Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

any old school people still here?

knicks644knicks644 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭
edited October 3, 2020 9:43PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
just want to know if any old school people still come here

Comments

• dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Not too many. Once in a while I see one or two... I really only come here to chat on the OF, but look at the BST boards out of habit image
  • CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    I'm still here. I post now and then. But I haven't done a trade on here for a long time. Most of the people
    that I used to trade with seem to have gotten out of the hobby or have gone somewhere else.
  • WFFLWFFL Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    I look in a lot but have not posted forever. I am in need of 1961-2 Basketball though if anyone has any available for trade/sale.

Gregg
  • knicks644knicks644 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭
    yea i have not made a trade in years just been selling
  • DisrealTVDisrealTV Posts: 1,153 ✭✭
    I was just about to ask the same thing... I haven't visited here in at least 6 months or so, I guess it hasn't changed much, I'm still looking to trade maybe buy.

David
    I collect Timmy D, Roy Williams, Quentin Jammer, And Longhorns! Tradelist/Wantlist
    Refs: Just Ask
  • oh
  • I drop in at times.

You can find duncangal, Quasar among others here:
    Highlight Reel

You can find JRCCRUM, Moss84, me among others here:
    The Cardboard Village

Thanks, Mike
    The Proud Owner of THE CARDBOARD VILLAGE
  • oddballoddball Posts: 119
    I was here from early 2001 (damn, long time ago)...I remember people like SkiVermont3 (QuikSilver77 lol), dirtmonkey, knicks644, Quasar31, duncangal, uwftke26, baljitgill, autobillia, Undertaker, ripkenfany2k, BigShane, epag64, weasal510, SoDoMoJo, cardnyou, JoeBenson, seth2720, Remster, batman34, RichyPF32, ahendi, Taylor28jag, NBAsteve, bradley25, pacmanssportscards, Jason, ChrisDaBalla, yanyak5, raf12, Moss84, ahendi, ljmaya, DaBeef, josher416, DisrealTV, SPORTSGUY247, danmarinocollector, KOBEcollector, jsa, c0llect0r, Lantz, KBryant1, vittleboy, Drock, Nash, vincesanity, Mpower, BigE, MightyMouse, jeffo81, scoutdawg, jbugs, akafocus, PSASPORTS, samsgirl214, euphoria18, JErik20, BECKETTSUCKS, jazz1232dc, playr050, metros69, Bobstar, battier, kr580, and a bunch of others

- anyone remember that scammer Brandon Rusnak who used like 15 different names and kept coming back and ripping people over and over with new names

- anyone remember that crazy guy T1Mac or whatever who came back with like 45 different names because he kept getting kicked out...he was freaking crazy about collecting sweat bands LOL

- what happened to Trader Retreat? that was the biggest group of stuck-up jerkoffs ever...JSA and Mpower were some grade a buttholes

- anyone remember when hitechkoolaid had a war against the akafocus and that kid who posted a pic of himself wearing the Philly hat and fake jewelry?

- anyone remember how vittleboy would make a few good trades, then he'd rip a couple people off, then make a few more good trades until people trusted him again and then rip a couple more people off...then he ripped a bunch of people off and made up a story about his dad dying...then he came back and apologized and said him and his dad bought a card store

- anyone remember when CU was a good forum with lots of members and lots of posts and you could make like 10 trades in one day easily? and you could make a post and get like 5 replies within a couple minutes

- anyone remember when uwftke26 led a revolution which basically led to the death of CU being a good forum...where people were posting all kinds of stupid stuff and all of the cool people who posted regularly got kicked out...him and Lantz and JErik20 and some others started that Free Ballers club...omg funny stuff

- anyone remember Bobstar and his fake son "CJ" and what a stuck-up jerkoff Bobstar was...whenever he would get mad he would always say stuff like "My time is too valuable to waste talking to you, boy! Later!"

- so much other funny stuff

I've been out of the hobby for a long time, but I'm trying to get back in...I really just want to figure out what fair secondary market prices are so I can sell my card collection...there's things I want to buy and bills I need to pay and I have thousands of dollars worth of sportscards sitting around, I've been afraid to sell them since I don't know what fair prices are, I don't want to give people amazing deals or price them too high and not sell anything
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Hey, were not all bad here. We had some goofy posters like thetruthshallbetold and fraizergoesdown. They really knew how to get under peoples skin.

Stingray
    lol odd i remver all that...what was your name ?
    lol @ all the stuff oddball said... I can remember just about all the stuff you said.

