Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anybody Bought From CoinWorld Dealer John Paul Sarosi, Inc.?

124»

Comments

• tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I spent 3 years of my medical training in western PA. There are quite a few people there for whom wives, sisters and cousins could be one and the same image >>

....aw come on now, you grew up there and now you're just trying to cover. image
  • MowgliMowgli Posts: 1,219
    JPS was one of the first people I bought coins from. It was a rude awakening when I went to sell them. I had purchased a walker short set of MS 63 coins for my father from them via one of their Coin World ads. When I went to sell them after my father died the set was full of AUs and maybe one XF. The local dealers offered me $180 for a set that cost $695 (it was in 1996). I eventually sold them last year and still never recovered the cost. It was a cheap lesson but a good one that has served me well since 1996.
    In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
  • I bought a Seated dollar a couple of years ago from JPS. It was advertised as AU, with no other comments. When it arrived, it was technically an AU, but had been whizzed and the obverse rim filed and repaired. My first and last experience with JPS.
  • Wow could it get any worse? Last year I purchased two silver dollars from these jokers and both were advertised as MS-64; both came back from PCGS as "AU-Details" and one was cleaned! Since they were a 1921 Peace and a 1928 Peace, I lost my shirt both times. Two other coins that I also purchased from these idiots were a 1916 Mercury and a 1913 Type One Buffalo. Both were advertised as MS-65 but you guessed it: PCGS sent my order back and one coin was marked as "damaged" while the other was marked as "cleaned." WHATEVER YOU DO, IF YOU DECIDE TO DEAL WITH THEM GO INTO IT WITH AN OPEN MIND. DON'T EXPECT TOO MUCH. It's like marrying a somebody who is a serial killer. Don't expect them to change too much . . .

• DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

From their website (edited from a much longer statement):

It is with a very sad heart that I write this.

John was diagnosed with AML - Acute Myeloid Leukemia on July 1 and went to heaven on July 29, 2020.

He went into the coin business in 1974 and opened his first shop in 1979. I began working for him in 1980 at the age of 17 and I grew to share his love for coins and the "art of the deal".

He was my uncle, my work buddy and my best friend in the whole world.

The store and mail order business will run as normal - I always said... I do all the work anyway!

BUT I cannot possibly do all the work involved in keeping the C.A.M.P. coin show too. We both had a lot of fun with you guys (and gals) and I will miss seeing most of you twice a year, like clockwork. Thank you for the last ten years!

Kathy Sarosi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file