Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1879cc gsa coa needed

Comments

• Options
    777777 Posts: 1,056
    RYK Yes this listing is the one, his name is kem foley in georgia old lost mountain rd powder springs, GA I just stopped payment on the check I sent, I learned a valueable lesson today, Im sorry for treating you like I did, if it werent for this group/forum my check would have cleared this afternoon Best Regards; Harold
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

I was kidding about it being a hijacked account.

Just kidding!

Wait! Am I kidding now, or was I kidding then?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    Harold,

I am VERY glad that you got the chance to stop payment! We do all like to have fun, but it isn't
    fun when some one gets scammed out of $5K......no matter how grouchy the guy seems!image

No matter how much you think you know about coins and auctions,.....you can ALWAYS learn more
    from the people here.

That was one heck of an entrance into the Forum!

Have A Great Day!
    Brian
  • Options
    Russ I certainly am a Dip**** I went to my bank and stopped the payment, it was due to clear this afternoon I owe you BIGTIME I cannot thankyou enough Im sorry for being a jerk and saying things I didnt mean
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think you're silly.

Still poking at the embers, eh Thiggy? My work is done here.™

Russ, while I agree there are things that are suspicious about this ebay listing, how can you be so certain that it is hijacked?
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭

<< <i>I still think you're silly.

Still poking at the embers, eh Thiggy? My work is done here.™

Russ, while I agree there are things that are suspicious about this ebay listing, how can you be so certain that it is hijacked? >>

I think you're silly too, RYK. Silly like a schoolgirl.
  • Options
    zeus135zeus135 Posts: 1,043
    Whew, this is better entertainment than watching a movie.

Harold, it sounds like you were saved some serious money. I think it's only fair that you have a coin giveaway to show your sincere appreciation.
    My humble '63 mint registry set, not much, but it's mine!
  • Options
    DJCDJC Posts: 787
    Point made, move it along, nothing to see here (but it was entertaining while it lasted, eh? imageimage )
  • Options
    RYK You stated you were a doctor, well what can you prescribe to me? I feel like a jerk/ and a Idiot Im sorry for saying all those ignorant things I definitely did not mean them Best Regards; Harold
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    777, where'd you say your shop was located? Utica, Ill. on Main St.?

You're the Man, Harold.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    Point made, move it along, nothing to see here (but it was entertaining while it lasted, eh? imageimage )
  • Options
    Russ Does not matter if you were kidding, I know you were not, I would rather have $5k than a $6500 coin thats never coming Harold
  • Options
    Harold, don't sweat it. The degree of suspicion that I had for you, as a newcomer to this forum offering an expensive coin, is the same level of suspicion that you should have when you are shopping for expensive coins on ebay.

Thiggy, sticks and stones...
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭

<< <i>Harold, don't sweat it. The degree of suspicion that I had for you, as a newcomer to this forum offering an expensive coin, is the same level of suspicion that you should have when you are shopping for expensive coins on ebay.

Thiggy, sticks and stones... >>

I prefer lead pipes and bullets. image
  • Options
    Gandyjai Yes it is, I feel like a jerk Im sorry for saying the things I said, I feel like a jerk I learned very much today Best Regards; Harold
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207

<< <i>777, where'd you say your shop was located? Utica, Ill. on Main St.?

You're the Man, Harold. >>

Mapquest does not list a West Main Street or Main Street in Utica? Hmmmmm image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bochiman mind your own business mastercollector? or masterbater >>

So, tell me, do you pay the 5 year old kid who writes your comebacks in lollipops or comicbooks?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    TUMUSS, Our main st in Utica in Mill st Harold
  • Options
    Bochiman Would rather you do not hold a grudge, I didnt mean the things I said, I can offer only my apology Harold
  • Options

<< <i>Russ, while I agree there are things that are suspicious about this ebay listing, how can you be so certain that it is hijacked? >>

Low feedback 100% positive accounts are regular targets of hijackers. Only feedback for a coin sale was very recent after an extended period of dormancy. That feedback is from another low feedback account that also has been dormant; likely also hijacked as part of the setup. The image from that auction was obviously shot by a different person than the one in this auction. Add to this the fact that the seller does not accept PayPal.

