Home Metal Detecting
Options

hey Just to let you all know

If you bought something from me last week i just got it all mailed out today. Its been busy with me i had 3 interviews yesterday and I put nearly 450 miles on my truck going to all 3.

So yu should be getting your winnings soon .

Byron
Im unemployed again after 1.5 years with Kittyhawk they let me go. image

My first YOU SUCK on May 6 2005

Comments

• Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Good luck with your interviews Byron! Please let us know what comes of them.
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Byron I was wondering where that Whites DFX "Brand new in the box" was!!! image Good luck on the interviews bro!
  • Options
    Hope everything works out for you IB! Good luck with your interviews!

GR
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭
    Hope all goes well with the interviews..if you have any experience with robots, you could prolly get on here in Ga at my job, we looking for a couple techs.
    imageimage

• Options

<< <i>Hope all goes well with the interviews..if you have any experience with robots, you could prolly get on here in Ga at my job, we looking for a couple techs. >>

What does it pay? I have experience with FixDMACS-Rockwell block programming, and more automation. My degree is in Networking,
    For the world to know the truth
    There can be no greater proof
    Than to live the life, live the life
    There's no love that's quite as pure
    There's no pain we can't endure
    If we live the life, live the life
    Be a light for all to see
    For every act of love will set you free
    -M.W. Smith

• Options
    The only experience with robots I have is blowing them up on computer games. Clad sorry you have the wrong person if your asking me for a new detector I dont have that kind of money any time it seams i get ready to buy a new one something goes wrong and i have to use the money on something else. I will let you all know whats happening with the jobs I hope to have one soon. For the time being im doing odd jobs just to keep the money flowing. Ive got rent and other thing to take care of and my umemployment should kick in this week.

Byron
    Im unemployed again after 1.5 years with Kittyhawk they let me go. image

My first YOU SUCK on May 6 2005
  • Options
    Anyone gotten their winnings yet? It's been over a week and I haven't received the trilobite. image *#$%& Postal Service!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Slow this way also. Even for PM responces.
  • Options
    still waiting on mine and he only lives about 200 miles away.image
    If you can read this, your too close.

A DAMMIT BOY from Jonesy 1/25/05

Lieutenant, Covert Operations
    Subcommittee

my first POTD award 7/16/05
    the cat ate my blue fish.
  • Options
    Anyone get their stuff yet?

Subcommittee

• Options

<< <i> Anyone get their stuff yet? >>

Nope.
    I could've walked there and back at least twice by now being 135 miles away.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Still waiting. No contact.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Waiting also!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255

<< <i>The only experience with robots I have is blowing them up on computer games. Clad sorry you have the wrong person if your asking me for a new detector I dont have that kind of money any time it seams i get ready to buy a new one something goes wrong and i have to use the money on something else. I will let you all know whats happening with the jobs I hope to have one soon. For the time being im doing odd jobs just to keep the money flowing. Ive got rent and other thing to take care of and my umemployment should kick in this week.

Byron >>

Here is your answer guys, be patient. Having a limited income can be stressful and even the smallest expenses such as postage can be a burden.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Byron emailed me and said that someone tried to break into the post office and burn it down so everything coming and going is delayed. It's now been over two weeks and I haven't seen anything...
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    Wow, I live just minutes from Ft. Wayne IN. I haven't heard about that news story yet. Maybe something
    that didn't hit the media because they are trying to find the person that did it. Wonder if the person burned
    up anyones mail?
  • Options
    Nothing here yet.

Subcommittee

• Options
    Hey, you get your stuff yet? I was just wondering what that little trilobite looked like. I can't remember what else
    he was selling. I didn't get a chance to pick anything up since I had just come back from vacation and didn't have
    any funds at the time.
  • Options
    SilverDreamsSilverDreams Posts: 427 ✭✭
    I haven't gotten it yet. He says he mailed it off on June 14th and today is July 6th. This is getting pretty ridiculous.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Nothing here either.image

Subcommittee

• Options
    I havn't received mine either. He hasn't been on the site since June 21st. I threw him some money
    to help him out the coins were only a token thank you. I'm sure he has alot goin on more important
    then this place so whatever comes of this so be it. It is behind me now. I wish him good luck. Joe
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<<I havn't received mine either. He hasn't been on the site since June 21st. I threw him some money to help him out the coins were only a token thank you. I'm sure he has alot goin on more important
    then this place so whatever comes of this so be it. It is behind me now. I wish him good luck. Joe >>

I didn't order anything, but I'm very curious as to why he has not been on since June 21st. He has always been on almost every day before. To tell you the truth, I don't believe any of that story of his, that someone tried to burn the post office down. (I believe SilverDreams that he sent the e-mail, Just not it's content.) Hope you guys get your stuff.image
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the story seems very fishy. It's now been over a month and I still haven't gotten anything yet. This is what Bryon sent me in an email on June 23rd:

Yes did there are som eproblems at the posdt office I dropped them off to. Believe it or not somebody broke into it and started a fire so everything is majorly delayed coming and going fro that office. In hind sight I shgould have taken it to the main post office. Give a few days it will show up.

Byron

I know someone mentioned to be patient and that slow income makes it hard to ship stuff, but he actually said he shipped the stuff on June 14th and then he emails me this story so it makes me wonder what's up.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    if you enter the information from his profile......you can easily locate him on a yahoo search and a phone number as well!image
  • Options
    There you go ...
    imageimage
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Write of off as STIFFED™
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    <<Oh yeah, the story seems very fishy.>> Your telling me. Besides, don,t you think that would be in a Indiana newspaper (I'm from New York) or something anyway. I know a few of you are from Indiana, have you heard anything lately (or should I say a month ago)? Besides, He said that he shiped them on June 14th. I've heard of postal delays, but usually, everything is out of the post office in about 3 days or less, not 9. How much did you guys pay for these things anyway? I think you guys were conned, but I hope I'm wrong.
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    Why don’t you ask him where the stuff is? He is in here every day. Oh, wait, he hasn’t been in since the post office exploded.

