Home Metal Detecting

hey Just to let you all know

13»

Comments

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, there are so many threads that a guy could get lost in here. I just read a little about a guy who would dare use our tax dollars (Byron ... my grandfather's name, how dare he ?image) to collect unemployment... and that has me seething, especially since here he is , busy, ...out conning people trying to get sympathy cuz he has No Job.........oh he has a job alright.......he can look over his shoulder the rest of his life after apparently screwing people out of their money . A job ? image Unemployment ? Breaking into a Post Office and trying to burn it down ? Yikes .... Well, good luck with a job Bryron, your unemployment will run out and you burnt a bridge with the nicest people in the whole world (numismatists).
    It is a shame that people are so ruthless for such a small gain. When I first began reading this thread, I thought I would send the guy some money to help him... ha ha ha .......as I read about the fire at the post office, it was evident to me a lie had begun.

I will reserve my judgement because it is not my place, and I can only hope those of you who were let down by your trust in a stranger would not stop because of this ordeal. Some of us are stranger than others, but we can still be trusted image

Anyone got some Pepto Bismol ?image

HE>I

• Anything new on this... Sorry I brought it up, just currious
    I'll tell you what to do.
    Go that way.
    Really fast.
    If something gets in your way, turn.
  • I personally don't have a stake in this (but I almost did buy a geode off him) but you guys need to either sue that kid or forget about it.....
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
    Happy Hunting!image
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Nothing here...
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• I dont have a dog in this fight either !!!

But it is painfully obvious to me that Bryon has no intention of refunding the money for the items never delivered!!

You all have his address or you should !! start sending demand letters !! with clear intentions by the whole group as a group!! not as individuals,, give him a set time to respond and then proceed with all the determination that you can muster !!

This guys a true died in the wool thief,if he wasnt their would have been no lies, no BS and he would be doing his part to take care of the issue!!

Rick
    Touch Not The Cat Bot A Glove !!

Always Looking for Raw Proof Lincoln Cents !!
  • <<I dont have a dog in this fight either !!!>>
    niether am I. I'm just trying to keep this thread alive so you guys will take action.
    Happy Hunting!image
  • TTT
    Happy Hunting!image
  • YOU GUYS!!!!!!
    You have his e-mail address
    You have the name of the club he belongs to
    You have HIS PHONE NUMBER

GET IT DONE!!!! image

Jerry

CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
    Happy Hunting!image
    I'll tell you what to do.
    Go that way.
    Really fast.
    If something gets in your way, turn.
  • Just to reply to a couple of comments he is not a kid. The youngest Byron Thomas in his city is 31. He worked for a year and a half. Also his phone has been disconnected so for now

• <<he is not a kid>>

Well that now leaves another question to be answered: Why the hell he was using a spongebob icon.
    Happy Hunting!image

• << <i>Just to reply to a couple of comments he is not a kid. The youngest Byron Thomas in his city is 31. He worked for a year and a half. Also his phone has been disconnected so for now image >>

He is now President of his club.http://3riversgem_mineral.tripod.com
    I see two phone numbers in the news letter:

260-441-2541
    And
    260-580-2541

You might try again. Or contact the club:
    News Letter Editor:
    For information on any of the above, phone Michele Yamanaka (260)-424-5070 or email her at
    yamanakam@cs.com

Good Luck
    Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    just emailed this thread to that person.image
  • He's probably back with an alt. ID by now.
  • << “He's probably back with an alt. ID by now.” >>

If he’s back with an alt ID, you would know it right away. Go back and read some of his posts. He is very nearly illiterate. It was sometimes exhausting trying to make heads or tails of what he wrote.

I hope he clears things up with those who purchased his goods and comes back with humility and a spell checker.

Dennis
    imageimage
    Happy Hunting!image
    Remind me never to piss you guys off!!!

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE let this thread sink.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 weeks short of 5 months lol
  • I was bored today so I filed a police report.

By the way I tried 1-260-580-2541 and it turns out to be his cell/home phone.
    I left a message and he returned the call not knowing who I was. Was very
    confused when I got specific. Explained he has been out of the country but was
    on lunch now so I should call him tonight.
    You should have seen my face when my caller ID showed BYRON THOMAS
    before I answeared.

I love it!!!!

ROFL!!
  • Then love this more. I received a $45 payment from Byron this evening.
    An extra $4 to cover my fees.

Log Out | Help

Transaction Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Received (ID #6VT50979TG096363U)

Business Name:
    Byron Thomas
    Email:
    lancelotblue1@msn.com
    Email Address That Payment Was Sent to:

joeyuk@comcast.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount:
    $45.00 USD
    Fee Amount:
    -$1.61 USD
    Net Amount:
    $43.39 USD

Date:
    Dec. 20, 2005
    Time:
    16:09:03 PST
    Completed

Seller Protection Policy:
    Ineligible
    Subject:
    Repayment
    Note:
    Here it is i finally found what i owe you and here it is. Sorry for all the hassel and the problems

byron
    Shipping Address:

No Address Provided

Payment Type:
    Instant

Refund Information: If you need to refund this payment to the sender for any reason, click Refund Payment. The Refund Payment option is only available for 60 days after the payment was sent.

Mobile | Mass Pay | Money Market | ATM/Debit Card | Referrals | About Us | Accounts | Fees | Privacy | Buyer Credit | Security Center | Contact Us | User Agreement | Developers | Shops | Gift Certificates/Points

PayPal, an eBay company

Copyright © 1999-2005 PayPal. All rights reserved.
    Information about FDIC pass-through insurance

I didn't want to bring this back up to the top with a reply but I thought it was nice of the Kearny,NJ police to call me tonight to see if this had been resolved. If not they said they would reach out to the Ft. Wayne department for some help.
  • >>I was bored today so I filed a police report.

before I answeared. <<

WTG It took long enough.

Jerry

CROCK of COINS
    imageimage

• << <i>I was bored today so I filed a police report.

before I answeared.

image >>

image That's realy funny! It took you long enough I have to say though!
    Happy Hunting!image
    I wish I would have gotten a Paypal from Byron for Christmas!!!image

I'm thinking maybe next week going to Silvertowne, I might have to make a stop at the Ft. Wayne PD!!

do it and post a copy of your GO report here. Bet you get a quick refund.
  • My report went to my local police and they basicaly said it was a civil matter but took the report anyway.
    2 weeks later they called me to let me know the would call the FT. Wayne police on my behalf.
    I told them it was taken care of.
    This has to be the longest thread in existence at the MD forum.
    nah...the one that was a Game or contest was longer I think.

this forum is pretty interesting. I read it all the time but rarely comment unless it's about some dirtbag that ripped people off.
    I though the game thread was over on the coin forum?
  • Oh the glory days.
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because it's trust is not in the branch but it's own wings.
  • Wow! I had forgotten about this thread and when I opened it and saw the name "indianabyron" it all came back to me!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I liked seeing all the old detecting awards in everyone signature lines.
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did indianabyron come back as BNB and then go poof? I remember this going on. Did anyone ever get anything from him??