I remember hearing about Brandon Rusnak, and if I remember correctly I think it was Vittleboy that was freaking tellin me lies and cr-ap that people around here started to think that I was Rusnak, I didn't even know who he was at the time... even though I had like 10 trades and never a complaint... he was dying to make a deal with me on something and I was about to do it but backed out because he was always rippin people off. I never knew if I could trust him.

I remember that T1Mac guy with all those sweatbands he would collect, and then get in arguments when people would make fun of him for it.

I actually joined Trader Retreat but never made a trade because I thought it sucked how "newbies" had to send first no matter what... how can they make us send first after we all went through the scanning process and had all the ref's? lmao...(I went around asking EVERYBODY for Emails so that I could get in to the site and have to send first? lol)

I remember when all the spam posts started w/ only ebay selling and people used to complain because they used to give a ----.... Now 99% of the posts are sells and alot of them are Ebay Links. I remember when I could make numerous trades in a week and get all my posts replied to. Now if you try to trade half the people won't even look.

I remember a lot of people you said, my first trade ever on this site was with JRCCRUM, he traded me a Kobe Bryant SP rookie that I know longer have because not too long after the trade he started to whoop my Spurs like crazy... lol. I remember Joyce and Quasar on here, Joyce with the free cards she did for one Christmas, all Spurs/Antonio Bryant stuff for me... that was awesome. I remember trading with Cardnyou a few times, he gave me my first Eduardo Najera Auto... Jamie was his name I think, he was cool... I remember a lot of other people you named too, I traded with about 15 different people here.

I remember when my Fantasy Football league was full as CUShootout because all the members were from here, then it became CU/TR shootout or something w/ only like 8 teams, and now I can't even get one team in it... lol.

I have never sold and probably never will, but I haven't bought much either therefore haven't been in the hobby for a LONG while. Now trying to maybe see my way back in over at Highlight Reel which only gets like one post a day...

image good stuff man, and to think i wasn't even in High School when I joined up here, now I'm about to be a Senior... lmao, time flies man.

David
    I collect Timmy D, Roy Williams, Quentin Jammer, And Longhorns! Tradelist/Wantlist
  • yeah, when I joined here I guess it was at like the end of 9th grade...now I'm going into 14th grade (aka 2nd year of college lol)

that's why I've been out of collecting for a year or two...I had plenty of time to make trades and search through ebay in high school...but with college and a full-time job I just don't have enough time any more...plus I was getting pretty sick of spending $120 on a box and pulling two cards that could sell for $10 each at the most
  • KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Hey oddball, you definetly brought back alot of memories with that post lol

cmon man, nobody with 39 posts would know that much stuff about this place. Who are you ?

hey Dave, whats up man ! it's been a long time. Cowboys going to have a good season this year ? I hope so
  • I am here like 1 time every 2-3 months, just to see if the site is still here. It used to be great, it is the site where I really started my online trading. I always joke that its my online hood, its the place where I was brought up on online trading, and now its all ran down, and I come back just to visit some old faces from time to time, and look at all the places I have gone to trade since. I always think without CU where would I have started online trading, and always think probably beckett or something, lol. Im glad CU gave me a couple years of good online trading.

If you want to talk somemore, IM me on Aim @ Threebearfan, or join here Trader Retreat (its way better than the old one, and the mods are really good. only a couple mods are the same as back then, most of them have changed, if you didnt like it back then give it a 2nd chance, Im sure a lot of you will like it)
    Tradelist

ebay id: pistonsnut3
  • I'm here pretty regularly, just don't post nearly as often as I used to. Tend to be most active at Hobby Insider, kinda hard to be active at multiple sites but maybe I'll try harder image

EDIT: Another thing, not necessarily bad, but it seems like this forum is now more populated by those who are into vintage. Obviously not my forte image
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
    now this board is all:

vintage people
    ebay spam people
    vintage ebay spam people

lame salad, why can't we go back to the days when people only posted cards that they wanted to buy, trade, or sell HERE...if you had an ebay link you put it in your sig line and people could click it if they wanted, you didn't have to make a whole damn post about it
  • GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Where oh where has Zardoz gone?????
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still around if anyone remembers me. I didn't get involved in all the "immature" crap that was going on 2-3 years ago and basically stopped posting/trading because you had to wade through a load of b.s. just to get to a decent post. I still post every once in a whlile on the Registry board, but haven't read any other board in some time. Only got taken on one deal where I sold an 84 topps Elway rookie to am fairly respected board member and he never paid for it. Don't even remember his name anymore. .By the way...what happened to CoachVinny???
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
    Speaking of bringing back old times..... What's up Dave? Well how bout dem 'Boys? I'm not too sure this year, after listening to all the pessimistic people on the Boys, I'm beginning to wonder how the young guys are gonna play out. I'm impressed with the draft and Off-Season though, at least they did something. Just not too sure about the 3-4 with all the young guys at backer, safety and then whether the rookies pan out or not.

