Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

It's all down hill from here! A new Buffalo joins the herd.

ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭
In the two years that I've been a member of this forum, I've never once shared a new piece. Although I frequently add my two cents to many of the threads, I quietly go about making additions to my collection. However, my stars came into alignment recently and I managed to acquire THE key date Buffalo nickel. I had to trade away four coins and a sweaty wad of cash, but I can now say with great satisfaction it was worth it.

Here it is, my new PCGS MS63 1926-S Buffalo Nickel!

imageimage

In reality, the coin is a little more golden than these images show. But what you also don't see is an AMAZING display of rainbow toning. The reverse is absolutely incredible for the grade!

I want to thank BigD5, Caitlin, Hoot, Jom, and Jonesy for the feedback they gave me during this acquisition.

And I want to especially thank Coinguy1 for offering to screen the coin beforehand. I was terrified that in my excitement I might fail to notice an obvious problem with the coin. His objective evaluation provided the reassurance that I needed.



image


Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Comments

  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374 ✭
    KUDOS!!!! Very nice acquisition for your collection!!!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

    Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    I'm jealous. image


    Congrats on a wonderful pick up Chris!! image
    You scored the toughest one!!!
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I wish my 26-s looked like that.
  • Options
    Buffalo nickels are cool coins - A very nice addition Shamika
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Looks very nice!



    image
  • Options
    That is very nice. We must like the same things, because I just got this one off of eBay. It is a little less golden than photo, but still has nice golden toning.

    1926 Buff
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, looks like a very nice example of the key Date.
  • Options
    Fantastic, Very attractive, clean coin for the grade!
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice one.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570 ✭
    That is nice - see you should show more often

    (edit in an attempt to conform to the English language)
    image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! This is just what these boards should be about.
    Doug
  • Options
    vega1vega1 Posts: 941 ✭
    Congratulations. That's a really beautiful coin.image
  • Options
    Beautiful! Looks a lot nicer than what I'd expect an "MS63" to look.

    Dan
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice!
  • Options
    That is a breath-taking 63! Super eye appeal and nice, clean surfaces. And not a bad strike for the series.
    Congratulations on your new addition. Now which registry set is that in?
    YJ
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 26-s got AU-58'ed at a FUN show three years ago. I haven't felt like resubmitting it since.image
    Doug
  • Options
    buffnutbuffnut Posts: 935 ✭✭
    Great score on that one!!! How often do you see a mid-level certified 26S with that kind of eye appeal? Never! Even if you paid a ridiculous price for it, it will surely return profit in the future, both financially and aesthetically.

    I'm green with envy!
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Now which registry set is that in? >>


    I'm not registered and I have no excuse why. image

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>How often do you see a mid-level certified 26S with that kind of eye appeal? Never! >>


    You got that right! image

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellant!! image

    And now that you've broken the ice, feel free to share some other newps now and then!
  • Options
    golddustingolddustin Posts: 838 ✭✭
    SUPER!! The reverse strike looks especially strong for a 63, and if the color is even better than it shows, it's a fantastic addition.image
    Don't you know that it's worth
    every treasure on Earth
    to be young at heart?
    And as rich as you are,
    it's much better by far,
    to be young at heart!
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing that beautiful coin!! Share more pleaseimage
    Becky
  • Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    Sweet buffalo nickel!

    I for one am glad you decided to share it!image
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shamika,

    Great aquisition! My favorite standard issue date in the Buffalo Nickel series. I really like the look of that coin?

    jim
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful looking!

    And kudos to the generous guys that helped out. image
  • Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    You waited two years to share, and now you show us that!!!




    It was worth the wait!
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    solidsolid Posts: 2,975
    Very nice, Chris! I can see hints of the rainbow toning on both obverse and reverse.

    Is this an auction photo? Will you be able to take one showing the color better?

    Would love to see it again, in it's best light! image

    Ken
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Will you be able to take one showing the color better? >>


    Alas, I've blown all my money on coins and have nothing left to buy a digital camera. image

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Alas, I've blown all my money on coins and have nothing left to buy a digital camera >>

    Shamika, it's too bad you can't show better images. That coin is much more colorful/beautiful in person.image
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>That coin is much more colorful/beautiful in person. image >>


    Mark, you're the only one who'll ever know.

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DUDE!!!! image


    What an excellent addition! image

    “We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

    Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    FullHornFullHorn Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! I take a break from the board for a day and Buffalo threads every where, cats living with dogs, Shamika posting pics of awsome
    toned key date newpsimage Oh and congratulations on a great looking coin and I really like the color and braid detailimage
  • Options
    coolkarmacoolkarma Posts: 512 ✭✭
    WOW! Congratulations! Excellent! Impressive! Superlative! I like it! imageimageimage
    Some day I hope to add one like that to my herd. Thanks for sharing.

    CoolKarma
  • Options
    Coinhusker1Coinhusker1 Posts: 3,560 ✭
    Congrats on you acquisition of a very special coin!! image

    Approximately how complete is your "herd"?
  • Options
    Oh Man that's a nice 26-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Someday I too will own one. Hopefully it will be as nice as yours!
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 26S Buff is a really serious coin Shamika, and that is ONE BEAUTIFUL 26S- Major congrats
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    HootHoot Posts: 867 ✭
    Truly a marvelous acquisition! image I'm very happy for you Shamika and hope to some day have the pleasure of seeing the buff in person. image

    Hoot
    From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines. - Whitman
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085 ✭
    A super looking 1926-S Chris...Congrats!!!
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    vega1vega1 Posts: 941 ✭
    Just out of curiosity (feel free to not answer if you don't wish to) but what were the four coins you parted with in trade for this?
  • Options
    MJHMJH Posts: 538 ✭✭
    Very Nice , Thanks for Sharing the pics.
  • Options
    Hi,

    Great coin. Hears one the mint(s?) forgot to put a date on.image
    The reverse is also alittle offset (or turned).

    imageimage
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

    (Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shamika...........that is one DROP DEAD BEAUTIFUL coin. I'm real happy for you.

    Peteimage
    "I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Approximately how complete is your "herd"? >>


    I currently have 38 unique dates/mm out of the 64 necessary to complete the set. But getting the 26-S is like getting 50% of the entire collection in one fell swoop.



    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    Nice Beefalo, Shamika. Congrats on your newest addition.image



    Tom
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Alas, I've blown all my money on coins and have nothing left to buy a digital camera. >>



    Oh yeah? Well you COULD send it to me and I'll take a picture. Then send it back to you...the picture..not the coin. image

    Nice job, Shamika, and congradulations! image

    jom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file