Could be true, but he is still wrong.
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭
    top for those involved since the 22nd is close
    imageimage

• Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I was looking at some PM's from he and I , he was looking for a job as far back as '03. I have his address from a few coins I sent to him for his "Nephew". Now I'm thinking maybe the little guy doesn't exist.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    well it's August 22.

I'm assuming everyone got their stuff, right?
  • Options
    Far from it unfortunately.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Hey Steve, tried to respond to im, said you were offline. Didn't want you to think I was snubbing you. image
    Be Still and Know
  • Options

You know it is not even the $41. It is the fact you try to help someont and this happens.

Byron,
    You said this issue would be resolved by the 22nd. Perhaps you should log on to PCGS and explain what happened. Joe
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: joeyuk@comcast.net
    Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 5:58 PM
    Subject: RE: PCGS SALE

SOrry about all of this I left a message in the gourp about all of this . Im just waiting on the post office to return the damaged packages ive gotten 2 of them back for the post off this week. There was a break in the night after i dropped them off and the crook dicided to cover his break in with a bit of a fire. As soon as i get the packages or if i dont get them by the 22 of august thats when the post office is supposed to have everything sent back tot he senders. I will send you back a refund. This has been a major pain in the ass for me and as well as everybody else I sent packages to.

Byron

>From: "SYuknalis" <joeyuk@comcast.net>
    >To: <lancelotblue1@msn.com>
    >Subject: PCGS SALE
    >Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:59:50 -0400
    >
    >Byron,
    >What's up? I think you should PayPal me back the $41. I do not think I am going to see any coins. Joe
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    +1

(sorry, couldn't resist. It was on top of the page already anyway)
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    Joe....

it's awful odd that he can take the time to email you but will not, for whatever reason, log into here and say something.

I'm certain MadMarty would like an explanation judging by his flaming post about Byron recently.

Maybe he needed the money for some dental work?

Ask him if he's seen JT Stanton or knows the whereabouts of Cherrypicker4!!

• Options
    This is my last e-mail to him earlier today. I guess I'll start calling as well.

Byron,
    I was wondering what is happening as far as a refund. I sent you $41 in good faith and you do not even respond. Please respond to this e-mail as your phone number and address are on line and there are other ways to contact you.
    Joe
  • Options
    and his responce:

Hey this is Byron Im sorry about all the problems that have been caused by this. Im working with the post office to get the return off all the items people bought off of me but im getting the spheel about it taking some time. If I dont get the packages or the items back by this friday (the 2nd)I will start to refund everybod on tuesday. At this point im at a major stand still with the post office and the DA prosceuting this case. With their refusal to turn over the packages even thought I was about to identify all the items right down to the numbers on some of the PCGS slabs.

Im really very sorry abut this Please bear with me . this has been nothing but a major embarresment for me.

Byron

• Options
    Joe....

you would think that even if that is all true, that at the VERY least he would log into here and start a new thread kissing everyone's collective butts.

I almost bought some of the items but decided not to. I'm glad.....Cherrypicker's IV is giving me enough fits.image
  • Options
    I would think he has to be checking in but just not logging in. I would want to know what people are saying.
  • Options
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    What's with the bumps ? Are you trying to stir the pot ?

I think about everyone has given up on getting their stuff.

I'm not saying it did'nt happen,but that PO story seems a bit far-fetched to me.
  • Options
  • Options
    What does the bump sign mean?
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Mary......if noone replies to the thread for a while other threads will push it down and off the page.

They use the image sign to bring it back to the top of page 1.

PURPLE!
  • Options
    Least we forget, huh? I guess it works because it got my attention!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    I do not think anyone forgets it just is a update on the status Byron trying to make good.
    There is an expression "nothing said, nothing wrong" . People assume when a subject
    disappears it has been resolved to everyones satisfaction. This has not so it gets updated.

Here is the latest e-mail exchange:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: "Byron Thomas" <lancelotblue1@msn.com>
    Subject: Re: PCGS SALE
    Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 11:48:36 -0400

Byron,
    Sorry if I appear impatient but what is new? Joe

Well the news is that the post office is dragging their feet so im working on refunding the money As of yesterday they said it might be 2 to 3 more weeks. I feel bad about all of this but im stuck in the middle of the people i sold to and the post office dealing with the crook who broke into the post station.

Byron

I just sent this one off to him as well.

Byron,
    This is your responcibilty alone. You need to refund peoples money now and wait for the post office yourself. By Wed. Sept. &th I will find out if any laws have been broken and what can be done. I know of a case from e-bay whare something similar happened and it was taken to small claims court. The seller did not show up as it was across country and a default judgement was won by the buyer. This went on the sellers credit file as a unsatisfied judgement and when the seller tried to get a mortgage he was told to clean that up first. The buyer now made it dificult for the seller to satisfy the judgement.
    I only tell you this because I bid on your stuff out of compassion because you lost your job. Now it seems you are not willing to take responcibility and only screw the people you interacted with on the forums. That is what is bad. Not the $41.
    I have saved all correspondence between us.
    Joe
    ----- Original Message -----

• Options
    Ya know...I wanna go MD'ing with Goldrush anyway..........