How ya been man? How about my boy Antonio? lmao... I got all these rookies that I'm still not gonna trade because I still have faith this is his breakout year. lol.

Dave
  • I was here a while back, 2001, using the name alaneads1, cant find the login, so here I am again ;0
  • well its nice to see a few of the older members still around. I started here in the old CU back in 1999.
    in the old days CU was alot of fun with tons of great members.

alot of members left to other sites like the cardboard village and such but we old timers still drop by CU just to see whats happening here.

thanks
    Ron
    THE CARD GOD IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NMMT ROOKIE CARDS
    IN BASEBALL AND FOOTBALL PRE 1990

http://www.jrccrum.freeservers.com/
    EMAIL IS JRCCRUM@AOL.COM

YAHOO IM IS JRCCRUMCARDGOD
    AOL IM IS JRCCRUM

REF : MOST EVERYONE

1ST TRADER OF THE MONTH WINNER
  • samsgirl214samsgirl214 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭
    Hi guys, I'm still around. I don't post anymore because of the lack of trades or maybe it is that no one wants to part with brett favre and joe montana. I remember all the great trades we had a few years back and all the great people and friendships formed on cu. alot of good laughs as mentioned earlier. Crum always came through with some great rookies for me. I think about you all from time to time and wonder what everyone is up to.

I joined joyce, mike, and zack and a few others from here over on the new site. we had a great time last season with a football contest. joyce and i held our own against the guys right up to the last game when zack took it all. looking forward to playing again this season. you all should come over and join in. some really great cards are put in a pot to win at the end of the season.
    I have been pretty busy trying to sell off some stuff on ebay, but i don't post it here. I figure if you want it/ I have it. you will find me sooner or later.

my entire collection(other than brett and joe of course) will be sold on ebay over the next few months. if anyone is looking for baseball 1950's-2005 and football 1950's-2005 just look up julcat214 and see what we will have to offer.

maybe if we all come back we can get this site back to the good old days

Well, i'm off to the nationals in the morning so i should get packed. maybe we will run into a few of you.

Julie
  • duncangalduncangal Posts: 3,140
    Hey, what's up oldies but goodies? Just stopped by to see if anything had changed on here, and saw this post. Cool to see some of the old regulars, course I see some on my site. Wow, I hardly recognize the place. Does seem to have been taken over by the vintage sports posts. That's all kool tho, whatever works! Just wanted to say hi, and y'all know how much I miss our good ole times! image Hey Julie, we will have to try and kick the guys butts again in the football pool this fall. Everybody is welcome to come join us! CU will always be special to me, but kind of fun having our own site (it's Quasars too, lol ), a little more laid back, and some fun contests.. Great to remember the old times here tho, and my best to everyone!
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • hey everyone, how are all of you doing? I check in here now and then, but it doesn't seem like much is going on here anymore. I'm mostly doing my trading on beckett and the bench now. Cool to see I'm not the only old school person that still comes on here.
    My References

Marino Card Count: 1134
    wow wats up duncangal
    I'm still alive and kickin! Enjoying our Championship, and still picking up some nice Duncan cards image. Good to hear from you! We had some good times, and I won't forget my good buddies on here image
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • wow i havent been on here for a long time. nice to see that a few of the oldies are still around. its nice to think back on all the good times we shared on here and i made some good friends here too that i still talk to today...... but cant say that i miss that little twit ryan, lol. if you all miss the old times we had then come on over to Highlight Reel Trading and lets get it back to the way it used to be. any new peeps are welcome as well, as Joyce said its a laidback safe trading site. yep i`m gonna spam it right here Highlight Reel Trading

i havent been trading very much as of late, been selling on ebay mostly. i`m really waiting for the ricky williams cards to pick back up so i can dump the ones i have on the bay. well if anyone wants to contact me you can try a pm on here but you are better off to join HRT and send me a pm. thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Mike
    LOOKING FOR MARINO GAME USED,, , AND AUTO`S
  • ok one more thing....... hey oddball what did your screen name used to be?
    whether you loved Ryan or hated him...you have to admit he kept this board on its toes

those days beat these ghost town days...I'd take him being here and the board active versus him not being here and the board being dead anyday
    dude you still haven't told anybody what your old screen name was.

