Home Sports Talk
Options

Everyone drinking Tiger Kool Aid Again?

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>

If you believe my statement about often wrong is incorrect - for that I apologize - maybe I'm over stating my point - JUST LIKE YOU DID WHEN YOU INDICTED A WHOLE GROUP OF PEOPLE BY REFERRING TO THEIR LIVES AS DREARY - like I'm some dumb schmuck and can't read between the lines about your attitude.
    >>

So because I called golf played by rich, white men with dreary lives you think all I indicted a whole group of people?

Are you really that sensitive?

And what about my attitude offends you so much? Is it because I express my opinion so forcefully? That I don't like to lose a debate? That I don't back down at the first sign of opposition?

I have always been this way...I am not here, as you say, 'score points' or 'look good'. I enjoy a spirited debate as much as the next guy, if I can learn something of value or worth then I feel it's been a worthwhile effort.

But for you to sit there in judgement of me? Poor form.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

<<It's become obvious to me - and this is an OPINION - that you are not here to enjoy your time but to be a petulent child with an attitude>>

Yes, indeedy.
  • Options

<< <i><<It's become obvious to me - and this is an OPINION - that you are not here to enjoy your time but to be a petulent child with an attitude>>

Yes, indeedy. >>

Adding lots to the debate Spammy, as usual!

Keep em coming.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But for you to sit there in judgement of me? Poor form. >>

Don't judge others and you won't be assessed.

First, I was not trying to judge you as a person - I'm talking about your attitude and behaviour.

You know what I'm talking about and I can read between the lines. If this were just a spirited debate, I wouldn't be still here talking to you.

If you think I'm attacking you just for the "sport" of it - I apologize.

I just get annoyed when people make value statements about another group - and statistically, I don't and I'm confident you don't know how many people of the middle class play golf and how many are other than white.

If you don't think there's some serious attitude in that statement - we're lost.

I don't expect you to run - why? I'm not that kind of person. Hell, how often do you see me in a discussion fo this kind?

I don't back down either - declare this a statemate - the discussion about sports was good.

If I have overstated your attitude - again, I apologize. But I have a feeling you have some people here who will not let you off the hook that easy.

I have stayed too long on this.
    I apologize for the strong words - and I'm not hyper-sensitive - usually - but don't expect people to just accept some of the logic you have been spewing as opinion.

I think you know better. As do I.
    Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    yeah...what Mike said MF...
    Good for you.
  • Options
    It seems like I'm a little late to the party.

I've never played golf, but I frequently target shoot with my bow. Is archery a sport? They both have similar traits imo - upper body strength and extremely good hand to high coordination are needed.

BTW, I finally beat Tiger Woods last week in TW2005 on Xbox image

Brian
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I have always been this way...

too bad man ... life is short
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the next day and I'm seeing a new day.

I apologize to the board for my outburst and to Ax in a sense that I didnt' need to be so vocal.

I do enjoy debating, as do those who like talking about sports.

I do understand that, for some, a sport has to demonstrate more physical activity to be validated.

You guys have a nice day.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>It seems like I'm a little late to the party.

I've never played golf, but I frequently target shoot with my bow. Is archery a sport? They both have similar traits imo - upper body strength and extremely good hand to high coordination are needed.

BTW, I finally beat Tiger Woods last week in TW2005 on Xbox image

Brian >>

This is kind of what I meant - golf, archery, whatever - not "sports" in the traditional sense, but I am not discounting the ability needed to play them. But, we have beat this to death (I missed a lot of yesterday's posts til now), and it's perhaps best to agree to disagree.

Mike got riled up! This cannot happen again! image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Golf is a sport... Sam Snead, Ben Hogan, Byron Nelson, Gary Player, Arnold Palmer and Jack, among others are athletes and you may not like it, but they are, and just to make your day, I guess I need to REMIND YOU THAT ARNOLD PALMER WAS NAMED ATHLETE OF THE DECADE BY SPORTS ILLUSTRATED FOR THE 1960'S.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>Golf is a sport... Sam Snead, Ben Hogan, Byron Nelson, Gary Player, Arnold Palmer and Jack, among others are athletes and you may not like it, but they are, and just to make your day, I guess I need to REMIND YOU THAT ARNOLD PALMER WAS NAMED ATHLETE OF THE DECADE BY SPORTS ILLUSTRATED FOR THE 1960'S. >>

As I posted in the other thread.

There's a VAST difference between 'athlete' and 'sport'.

• Options
    What Axtell said: Golf is a sport? So golfers are athletes? Uhm, when someone like John Daly can participate and do well, it's NOT a sport.

what he spins now...As I posted in the other thread.

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>What Axtell said: Golf is a sport? So golfers are athletes? Uhm, when someone like John Daly can participate and do well, it's NOT a sport.

what he spins now...As I posted in the other thread.

>>

Man what is your problem? Do you need your teeth kicked in to quit this garbage?

