Home Sports Talk
Options

Detroit Piston Fans = No Class Idiots!!!!!!!!! Update!! The Fan Involved!!!

Geez!!! image

Comments

• Options
    Alright, one fan was out of control but Artest is an idiot.

-KHayse
  • Options

<< <i>Geez!!! image >>

I'm willing to bet that alcohol was the main culprit here. Yet it remains to be legal. Elsewhere on these boards, idiots keep saying that Bonds will hurt himself with steroids. Yeah, right.

They were all jerks last night, but alcohol was the main issue.

If the U.S. needed an enema, the tube would need to be shoved right into Detroit.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Artest got some liquid thrown on him.
    Kind of like when Arnold Schwarzenneger (sp)
    got eggs tossed at him before a political speech.

Artest invoked a riot. HE IS the main reason there
    was a riot in Detriot and should be kicked out of the league.
    Thank God no one got trampelled to death.

The Terrell Owens and Ron Artests should enroll in
    the Scott Rolen school of respecting the game.

Maybe Ben Wallace should enroll as well.

• Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    It wasn't just liquid it was the cup of beer. I don't think Artest should have gone in the stands but I can see why he would pissed. The best part for me was when the "tough" guy came onto the floor and Artest decked him, then O'Neal flat layed him out. Artest was wrong to go into the stands but that guy was wrong to come onto the floor and he got what he deserved.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Artest sucks, I don't know why anyone would actually have them in their line up, Wasn't this guy a top
    3 pick? Id love to see Artest and the NBA sued to the cows come home and then we can put that sport
    on the shelf along with hockey!

Ill make sure I put a few rocks in the bottom of my garbage can when Artest comes around to pick it up!

Without basketball these idiots are just all McDonalds workers or garbage men!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Geez!!! image >>

Is that a picture of the Indiana Pacers? Looked like them yesterday.......thugs. A bunch of rich thugs attacking fans. What a disgrace in sports.
  • Options
    First post here...that is the Indiana Pacers....
  • Options
    I think that is Artest, Jackson, and O'neal in that photo, getting ready to go into the stands after some fans......
  • Options

<< <i>Artest got some liquid thrown on him.
    Kind of like when Arnold Schwarzenneger (sp)
    got eggs tossed at him before a political speech.

Artest invoked a riot. HE IS the main reason there
    was a riot in Detriot and should be kicked out of the league.
    Thank God no one got trampelled to death.

The Terrell Owens and Ron Artests should enroll in
    the Scott Rolen school of respecting the game.

Maybe Ben Wallace should enroll as well. >>

Exactly. Imagine if Arnol would have started beating the crap out of the audience when he was egged, and then afterwards said "I was fighting for my life!!" Who would have believed him? Nobody. But he did not do that. Why? He is a professional.
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    > If the U.S. needed an enema, the tube would need to be shoved right into Detroit.

Megatron,

Go FXXX yourself.

-KHayse
  • Options
    If the U.S. needed an enema, the tube would need to be shoved right into Detroit.

Can't be any worse than than Chicago fans doing the same to one of their own after trying to catch a foul ball, that just so happened to cost your team a spot in the playoffs.

As a big Piston fan, I am ashamed at the way my fellow fans acted, and believe and will be happy to see criminal charges filed against them. The prosecuter said warrants will be filed after Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    Ben Wallace started the riot. Fouls happen on many plays in basketball. He shoved Artest and refused to calm down. Artest stood his ground for a second, then layed on his back with his hands behnd his head. That is about as far as you can go to get out of a fight stance. Then some arse hit him in the face with a beer. I don't think I could have took that laying down. And surprise. Ben Wallace is suspended too.
  • Options
    Who was at fault for starting the fight. ESPN News.
    Artest - 34%
    Fans - 49%

Looks like there are actual fans who can vote at what they actually saw and heard. image
  • Options

<< <i>Ben Wallace started the riot. Fouls happen on many plays in basketball. He shoved Artest and refused to calm down. Artest stood his ground for a second, then layed on his back with his hands behnd his head. That is about as far as you can go to get out of a fight stance. Then some arse hit him in the face with a beer. I don't think I could have took that laying down. And surprise. Ben Wallace is suspended too. >>

Wallace did not start the riot. The fans did, even the poll you looked up says it. How many fights have you seen in the NBA that spilled over to the stands with fans?