D image
    Ryan is one reason that this is a ghost town today, people got sick of his antics,and the copy cats he created......shame
  • Ryan knew how to push buttons, that's for sure... although he never really pushed mine, even had a good trade/sale or two with him, I think. Still, I tend to be more for promoting peace and good times rather than drama so I just tried to stay away from his antics image

Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Guess i'll say i still come in now and then also, as i see quite a few of you oldies are still around......LOL....yes i have moved on to many other sites as it got to be like romper room here. LMAO.......just couldn't get many deals done but did have a few good one with some of you. You know who you are.

Well if anyone need to contact me drop me an e-mail @ izrazoriz@aol.com

As for me i'm still into collecting, selling, buying....I'm doing nothing but autos now of HOFers and P. Manning.

Hope everyone is doing great........
    Thx for the rewind.....LOL
    Looking for Clinton Portis & Vick Rookies, Autos, and Game Used.]
    And 2002, Topps Pristine golds football #ed out of /79
  • NBAFanNBAFan Posts: 744
    What about the Tenacious D contraversy of getting the boot?
  • dont forget supergreg
  • And THITO!
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    There were a lot of super traders on here at one time, but I still deal with most of them on other sites. This site was always kind of a train wreck waiting to happen and it finally did happen some time back. It was fun to come here and joke around a trade, but more and more posts became about news, joking, spam, etc and less about trading so many left. The lack of a moderator was surely something that also led to the forums demise. By the time they actually appointed one, the site was already rolling downhill.

I made quite a few friends here (and maybe an enemy or 2 - LOL). Mike, Joyce, Bob, Ron, Julie, Chris, JD, Jamie, Rem, Jack, Baljit, etc... I still trade with most of them on other sites. This was the first site I actually joined for trading cards. Maybe we can just keep this post up so some of the other older members can drop in and trade with eachother. I'm not trying to exclude new members as they are always welcomed to join in, but at least I can keep track of some of the ones I no longer see on other sites. Thanks again all for the good times. Hope to see ya around the net image

Zack
  • i'm here, been here for 3 to 4 years, but this is my second allias, the first one got retired.....hint....jeter fan!!!
    "Don't ban me because i'm beautiful" - Me

"oh, it's not good enough for you, but it's good enough for me" - homer j. simpson

• << <i>i'm here, been here for 3 to 4 years, but this is my second allias, the first one got retired.....hint....jeter fan!!! >>

ChillinBJ
  • I don't know if anyone remembers me. I got so caught up in school that I pretty much gave up collecting and everything with it. I tried to come back one time and started again for a couple weeks, but disappeared again. Just thought I'd say hello, and was wondering if anyone even remembers me?
    pugsly8422@hotmail.com
  • editFYI this is vittleboy image

I love all the slams on me lol. I never riped anyone off. i got ripped off a few times here though.

Ohh and my dad did die thanks again for pushing that in my face and we did open a card shop for a short time before he died. its a watch shop now lol.

For some reason i still check back everynow and then. This is the first place i started tradeing and made a ton of friends here. I still miss all the big CU-TR war that was great. Im over at beckett now because lets face it this place is dead.

But really makes me smile to see alot of the old timers image

I really do miss this place when it was great image
    wat up vittle
    wats your sn on beckett
  • my name is mike (waltercartman) on beckett
  • Hey all

I still pop in on occasion. used to do a lot of trades here and got my feet wet trading online here.Good to see there are still a few of the "old timers" left.
    ref:samsgirl214,Baird34,sportsguy247,jrccrum,ahares,Chayne2,Hondo
    Taylor28jag,mikefromchester ,sjrpipm,Mars2001,naturlbrntrder,Hitechkoolaid
    Dallas822 ,KFC,Bjork73,joestalin,dirtmonkey,Bobstar,Euphoria18,Injun01,Dewey
    PSASPORTS,Co1lector,pacmanssportscards,Brettnc5,Tmac21,Brave,PunKrocKtrojaN,
    TrFstPtch
  • burp, here i am.
  • nismo! our favorite asian! or was he hawaiian? same thing I guess.
  • hahaha.. the king is back image

Wow, I haven't posted on here in forever! Oddball you brought back some good memories. I really miss this place, as it use to be THE place to trade and talk!
  • Been so long since I've logged in or posted, Forgot my password :confused

I still check in to read some of the posts and to see how many of my old sets have been upgraded image

---------------------------------------------------------

Will be selling the rest of my Football sets, Not by choice, but Ex wifes aren't cheap image
  • NashNash Posts: 709
    I'm here too. I was gone for a good while, but came back to see what I could get done, which to this point is nothing. The board's become very slow.