Show me where I posted that NO golfers were athletes.

• Options
    in your tiger kool aid thread which is the secomd thread in this forum....page 1 and prolly page 2 page 3...

lol lol lol
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Man what is your problem?

jerk offs like you axhole.......are my problem, jerk offs like you that are disrespectful to me and bring mothers into debates. harry is right you are delusional.

u like to dish it out,,,,,,,,,now take some

So golfers are athletes? that is where you said it.

Good for you.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Do you need your teeth kicked in to quit this garbage?

Computer typing tuff guy?? no need for that unless your ready to display address and or meet somewhere?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pasted from the International Olympic committee website:

RECOGNISED SPORTS

Climbing, bridge, golf, roller skating and surfing are sports that are recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The International Sports Federations (IFs) that administer these sports must ensure that their statutes, practice and activities conform with the Olympic Charter.

Learn more

OLYMPIC SPORTS OF THE PAST

Tug of war, rugby, polo, lacrosse, and golf were once on the Olympic programme. Have a closer look at these sports and discover others that have become a part of Olympic history.

Learn more

I think their "Learn more" comment applies to Axtell - LOL
  • Options
    Jesus I am not going to argue semantics and split hairs with you.

There are some golfers who are in incredible shape and would be great athletes (Tiger, Phil, etc).

There are some golfers who wouldn't know where the gym was if it was next door to the donut shack (Daly, etc).

That being said, the fact that both of these groups of players compete on the same level tells me they don't play a sport.

I'll tell you one last time WP (as you obviously are ignoring anything I am stating):

There is a difference between an athlete and a sport. You can be an athlete and not compete in a sport (a la Tiger Woods).
  • Options
    So golfers are athletes?

all of a sudden you do not want to split hairs? why cuz its been shown how much of a idiot you are? now when its not convienent?

ohh ok its ok for you to split hairs and play semantics...no one else can huh?

idiot twit.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Do you need your teeth kicked in to quit this garbage?

Computer typing tuff guy?? no need for that unless your ready to display address and or meet somewhere? >>

I'd have no problem meeting WP and sending him home with his tail between his legs. Of course, the excuses would come about as 'the sun was in my eyes' or 'I had a round of golf to get to' whatever.

My experience has been that physical confrontations only make the loser more vocal in their whining, and the last thing we need here is WP whining more than he already has.

More to the point, I was speaking hypothetically as to what it would take for him to drop the whole golf 'debate'? I thought it had been settled that I (yes ME) does not believe golf to be a sport, whereas a good majority of the board (and apparently the IOOC) does.

And as I have stated before, there is nothing that can be shown to change my opinion about golf not being a sport - so why does WP continue his endless chanting? Nothing better to do? His mom blocked the adult channel in his room and no way to enjoy his evening other than to sit here and run his mouth?

• Options

<< <i>So golfers are athletes?

all of a sudden you do not want to split hairs? why cuz its been shown how much of a idiot you are? now when its not convienent?

ohh ok its ok for you to split hairs and play semantics...no one else can huh?

idiot twit.

SD >>

Not ALL golfers are athletes (or are you conveniently forgetting that)? The fact that such out of shape FAT men like Daly can be on the same playing field as Tiger and the best in the world tells me if's not a sport.

How many times are you going to use 'idiot twit' in your response to me? I heard you the first time.

• Options
    Not ALL golfers are athletes (or are you conveniently forgetting that)? The fact that such out of shape FAT men like Daly can be on the same playing field as Tiger and the best in the world tells me if's not a sport.

so ax babe ruth belonged on the same playing feild as lets say pedro martinez? one fat one not? look man that didnt make much sense..
  • Options
    47 dale ave ossining ny come and kicl my teeth in axhole

im waiting
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Not ALL golfers are athletes (or are you conveniently forgetting that)? The fact that such out of shape FAT men like Daly can be on the same playing field as Tiger and the best in the world tells me if's not a sport.

so ax babe ruth belonged on the same playing feild as lets say pedro martinez? one fat one not? look man that didnt make much sense.. >>

Here we go again.

Ruth wasn't always a fat guy. But even when, late in his career, he was heavy, he still had no problem running the bases. I doubt Daly couldn't run from the 18th to the 19th holes.
  • Options

<< <i>47 dale ave ossining ny come and kicl my teeth in axhole

im waiting >>

Go wait outside.

I'll be right there!
  • Options

<< <i> And as I have stated before, there is nothing that can be shown to change my opinion about golf not being a sport >>

On a list of one's deeply convicted beliefs, who would have thought the classification of golf would be near the top image
  • Options
    47 dale ave ossining ny

come on boy
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> And as I have stated before, there is nothing that can be shown to change my opinion about golf not being a sport >>

On a list of one's deeply convicted beliefs, who would have thought the classification of golf would be near the top image >>

Heh I don't know about it being near the top.