For a split second, everything between the two had calmed down, then the cup hit Artest. Once he stepped in the stands, that's when the riot started.

Fox sports has a story on it, that the suspensions will have already been decided. Why post a link, it will be on the news tommorrow.

But as far as Fox has it, it goes

Artest - 30 games
    Jackson & O'neal - 20 games
    Wallace - 5 games

If it's true, then even the league and their investigations show that Wallace didn't start it. Although, he sure as hell didn't act to prevent it.
  • Options
    Still, to me Wallace should have shot the free throws and stopped trying to fight. He pumped up the crowd pushing and shoving trying to get to Artest. Artest was pushed back to the officiating table where Wallace couldn't get to him. There Artest layed down on his back, hands behind his head. There's a reason Wallace is suspended indefinatly. And it wasn't because of a push.
  • Options
    are you kidding me? ron was laid back away from the table and that punk Ben Wallace had to get all pi$$y and throw his towel and arm band at ron...so your saying ben throwing things at ron is ok? just as long as it's not beer? Had wallace gone to the line to shoot his stupid FT's this wouldn't have happened...No he has to go and throw back rons neck (which is a very serious attempt)...ron artest provoking a riot? he had snapped...he had ben shoving him..trying to get to fight him...throwing things at him..then a fan point blank throws a drink on him and that put em over! anyone woulda done it! if you wouldn't you are a P U $ $ Y.... He goes and shoves a fan down...and then some other guy comes into help attack ron with a drink that's when SJax punched em for trying to mess with ron still...And that big black guy in the grey sweater (heard it was ben wallaces brother) was sucker punching fred jones...what a bunch of losers! I mean that type of crap is totally uncalled for! then some fan goes onto the floor to get artest from behind and he turns around n the guy pulls up..n rons jus like "You b ~tch" and decks em...and apparently he got up and wanted to charge ron that's why JO hit em...but I guess throwing chairs and stuff is ok? jumping over security to jump on players...unreal..you people blaming artest are out of your friggin minds...
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options

<< <i>Alright, one fan was out of control but Artest is an idiot.

-KHayse >>

One fan? Someone needs to go back to Pre-K to learn to count.

4000000 displaced Iraqi refugees * 655000 Iraqi deaths *
    4047 dead servicemen * 27104 wounded servicemen *
    Billions of dollars wasted ....

• Options

<< <i> Detroit Piston Fans = No Class Idiots >>

screw you jonesy, you're more squirley than your icon. One drunk ding-dong means we're all idiots eh?
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    The sad truth is the events of Friday night in the NBA is all our faults. You can sit here and argue all you want to point fingers at fan 1, fan 2, player A, player B and it all falls on our shoulders. We are responsible as fans for allowing it to reach this point. 40% of the players on NBA rosters have criminal records, think about that for a second. These young men were recognized as gifted athletes at a very young age, passed through high school, not disciplined as other students would be, given grades, money, idolized etc. They then went on to athletic factories, f/k/a as instituions of higher learning where once again their behavior was tolerated as long the "team" wins. Now they enter a league where the headline stories of the year are: 1) Kobe rape case 2) How can I feed my family on 7 million a year?, Sprewell 3) Can I have a month off to finish my rap album Artest.

We as fans are not part of the game, this homefield advantage, 6th man mentality, get in your face mentality, hate the other team view only contributes to what happened. As a fan as long as you defend your team, your college by saying winning is the most important thing to the exclusion of all else then you and me bear the burden of where the NBA and other team sports has gone. I remember someone in hear saying that nobody cares about graduation rates, criminal confictions and the such (are you listening Joe), then to say they should be treated like criminals is the height of hypocrisy. Quit watching the games, quit buying the sneakers for you kids, demand more from the folks in charge or quit blaming the product, we created it. Lose the in your face mentality that some of you so dearingly call smack. Quit idolizing the end zone antics, the chest thumpers, etc. They are giving you want you idolize and when they cross over the line you want to totally blame them. Time to take a look inside and examine what is really important, if not just "shut-up."
  • Options
    Hmm., lets see, Ron Artest just last week asked for time off to finish up his rediculous rap CD and they said no. Days later he gets himself suspended for a long period of time. I'm sure that wasn't planned.imageimage
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    HA! Plus he increased his street cred by brawlin. Doubt he'll be promoting his cd in Detroit though.
  • Options
    I wonder if that big fat dude with the Piston's jersey that got the beatdown on the court by Artest & O'neal will buy that CD?
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    He'll be buying the CD with the fat lawsuit he'll be winning.