BRYON, YOU HAVE SOME ‘SPLAINEN TO DO.
    imageimage
  • Options
    <<Yes did there are som eproblems at the posdt office I dropped them off to. Believe it or not somebody broke into it and started a fire so everything is majorly delayed coming and going fro that office. In hind sight I shgould have taken it to the main post office. Give a few days it will show up.

Byron>>

Look at his spelling, it can mean one of 3 things.
    1. he was very nervous when he wrote it (an indication that he stiffed you guys)
    2. He has terrible spelling and grammer skills ( maybe not as he spells beter when he posts new messages and replys to them, his spelling is much better.)
    3. Time to call the men in the white jackets to take him to the Happy Hotel.image

Look at the facts too, he is unemployed. He also said he was selling them because of that. Now I'm sure all of us are sure that a couple hundred or thousand dollars can't do much exept maybe pay his grocery bill for a few months. So he might sell the same ones on other forums and do the same thing. I'm also curious as to why he didn't resort to selling them on Ebay instead. Think about it, he'll have to deal with paypal, and he'll be able to con more people on forums, simply because the number of forums is greater than the number of online aution websites.
    Hope you guy's recieve your trilobites soon!
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    What happened here?

PURPLE!
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    ahhhhhhh I see.......He held an auction. Man , for being here 2 years you would think he wouldn't be that way.

PURPLE!
  • Options
    Maybe he was putting up a good front and biding his time for the big con...image. I only paid $2.50 for my trilobite plus $1 for s&h. I know some items he had were $40-$60.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bid on something but never heard back from him, so I didn't send him any money.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    << I bid on something but never heard back from him, so I didn't send him any money. >>

Good! Cons don't deserve money.
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    I just checked my Paypal account and my transaction with Byron is no longer listed. Looks like he took his money and ran.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I think that is too bad. He seemed like a pretty nice guy (Which is probably why some of you bid on his items) who was interested in the hobby. It was exhaustive to read his posts, sometimes, because he is very nearly illiterate. But he was a nice fellow.
    Dennis
    imageimage
  • Options
    Does anybody know if he has friends or family that post on any of these forums. That way we can truely find out what happened?
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options

<< <i>It was exhaustive to read his posts, sometimes, because he is very nearly illiterate >>

And yet.......Sure glad I didn't engage in an commerce with him.
  • Options
    millennium,
    I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or think I was a little harsh on him.
    Dennis
    imageimage
  • Options
    We've exchanged a few friendly e-mails and he said it would be
    resolved by Aug. 22.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or think I was a little harsh on him. >>

I was a little amused at the comment....and was wondering if it was his way to pull everyone in to trust him...I never really knew how to take him. He seemed pretty smart on some things and then out of left field on others.
  • Options
    << I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or think I was a little harsh on him. >>

<<I was a little amused at the comment.>>

Oh. I had second thoughts about writing that sentence. I was afraid that others would pick up on it and really start baggin’ on him. And, I was afraid that if Bryon comes back, after everyone has kissed and made up, he would be upset that I had written it. I’m sure he still looks in here from time to time, he just doesn’t log in.
    Dennis
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>We've exchanged a few friendly e-mails and he said it would be
    resolved by Aug. 22. >>

???????????????????

Then why doesn't he log into here and explain himself to the numerous people that sent him money for items?

I must admit, I have no dog in this fight, BUT I do keep tabs on threads like these for future reference on who NOT to deal with.
  • Options
    Anyone here have a Ft. Wayne phone book or something, so you can give him a call and see what's up.
    You can tell better that he realy didn't send them by the sound of his voice. I'm not saying that you can't see that through e-mail, but a phone conversation is easier.

Hope you guys get your stuff!

edited to add
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    I have a Ft. Wayne phone book. Since I live just outside there. It's one of the main phone books
    that I get when the new ones come out.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>We've exchanged a few friendly e-mails and he said it would be
    resolved by Aug. 22. >>

???????????????????

Then why doesn't he log into here and explain himself to the numerous people that sent him money for items?

I must admit, I have no dog in this fight, BUT I do keep tabs on threads like these for future reference on who NOT to deal with. >>

I do too, this is sad, when this happens with someone you trust, someone who was one of us. I hope and pray it is a mistake.
    For the world to know the truth
    There can be no greater proof
    Than to live the life, live the life
    There's no love that's quite as pure
    There's no pain we can't endure
    If we live the life, live the life
    Be a light for all to see
    For every act of love will set you free
    -M.W. Smith

• Options
    Wow, that guy is a real piece of work - For a conman to setup a group of people over a period of time by gaining their trust through emails and conversations, and then making the big score at the end for a few thousand is an age old scam. Still, Just a common thief.

But, unless I'm missing something here this guy stole from his friends for what? Maybe a hundred bucks?
  • Options
    You guys don't need a phone book.

Just go to Yahoo......click on people search and enter the info in his profile.

You WILL get his phone number and address.
  • Options
    Scavenger,
    I don’t think Bryon pulled off anything so premeditated. I think it was a case of a young guy trying to come up with some money. A young guy lacking in follow through, maybe, that spent the money before he got the things mailed off.

I have no idea who bought what or for how much. I do know that some of the things he was peddling were rocks. He may have miscalculated the shipping costs.
    imageimage