll LOVE this coin.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    zk is right on about the pics. You can search these forums for photo related threads and in no time you'll be taking accurate photos. There are MANY techniques you can use. I'd be interested in which dealers told you that the coin was NT (naturally toned)....were they the people that sold you the coin perhaps???
  • Options
    They were not the people who sold me the coin.. I get all my coins from my fathers vaults... he is selling them all off.. He used to be a pretty heavy coin dealer in his time... Now I am stepping into hsi shoes... But when it comes to a question like that I would have been slapped before he answered me... So I went elsewhere.. I am supposed to know that if you get what I mean...
    Nick T Lemon

My eBay Auctions

My Yahoo Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>I am supposed to know that if you get what I mean... >>

Well, now you do image

ps. We're not all old fodgers like russ image

<--30

• Options