No doubt in my mind this was a hijack.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    streeter, I am sorry for the things I said I shouldnt have been acting like a little kid, Harold
  • Options
    Wow, Russ! You did a good deed today. image
  • Options
    Russ I cannot thankyou enough; Ive been buying coins for a long time from everywhere, you saved me $5k the check would have cleared by this afternoon, theres no santa claus in the coin business, I cannot thankyou enough Harold
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, Russ! You did a good deed today. >>

Good. Now I can go back to being an asshole.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    This turned out to be the "feel good thread" of the hour. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    RYK said "Wow, Russ! You did a good deed today. " Accidents happen. Dont go spoiling a reputation that has taken Russ years to build. imageimage
    Russ is the best.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Russ...A good Deed?

man.. you're making him blush.

I would still be interested in a bank clearinghouse # for that location of RYK's anatomy.image

Edit: before I forget...777....no harm no foul. No problems Mate.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    I forgot to say Welcome to the boards 777image

I am sorry you got beat up like that.

You gotta love this place where one minute you get bet up and the next, . . . (well- you get beat up again)

May all your footsteps be guided.

so - uh anyone interested in my coin? No.. Anyone? Last Chance.

imageimage
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who know binary and those who don't.
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow, a lot can happen overnight. Hijacked account -- that's more or less what I was insinuating that the seller -- the ebay seller, I mean -- didn't have the coin.

Harold, I'm glad you'll make it out of this one.
    mirabela
  • Options
    Yeah, where'd you disappear too anyway, Mirabela? You helped start this little party. imageimage
  • Options
    wow this thread took a different turn from last night, definitely not as interesting after Russ did his good deed for the day. I maybe shoulda posted about the hijacked account last night too, that was my first thought when looking at the auction, seller, previous auctions & feedback, I was 99.9% sure hijacked, but... I'm an ASSSSSSSSSSSSS and wouldn't have minded seeing a petty little wannabe get stiffed. That and, I've been wrong before about bogus sellers/auctions, so I don't like to tell others they may be experiencing problems, for fear of hosing over a real seller.

Why you so nice Russ?

btw 777, it's turban head.
    Varieties are the spice of a Type Set.

Need more $$$ for coins?
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bochiman Would rather you do not hold a grudge, I didnt mean the things I said, I can offer only my apology Harold >>

That's cool. It takes a big man to own up to things and I respect you for it.
    Good luck and drive on with the coins image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow, Russ! You did a good deed today. >>

Good. Now I can go back to being an asshole.

Russ, NCNE >>

Thats the Russel we all know and love... image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Well I hope Russ is right, but this seller did sell a $1300 POS this month. He's hasn't been active but he did get a postive on a expensive bullion coin.
  • Options

<< <i>He's hasn't been active but he did get a postive on a expensive bullion coin. >>

again though, like Russ pointed out, he got a positive from an eBayer who hasn't been active for a while and very likely is also a highjacked account to give the highjacked sellers account some credibility for the gullible.
    Varieties are the spice of a Type Set.

Need more $$$ for coins?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>He's hasn't been active but he did get a postive on a expensive bullion coin. >>

again though, like Russ pointed out, he got a positive from an eBayer who hasn't been active for a while and very likely is also a highjacked account to give the highjacked sellers account some credibility for the gullible. >>

All I'm saying is you can request contact info for the seller and call them. If you can call them it's not high jacked IMO. Not everyone uses Ebay everyday or year but their are high jacked accounts and you have to lookout for them. The no Paypal or credit card to protect myself would disqualify this auction for me.
  • Options
    Wekar, maybe you would have loved seeing me get stiffed for $5000 I never have stiffed anyone out of 1c in any coin deals Sure I said some Ignorant things, that I cannot take back, That is incredibly WRONG of you to say that, always remember WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND Harold
  • Options
    Mr Dan ThankYou very much..........
  • Options
    Bochiman, Thankyou....... [mirabela] thankyou too $5k is alot to lose
  • Options
    ttown Turns out russ is definitely right on this one, corkko 25 [kem foley] will not return emails and does not live or exist at the address of 3340 old lost mountain rd. powder springs,GA he gave me......
  • Options
    Congrats on saving yourself $5k, you came off as a jerk but redeemed yourself at the end. I hope you do a lot of deep thinking in dealing with others and one's pride. Best of Luck.

Now what is the saying?

Treat others as you'd like to be treated

OR

Do onto other before they do onto you!

I hope the former prevails.......................
  • Options
    This thread reminds my of old Bootleg, God help his sole..

hmmmmm......I wonder???? imageimage
  • Options
    We all learned something valuable in this thread. All's well that ends well.

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this thread for real? Did Russ ruin a perfectly good comedy show? Curses!

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    RYK: 300 is a good number......