I think I should go Pick up GR and go MD'ing............... after we are done we will head on over there to indiana.......I need to give my car a good test drive.

Whatcha think guys!

PURPLE!
  • Options
    CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    I would like to go metal detecting with someone too. I only live 40 minutes from Ft. Wayne. I usually go over
    there 1-2 times a month. The county fair is going on right now. I usually see at least 1 person out there after
    the fair. But they are probably just picking up the new change that has fallen. I see him hitting where the
    rides are. But don't want to get off the topic of this post, so I'll have to start this story on another one.
  • Options
    http://3riversgem_mineral.tripod.com

You may contact:Secretary: Byron Thomas
    Ass’t. Field Trips : Byron Thomas (260) 580-2541
    E-Mail:lancelotblue1@msn.com

Maybe he can get help from his:
    Three Rivers Gem & Mineral Society, Fort Wayne IN

Or visit the club meeting. Go on a field trip with him.

Lets get this over with!!!!!! image

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    "Well the news is that the post office is dragging their feet so im working on refunding the money As of yesterday they said it might be 2 to 3 more weeks. I feel bad about all of this but im stuck in the middle of the people i sold to and the post office dealing with the crook who broke into the post station. " ???

I thought he said that the post office burned down?
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought he said that the post office burned down? >>

The fish is smelling all the way to the other side of the Atlantic..
    I'd think the post office in question can be contacted to ask if they are experiencing massive delays for this reason..?
    Hrmph.

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    has anyone else in the area heard of anything of the post office burning down?
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    Nope. My local news is from Ft. Wayne. But I could have missed watching the news that day.
  • Options
    He needs to GROW A SET and log into here and do some explaining HERE, NOT via email to someone.

Failing to do so in my opinion sure as hell makes him look like a thieving liar.

Obviously he is capable of getting online.......

If this was 99.9 percent of the people on here, they would have sure as hell logged INTO here and kept everyone informed on HERE instead of appearing to be hiding and NOT returning phone calls.

I am sure glad I didn't buy anything but came close.

Here's what I would do guys/gals that seemingly have been hosed.

Contact HIS local PD and ask to file a complaint/report.
    Contact your PO or even his PO and ask to file a complaint if you mailed payment.
    File civilly through your local court and get a judgement against him that will stick with him until he makes good.
    File a complaint with his state's AG's Office.
    File a complaint with your CC if you used on on paypal.

that's for starters.
  • Options
    I like your thinking Goose.image
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    Hey, I'm a friendly person!image
  • Options
    Wire fraud, and this is what this is, is a FEDERAL OFFENSE.....he needs to be aware that he could be in serious trouble with the government, not just the "friends" here that were screwed over......His time is running out.
  • Options
    I think everyone who bought something from him (not me, I'm just trying to help you guys out) should start a small organization through PMs. You know, first find out if the fire/robbery or whatever else Byron is changing it to now realy happened, then file a lawsuit. I know It's not the $50 bucks or whatever you payed. It's the fact that he is wrong and we must stop him and others like him from doing this to others.
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    If someone can find me some phone numbers for various post offices around/near his location, post them or pm them to me.

I will work on it tomorrow for you guys.

I am off and will have some time to kill while the kids are napping in the afternoon.
  • Options
    I'll try now
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    CRAP GUYS!

I JUST REMEMBERED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in town most of the day working on our other house in preparation for selling.

I can try next week on my days off. Someone PM me next Weds morning and remind me. When I get home from work that day at 2pm, the PM will be waiting and I will do it!

Sorry!!

• Options
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    Hey, what do you know, I got a refund from Byron through Paypal today.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    well whaddyaknow.

Funny. I just called the Main Office Postmaster and explained this story (B&E and Fire in June) . The exact words I was told

"THAT'S NOT TRUE" "WE HAVEN'T HAD ANY FIRES ANYWHERE".

If anyone would like to verify....number for the MAIN branch of USPS there is 260-427-7300.

United States Government--Post Office, Postmaster
    1726 Apple Glen Blvd
    Fort Wayne, IN 46804-1725
    Phone: (260) 427-7300
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey, what do you know, I got a refund from Byron through Paypal today. >>

I haven't!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Well now that Silver dreams got a refund. lets hope everyone else does too.
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    Well mine was $3.50, including s&h. Let's hope he refunds the higher priced stuff...
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    You know, now that you think about it, Maybe he planed to give just you and other people who bought lower priced items to knock us off his trail. as much as i want you guys to get your money back, i also have to look at the posibilities, you know, put yourself in his shoes. you got to know what's going on in his sick mind. (probably a load of crap and nothing more if you ask me.) But he's not smart enough for us.
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    why don't some of you start some of the steps I outlined in the previous page?

that might light a fire under his ass.
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody who got screwed should get together and contact the state attorney general or the prosecuting attorney in the county or district where he resides. You need to find out how to file theft by deception charges against him. When I posted about my problems, I was contacted by two different assistant attorney generals and that was one of the recommendations.
    In addition, file mail fraud complaints. The complaints go to a central location in Chicago and are then sent out. It was recommended that myself and the others who were owed money file on the same day at about the same time to alert the inspectors to a major problem.
    Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    anyone else get a refund????
  • Options
    image nothing here.