Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Old Retired Guy New To The Boards Says Hello

Hello!! Have been lurking out there for months learning from these boards. Finally found a question that I really wanted to answer about Mr. I. Kleinman out of New York. Could not resist trying to help. Anyway, I am a 58 year old, just retired dentist from the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I have been collecting off and on now for some 50 years. Started with 3 Japanese coins my dad gave me from the war when I was 8. Have collected a little of almost everything at one time or another but I especially have enjoyed collecting CC20 dollar gold [years ago] and am currently working on some nice Walkers. I hope to help whenever I can. I enjoy the young folks especially. Will always try to be respectful of others here and do my best to give more than I take away. Thanks. Bob [supertooth]
Bob

Comments

• Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    Hi Bob.image
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685
    Welcome to the forums Bob. image
    Wayne
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob,
    Welcome! Perhaps we can meet at the next Baltimore Show!
    Mike
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    image I'm looking forward to your picsimage I'm especially looking forward to seeing the Japanese coins, but any will doimage We love pics!!
    Becky
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Welcome and you'll be extremely happy your not lurking anymore! Happy collecting!
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem stragely familiar...image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭
    image To The Forums!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard!
    Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    Thanks already for the nice welcome. One of the reasons why I have lurked for soooo long was not my fear of a good conversation but I am terrible with this computer. Without my wife and kids, I would be lost. So my picture ability is not very good. I am even scared of the icons. Am afraid that I would mess up the post in some way. I know that I will get better with time and, in the meantime, I will do my best. As my free time will be better now, maybe my wife and I can learn the art of digital picture taking. As for now, I will help whenever I can----if I think that my knowledge is worthy. Again, THANKS for the warm welcome. Bob [supertooth]
    Bob
  • Options
    image Bob
    Michael
  • Options

<< <i>image Bob >>

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    bennybravobennybravo Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Welcome.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Hey Bob

I'm just east of the Mason-Dixon line from you. Always been impressed with the eastern shore, seems like such a nice place.

<< <i>just retired dentist >>

So how's retired life treating you? Got enough to keep you busy? I've been off on vacation all last week ( did nothing ) and I'm ready to go back to work tonight ( 3rd shift Chrysler Plant - Newark DE ) . I get so tired of going to work all the time but I do miss it a little when I'm doing nothing. Guess I should have actually gone somewhere - like New Hampshire!

Enjoy yourself,

Bob from Delaware
  • Options
    zeus135zeus135 Posts: 1,043
    Welcome aboard! I love the Eastern Shore area of Maryland, I go there from time to time.

Good to have you with us!
    My humble '63 mint registry set, not much, but it's mine!
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    a young pup like me says hello back at yea.

i like half eagles.
  • Options
    Welcome and is that the Hanson buck as your icon?image
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Doc!

and..ummm...I've got this problem with No.6.......
  • Options
    Welcome Bob,,,,,,,,,,
    Collector Of Indian Cents!
    Fly-In Club
    My PCGS Registry Sets
  • Options
    Nice too meet you mate.....

When your tired of these old farts, why not mosey along to the Open Forum..where we have a good laugh
  • Options
    Thanks to all of you again for the welcome. To Bob from Delaware----never been more relaxed in my life than at this moment. Oh sure, nobody is without problems, but I have managed to almost get rid of the "stress" and "responsibilities" of a 30+ year dental practice. Am now out of debt for the first time since I graduated from dental school in 1973. I can now play with my coins and enjoy the quiet of my woods----no people anywhere around me. Now, if only I can get better with this computer and learn to take some decent pictures. I am so slow to learn these things. My kids just laugh at me. But I hope to offer some decent advice on these boards and hope to continue to learn from all of you. I may be inept computer-wise but I will try to get better. Bob [supertooth] P.S. I type with one finger too. It is just such a shame to have had such a "narrow" education.
    Bob
  • Options
    Supertooth, Welcome to the boards from another retired old guy. I hooked me a Maryland gal 26 years ago and we spend a few weeks each year in Md., especially Ocean City. Glad to see you on board.image
    Gary
  • Options
    KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

It's good to see you here!

KJ

• Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>Thanks to all of you again for the welcome. To Bob from Delaware----never been more relaxed in my life than at this moment. Oh sure, nobody is without problems, but I have managed to almost get rid of the "stress" and "responsibilities" of a 30+ year dental practice. Am now out of debt for the first time since I graduated from dental school in 1973. I can now play with my coins and enjoy the quiet of my woods----no people anywhere around me. Now, if only I can get better with this computer and learn to take some decent pictures. I am so slow to learn these things. My kids just laugh at me. But I hope to offer some decent advice on these boards and hope to continue to learn from all of you. I may be inept computer-wise but I will try to get better. Bob [supertooth] P.S. I type with one finger too. It is just such a shame to have had such a "narrow" education. >>

It's OK, Bob. I type with 2 fingers.image
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    image Bob !!!!!

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Welcome, Bob!
  • Options
    ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    Welcome to the forums!image I`m a two finger typer on a good day.image
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    image Good to see a new face...Mike
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Bob image

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Bob.Did you ever say oops when pulling a toothimage

Al
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    welcome. Glad to have you.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh oh...an eastern shore guy...didnt know they computers on that side..image

In all seriousness, welcome. Lots of knowledge here.

John
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supertooth: Welcome! Collecting coins is a nice retirement hobby.

Hmmm, I am 6 years behind you.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Mmmmmmm, retirement.

I get to retire in 22 years.image

I hope that you learn how to image some of those $20 CCs.image
  • Options

Welcome to the forum Bob!
  • Options
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    From one old far* to another----welcome Bob. There's a great deal of valuable info available on this forum. and many really helpful people.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Hi Bob, welcome
  • Options
    1946Hamm1946Hamm Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Bob. I have a year on you and am also retired. Hope you are enjoying it as much as I am.
    Have a good day, Gary
  • Options
    richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288
    Welcome aboard! image
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    image Neat forum name, and don't worry, practice makes,,, well you know.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file