Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    two for 69's

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sweet Pavel/Valeri Bure signed photo. (at least you didn't say 'with their wood on the ice') image

Nice Panthers gocats.. I played basketball once against Jay Bouwmeester.. When in highschool I would go see my friends at their school (McNally in Edmonton) to play ball in the courts outside there..

- Garret >>

THAT'S INSANE!!! image You played b-ball with J-Bo!! That is a sweet story. I met him once. imageimage >>

Played pond hockey with Pat LaFontane back in the early 80s, here in Michigan.
  • I got my second TTM auto today, Eagles great Chuck Bednarik ! Mr. Bednarik is one of the best TTN signers ever, Seems like a nice guy. I Just sent him the 1960 Topps card and he sent back the index card on his own. What a guy !

• Three more pickups for E card collection image

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Another newbie for my 55set. image >>

Bob, you have some of the nicest 6's I have seen. Nice card!
  • scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Nice new E cards, Dave! I've been getting into these cards more frequently myself, so hopefully we won't compete over the same cards. I just received this one in the mail today myself.....

• Ha...I made a stab at that Tinker! Looks like we are buying from the same people anyway image

• << <i>I made a stab at that Tinker! >>

If this wasn't a card board, that'd probably have a whole different meaning. image
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice card Ryan.

Are you doing the 62T set now? Thanx for sharing.

mike
    Mike
  • page turner
  • Push. Bump.
  • these finally arrived at the house today image

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Robby, Lothar.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    Bob

That's a great Rizzuto card and reinforces my belief that one can put together a tremendous Exmt set with incredible eye appeal and NOT break the bank!

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • finally got one! that completes my maddux rookie card set. and i believe from a board member

• HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

Nice stuff as usual. Keep up the parade!!
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    A new addition to both my MVP and ROY rookie sets...

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
  • scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Dave,

The E94 Austin looks pretty damn nice for only an SGC 30! Is there a hidden crease I can't see in the scan?

Scott
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    that's a nice payton auto!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Scott,

Thanks...there is a light crease vertically down the middle of the card...kind of hard to see unless you tilt it just right...but as you probably know, cant be too picky with E94's...the prices for them have skyrocketed...so anything in much better grade gets unaffordable quick.
    Very nice Robinson PerkyD!

Where did you pick it up?

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Perk, that Jackie is off the charts!! image >>

Yeah, no schnikies. That's one tough act to follow image

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Just got this redemtion from 2006 sweet spot in the mail. Not sure what i am going to do with it yet.

My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • I swear, i always get stuck on the bottom with the page not turning!

imagey
  • yeeha

imagey
  • open sesame

imagey
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Just won:

<< <i>Very nice Robinson PerkyD!

Where did you pick it up?

thanx for sharing
    mike >>

I bought it from a fellow board member- JJworm. I love this card!
  • jjwormjjworm Posts: 196 ✭✭
    That's me!

You're welcome. It's a beautiful card. The funds were applied to '54 Topps PSA 8 commons image

Collecting:

- Post War baseball HOF RC's
    - 1980's unopened baseball
    - All Mutoscope and American Beauties

Jason your the MAN! All the '54 cards I bought from you were high end 7's IMO, Im sure you will pluck the best looking 8's that are out there for your collection! Best of luck!

<< <i>

<< <i>Perk, that Jackie is off the charts!! image >>

Yeah, no schnikies. That's one tough act to follow image

image >>

UMMM I need to tell you Stown that this Williams is AWESOME!

• << <i>Just got this redemtion from 2006 sweet spot in the mail. Not sure what i am going to do with it yet.

image >>

2 of my favorite pitchers. Sweet card!!
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>UMMM I need to tell you Stown that this Williams is AWESOME! >>

Mucho gracias image

I'm putting this set together for poops and giggles. Last I looked, I'm 75%+ complete. Heck, the way TAA prices have been skyrocketing, I'll probably finish the '54 set first image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

<< <i>

<< <i>UMMM I need to tell you Stown that this Williams is AWESOME! >>

Mucho gracias image

I'm putting this set together for poops and giggles. Last I looked, I'm 75%+ complete. Heck, the way TAA prices have been skyrocketing, I'll probably finish the '54 set first image >>

And that is not a bad thing if you keep picking up sweeeet psa 5's like that one!
  • A couple more cards that will be headed on the way to the house image

• cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Awesome cards, Asphalt! I love seeing your new purchases. I love the Tinker and Lajoie!

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Thanks Chris....the Tinker is nice looking...but probably won't be a keeper (doesn't really fit my collection with the grade its in). I ended up with it in leiu of cash on a trade deal. I'm really more excited about the E104 than either of the other two. E104's, especially the type 3's are really hard to come by.

Dave

<< <i>Thanks Chris....the Tinker is nice looking...but probably won't be a keeper (doesn't really fit my collection with the grade its in). I ended up with it in leiu of cash on a trade deal. I'm really more excited about the E104 than either of the other two. E104's, especially the type 3's are really hard to come by.

Dave >>

Please excuse my ignorance (I am just starting to get into pre-war vintage) but what is the difference between the type three and the other types on these cards?

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Chris...

Check your pm's.

Dave
    Dave

Nice pickups!

I especially like the Tinker - tho the Lajoie isn't bad.

There was a Lajoie I had my eye on for a bit on ebay but couldn't afford it - some day.

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Please excuse my ignorance (I am just starting to get into pre-war vintage) but what is the difference between the type three and the other types on these cards?

Chris >>

In short, Chris, here is a Summary:

E104-I's, is a set of 18 cards featuring the Philadelphia Athletics. There are three variations (potentially of each card) in this set, as follows:
    They can be found with or without the tagline "World's Champions 1910". These are most common found with blank backs, with or without the taglines. A few examples have been verified containing the Nadja Caramels back without the tagline.

E104-II's, is a set of 11 cards featuring the Pittsburgh Pirates. Oh yeah -- every E104 card is a portrait card. The only significant player in the E104-IIs is Honus Wagner. The E104-II set uses the same posts as E90-2. Like the E104-I's, these are most commonly found with a blank back, although a few examples (including Wagner) have been verified having the Nadja Caramels back.

E104-III's is a set of ?? cards. At least 32 players have been identified -- but please note that at least six or seven of these 32 were only identified since 2000. These cards are by far the rarest of the E104s -- there is no single team theme, although the Philadelphia Phillies are widely represented, as are New York and Detroit (plus a lone St. Louis player). These, too, are found with Blank or Nadja backs. Unlike the I's and II's, though -- the blank backs are probably only slightly more common. With the I's and II's, every subject known can be verified with blank backs, but not Nadja backs. With the III's, there are a number of subjects that have only been verified having a Nadja back, but not a blank back. Player selection is somewhat sparse -- no HOF'ers--- but a lot of players that are fun for team collectors.

And the cards are typically beaters. With the III's, PSA has only graded about one total. SGC has graded more -- but no more than 4/5 of any single subject (with one being common for many subjects). Only three examples have been graded 5 or higher. I've got one SGC 70, another SGC 70 sold in auction about 9 months ago, and the lone SGC 80 resides in the collection of a somewhat reclusive type collector.

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
    Thanks for the info, Marc! Sounds like a set that I will never be able to afford... But they are nice looking cards.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards