Home Sports Talk
Options

Well Mets made me miserable today!

kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
Pedro looked like an ace he made 1 mistake then k'd 12 batters going 6 innings on 3 runs.

Beltran 3-5 hr 2b 3 rbi's. reyes looked awesome. they hit the ball well the whole team did.

bullpen did good job 7th and 8th innings.

now i take you to the bottom of the 9th up 6-4. and our closer Looper the one bright spot we have in the pen. blows the 2 run lead in 3 batters 2 homer's. a 2 run shot. the a walk off one.

Only one game but offense looks very scary on this team, they are going to light up the scoreboard. just need bullpen help.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phils already up a 1/2 game on a team - YES! image
  • Options
    Sorry kuhlmann, but Dunn's been my boy everytime I've bet on cincy. Pedro and Beltran looked really sharp though.

Brian
  • Options
    Brian

What really hurt is i put 50$ on beltran over dunn in hits runs and rbi's. i knew when he came up mets lost and my 50$ flew out the window.
  • Options
    Looks like the old crew from football season is coming back to talk some baseball. Gotta love it. Good luck to all your teams - except when you're playing my Phils - LOL.

Steve
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Mets looked good today - Pedro is going to have a monster year for you guys...

This was only 1 game, and I bet Looper settles in the rest of the way and pitches well.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Mets on pace to lose 162 games this year!
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mets on pace to lose 162 games this year! >>

they just might with that bullpen image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    i put 50$ on beltran over dunn in hits runs and rbi's

you bet on a stat line?? that is sick .... and I like it!

I got the fever, as I just booked my Vegas trip!!!!!
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    1420 yeah it was fun i liked it more then betting on a game. when beltran got that single and rbi i was up by 2. then dunn nailed that in the 9th so i was doubled pissed!

axtell you want to wager on that? how about that bet i asked you about better record m's or mets. put in your sig line for a week.

better yet dont we play the m's this year? winner of that series wins the bet. what you think or you chicken?
  • Options
    So you wanna go season record or winner of the series Kuhlman?

• Options
    if we play one another which i think we do. winner of the 3 game set 2 of 3. ill put a mariners thing in my sigline, you put a mets.

deal?
  • Options
    Sure, sounds good to me.
  • Options
    Could be a big mistake Axtell. Kuhlmann is due to win an icon bet - Maybe. image
  • Options
    Turn Looper into a setup man and trade for Oogie from Detroit. Rumor is that he wants out in a big way. If Moto fails in Florida, the Marlins may go for Erbina and it will be curtains in the NL east.
  • Options
    Mets 0-2!!

The streak continues....
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    Are the Mets really opening 0-3 for the first time since 1964?

"The Mets haven't stumbled so badly at the start since they dropped their first four games in 1964, Stengel's third year managing a fledgling club that redefined losing. The Mets dropped their first nine games in the inaugural 1962 season, on their way to a standard-setting 120 losses. They went 0-8 and lost 111 a year later. By those measures, their 0-4 start in 1964 was deemed an improvement.

This one is nothing but trouble."

A bad omen Kmann.

Better get out the Cowboys jersey.
  • Options
    speechless right now! ill be at game saturday night in atlanta! tickets over dugout next to mets wives hopefully sitting next to anna benson image if we are losing looking at her ____ will make me happy!
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    LETS GO METS ! !

LETS GO METS !!
  • Options
    0 - 3! Maybe Seaver, Koosman, Gentry and Ryan from their 1969 World Series season can come out of retirement. image
  • Options
    0-3 and we'll still end up with a better record than the Philthies image
  • Options
    Phillies are also stinkin up the joint so far. image
  • Options
    Make it 0-5. Perhaps Pedro will win the first one Saturday against Smoltz so that Randolph can smoke his cigar. Smoltz was blown out of his first start.

Actuallly, the Nats are looking mighty fine.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    2-5 now! nice comeback today... feel bad for glavine cant seem to buy a win, they blew it for him but at least they won.

time to get on a roll! be back at 500 by 14 games!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    The Mets are going to be fine - they are a 90 win team all day long. Which, could actually make them the best team in New York this year...
  • Options

<< <i>The Mets are going to be fine - they are a 90 win team all day long. Which, could actually make them the best team in New York this year... >>

And where do you get 90 wins from?

That team was a mess last year, and all they did was add one bat and one pitcher...this is enough to make them improve 20 games over last year? Everyone on that team is a year older...just going to be ugly with those unrealistic expectations.

They will be lucky to get to .500 this year.
  • Options
    << That team was a mess last year, and all they did was add one bat and one pitcher...this is enough to make them improve 20 games over last year? >>

wrong my friend . This team has added more than just one bat and one pitcher

First off getting Mientkiewicz to play first was an important move for the Mets. Big upgrade defensively plus the guy has been hitting well so far this year

Just by moving Reyes back to short, where i think he's the best defensive player at that position in the N.L , is an upgrade from last year

The Mets have 2 guys coming off the bench this year that have already contributed so far . Miguel Cairo and Marlon Anderson. Both hitting over .600 so far

Roberto Hernandez is also a new player for the Mets that has looked outstanding out of the pen so far. He's pitched 3 games so far and hasn't allowed a run and got a W in one of the Mets games so far

We have Zambrano from the start of the year unlike last year. the guy can be wild at times but is a solid 3-4 pitcher in the rotation

Lets not forget about Benson who is a solid pitcher and should be back from the D.L very shortly.
  • Options
    dont forget about a full year from david wright at 3rd. this kid is awesome. a healthy reyes makes this team 100% better also. 7 games 7 runs scored.
  • Options
    Kuhl, good point. I'd knew you'd come around. I didn't forget that you were the guy that was upset when we traded Wiggington to make room for Wright.

What do you think about the move now ?

P.S Wiggy Sucks lol . Hitting about .160 so far
  • Options
    yeah we s@cked at 3rd base for so long now we have an allstar playing there. scary thing is we have a kid in aa ball aarom baldiris that can play also. and another kid in a ball who scouts say will be ready end of next year shawn bowman, could be better then wright. but any how we have trade bait for a good starting pitcher.

yeah i liked wiggy bc he played hard. but wright much better player thank god i wasnt the gm!
  • Options
    Yeah, keep believing you'll win 95 games this year.

When the all-star break rolls around and you're 20+ games out, will you still be claiming the Mets are going to the playoffs?
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with Axtell. Even though the Mets are vastly improved I'm not sure if they'll have the pitching (especially bullpen) to win 90. Even if Floyd, Reyes and Piazza stay healthy all year it is unlikely. The NL east as a whole is much improved this year making it much tougher on the Mets.
  • Options
    3 in a row baby

Not that we actually hit these pitchers hard or anything but winning games against Smoltz , Pettitte and Clemens was very important

Losing those 3 games and it would've been tough to come back from

• Options
    4 in a row now!! man reyes is looking like an mvp so far! this marlins series will be huge! lets take 2 of 3!!

you gotta believe we are looking great now!!!
  • Options
    HOW BOUT THEM COW ... oops wrong sport

LETS GO METS ! ! !
  • Options
    And they're still in the cellar!

Florida is clearly the class of this division....what pitching!!

• Options
    And your team is STILL RINGLESS !

You guys had Randy , Griff and Arod and STILL couldn't even get there

I'd worry about my own team if i was you lol
  • Options
    1.5 out tied with the phils! jealous axtell? you want reyes dont you? we will sweep your mariners!
  • Options

<< <i>And your team is STILL RINGLESS !

You guys had Randy , Griff and Arod and STILL couldn't even get there

I'd worry about my own team if i was you lol >>

And it's apparent YOUR team is nothing without Shaq. Miami is the best team in the East, and poor lil Kobe ran off any chance of him ever getting another ring.

How do you go from the finals to missing the playoffs? Have a diva superstar (aka Kobe) run off the best big man ever, and a HoF coach.

Yeah, real bright.
  • Options

<< <i>1.5 out tied with the phils! jealous axtell? you want reyes dont you? we will sweep your mariners! >>

No I am quite happy with Ichiro (the best leadoff man since Ricky's good days), Beltre, and Sexson.

Sweep? You trying to up the ante?
  • Options
    what the heck that got to do with the mets??? 4 in a row! back in it! come on axtell you can even give them credit?!
  • Options

<< <i>what the heck that got to do with the mets??? 4 in a row! back in it! come on axtell you can even give them credit?! >>

Give them credit? They're in the CELLAR behind the NATIONALS?