But it's on the list somewhere. Only so vocal here because WP and Co. can't seem to distinguish the difference between my not respecting golf as a sport and recognizing that some golfers are athletes and in incredible shape.
  • Options
    i knew you would punk out...you called me out I gave you my address then the girl in you took over....anytime boy

anytime
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>47 dale ave ossining ny

come on boy >>

Hey I told you to wait outside for me!

• Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    IMO size is irrelevant.

Guys such as Daly , Cecil Feilder , William Perry and others have found success at their sports
  • Options
    << Do you need your teeth kicked in to quit this garbage?

Computer typing tuff guy?? no need for that unless your ready to display address and or meet somewhere? >>

and i did and you punked out...............just like i knew you would cuz your all mouth
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i><< Do you need your teeth kicked in to quit this garbage?

and i did and you punked out...............just like i knew you would cuz your all mouth >>

First, did I ask for your address?

Or are you too STUPID to read where posts come from?

Second, do you really think I would travel cross country to beat your ass, then hop on a plane and fly back home?

Jesus you take things far too seriously.
  • Options
    But it's on the list somewhere. Only so vocal here because WP and Co. can't seem to distinguish the difference between my not respecting golf as a sport and recognizing that some golfers are athletes and in incredible shape

todays spin by axhole

anyone reading the threads will see how this guy works, you call him on somthing and he punks out.

PUNK
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i> cuz your all mouth >>

Hey, your wife loves my mouth!

• Options
    Guys such as Daly , Cecil Feilder , William Perry and others have found success at their sports

Kobe you see fridge get beat up by monute ball (spelling)! on that celebrity boxing match on fox couple of years back. man the fridge looked pathetic!!
  • Options
    did you ask for my address? YES YOU DID

unless your ready to display address

and I gave it to you. then you punked out.

or did I misunderstand lil axhole?
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ya that was pretty funny

I think the " fridge " was a little past his prime by then though lol

P.S tough loss tonight
  • Options
    now just so everyone here knows the difference between me and this pc of crap. I wont bring his mom into the post like he did to me, nor will I bring in his girl friend/boyfriend or whatever he has.

they are not fair game....

punk a$$ MF
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Guys such as Daly , Cecil Feilder , William Perry and others have found success at their sports >>

But the difference is size, especially in football, is an asset.

• Options
    lol so now your trying to say you wantede my ISP? I gave you what you asked for u said "DISPLAY ADDRESS" I complied you punked out.

anytime boy
    Good for you.
  • Options
    P.S tough loss tonight

cant win them all! pedro tomorow followed by benson good chance we take the series and goto the rockies and maybe sweep.

beltran is heating up so is reyes. just wish the lineup looked like this

reyes
    beltran
    wright
    floyd
    piazza
    cameron
    minky/woodward
    anderson hernandez/anderson/cairo
  • Options

<< <i>now just so everyone here knows the difference between me and this pc of crap. I wont bring his mom into the post like he did to me, nor will I bring in his girl friend/boyfriend or whatever he has.

they are not fair game....

punk a$$ MF >>

Ooh did I hurt your precious lil feelings? And it wasn't your MOM, it was your WIFE.

And why don't you go back to page 3...it was Kuhlman who brought up the whole address thing (I simply quoted it)...try going back to third grade and passing the reading comprehension, and come back and talk to me.
  • Options

<< <i>P.S tough loss tonight

cant win them all! pedro tomorow followed by benson good chance we take the series and goto the rockies and maybe sweep.

beltran is heating up so is reyes. just wish the lineup looked like this

reyes
    beltran
    wright
    floyd
    piazza
    cameron
    minky/woodward
    anderson hernandez/anderson/cairo >>

They said tonight the Rockies have the best record in baseball since June 1....is that possible?

And do the Mets have anyone to deal to make a move? It seems the Braves and Marlins are just floating around, leaving the division wide open for the taking.
  • Options
    And it wasn't your MOM,

listen you freaking idiot you brought my mother into the post a few days ago.

2x

now when we meeting so you can kick my teeth in??

huh??
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I wish the lineup looked like this

Reyes
    Beltran
    Soriano
    Floyd
    Wright
    Piazza
    Casey
    and who cares after those guys lol
  • Options
    ohh so now you didnt ask for the address...man you really are a punk.

lol

anytime boy
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>And it wasn't your MOM,

listen you freaking idiot you brought my mother into the post a few days ago.

2x

now when we meeting so you can kick my teeth in??

huh?? >>

It's funny to see you get all worked up like this....are you really so sensitive that some words on a screen from a complete stranger get you this upset?

Hillarious!

• Options
    Kobe

funny how nobody on the espn boards thinks soriano is a good idea??? id love to have him at 2nd. casey also. but it will cost milledge and petit to get these guys. milledge i know is awesome but he is a cf beltran is here for 7 years so i think he is gonna be traded.
  • Options
    I just read today that Milledge is tearing it up so far in AA where he was just brought up

They definetly have the pieces to make a move with both prospects and guys like Cameron