How am I supposed to think they'll do anything this year?
  • Options
    << And it's apparent YOUR team is nothing without Shaq. Miami is the best team in the East, and poor lil Kobe ran off any chance of him ever getting another ring.

How do you go from the finals to missing the playoffs? Have a diva superstar (aka Kobe) run off the best big man ever, and a HoF coach.

Yeah, real bright. >>

Ya i thought you'd duck that one !

I've seen my Lakers win 8 rings in my lifetime

How bout YOU ?
  • Options
    hes still waiting for the mariners to make the world series!! axtell when you get there im sure gemmy will run you through media day!

nevermind we will all be past away 100 years from now!
  • Options
    Kobe-

Unlike you, I didn't choose my team on the ones that have won the most championships. There's nothing more pathetic than a 'fan' who chooses their team based on how successful they are (read: Spammy10).

Kuhlman, I'll be a fan of the mariners even if they NEVER win a world series. That's what being a fan is about. Unlike you, and your hanging on to memories of 1986, I'll be proud to admit I am a fan even if they lose 100 games (oh wait, they did that last year).

• Options
    Kuhlman, I'll be a fan of the mariners even if they NEVER win a world series. That's what being a fan is about. Unlike you, and your hanging on to memories of 1986, I'll be proud to admit I am a fan even if they lose 100 games (oh wait, they did that last year).

Yeah ok i dont stick to my team when there bad?? been a fan since i can remember going to shea with my pop! yes 86 was a great year but i also enjoyed 99 and 2000. now it looks like they are turning the corner again lots of young talent. should be a nice 5-7 years for the mets.

axtell will have our day i think in june! may the best team win.

June 17-19 in seattle!
  • Options
    << Kobe-

Unlike you, I didn't choose my team on the ones that have won the most championships. There's nothing more pathetic than a 'fan' who chooses their team based on how successful they are (read: Spammy10). >>

Why is it people never find out the facts before they start spewing from the mouth. I love it when people talk sh*t without even knowing what their talking about .

First off how many rings did the Lakers franchise have before Magic got there ? I ask that because the day he arrived in L.A is the day i became a Lakers fan so what you said really dosen't make too much sense. If your logic was correct i would've become a Celtics fan at an early age wouldn't i ?

I guess i also jumped on that Met bandwagon in the mid 70's when they were one of the losingest ( is that a word lol ) teams in baseball
  • Options

<< <i>
    Why is it people never find out the facts before they start spewing from the mouth. I love it when people talk sh*t without even knowing what their talking about .

>>

The facts? You are 'kobecollector' and spout off how they lakers have won 8 titles in your life time. That tells me you (a) are a recent fan and (b) only care about the titles.

Funny, that you idolize a man who's seen rape allegations and had to buy off his wife with a 4 million dollar ring. And also has gone on to prove he can't win ANYTHING without the man Shaq on his team.

When will the truth come out? That you're a title fan, not a lakers fan?
  • Options
    << The facts? You are 'kobecollector' and spout off how they lakers have won 8 titles in your life time. That tells me you (a) are a recent fan and (b) only care about the titles >>

LMAO. Your the one who brought up the Lakers in the 1st place. Not me . **shakes his head ** Your something else bud

Im 35 and have been a Lakers fan for 25 years . Thats a recent fan ?

When you figure out what your talking about lmk and then we'll chat
  • Options

<< <i>Your the one who brought up the Lakers in the 1st place. Not me . **shakes his head ** >>

Uhm, who brought up the entire 'rings' thing and winning '8 titles in my lifetime'?

<< <i>
    Im 35 and have been a Lakers fan for 25 years . Thats a recent fan ?

When you figure out what your talking about lmk and then we'll chat >>

Well of course it's easy to sit here and boast being a fan for 25 years...hmm so that would be 1980, just conveniently when they won a championship.

I think it's you who should figure out what you're talking about. As it's apparent you even forget the drivel that you spout off.
  • Options
    << Well of course it's easy to sit here and boast being a fan for 25 years...hmm so that would be 1980, just conveniently when they won a championship.

I think it's you who should figure out what you're talking about. As it's apparent you even forget the drivel that you spout off. >>

I believe i mentioned when Magic left Michigan State and became a Laker i myself became a Laker fan instantly. Again im puzzled what your talking about