• Options

<< <i>screw you jonesy, you're more squirley than your icon. One drunk ding-dong means we're all idiots eh? >>

All the ones involved in the fight were.
  • Options
    Looks like the fans will not be charged. That's fair!!! image
  • Options
    John Green of West Bloomfield Township was the fan who threw the cup at Artest, Gorcyca said. The prosecutor identified Green — a former next-door neighbor — by repeatedly watching footage of the brawl. He said footage showed that once Artest was in the stands, Green grabbed him from behind and sucker-punched him.

Green, however, told reporters he didn’t throw the cup.

“I wish the whole thing didn’t happen,” he said. “I’m sure the NBA players that got involved in it wish it never happened, the fans never wished that it had happened. I know I don’t. It was awful, it was ugly.”

Pistons chief executive Tom Wilson said Green is a season-ticket holder and will be banned from The Palace.

According to WDIV-TV in Detroit, Green has a long criminal record, including two DUI convictions, assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder and carrying a concealed weapon. The station also reported Green escaped from prison in 1989.

link

Now Again!! Who's the Thug Here????image
  • Options
    Nobody was arguing the fact that whoever threw the container wasn't a loser, but you tell me Artest, O'Neal and Jackson are not... They are worse than the stupid fan IMO.
  • Options

<< <i>we can put that sport on the shelf along with hockey! >>

Yes, a city so well deserving of a Stanley Cup Champion!!
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    One of the lessons you learn in journalism 101 is that there are different ways to headline a story depending on the message you want to get across. One might headlind this story something along this line "NBA player goes berserk after being hit by a cup thrown by a fan and proceeds to incite a near riot". Or, another headline might read, Drunken criminal element, former prison escapee, convicted of assault, on parole starts near riot at NBA game after assualting a player".

Regardless, I wonder if the same chain of events would have occured in Indy, Sacremento, Phoenix, Miami, Dallas etc. Get the picture?

BTW some congratulations are due Detroit, Camden N.J. passed them as the most dangerous city in the U.S., Detroit is only 2nd now.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    I can say those who fear Detroit should take a walk in Gary, IN or even parts of Flint, MI. I lived in Detroit for a few years. Sure, there's bad parts like most large cities but I would walk any part of Detroit before walking parts of those other 2 cities mentioned.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    What ticks me off the most about the recent Piston/Pacers game was that a perfectly good beer was thrown to waste. Come on David Stern! Where's the outrage?
  • Options
    >Regardless, I wonder if the same chain of events would have occured in Indy, Sacremento, Phoenix, Miami, Dallas etc.
    >Get the picture?

Yes, I'm sure the same thing would have happened anywhere else once an opposing player went into the stands
    throwing punches.

-Khayse
  • Options
    The Detroit Pistons play their home games in Auburn Hills.
    They do not play in Detroit.

Also, it is now proven that beer can insite riots.
  • Options

<< <i>What ticks me off the most about the recent Piston/Pacers game was that a perfectly good beer was thrown to waste. >>

Presumably we are talking about a mass-marketed American lager. I don't believe that would qualify as anything near "perfectly good". image
  • Options
    FREE ARTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!FREE ARTEST!!!!!!!!!
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    It ain't over yet!! image
  • Options
    > Yes, a city so well deserving of a Stanley Cup Champion!!

What the heck does that mean?
    Last I checked no one handed a national championship to the "deserving" city. It goes to the best, baby. The best!

Loser.

-KHayse
  • Options
    lol@the best...Detroit sure is looking like the best now! THE BEST!
    lol
    pacers have been without Jermaine O'neal,Sjax,Ron for a good while now and are still 10-6..yes that means they are near the top of the east! where are the pistons again?
    Thank you.
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    Chair thrower also a Con. What a surprise!! I guess Detroit has more Con season ticket holders than any other city!! image
  • Options
    Chair thrower also a Con. What a surprise!! I guess Detroit has more Con season ticket holders than any other city!!

WOW, 2 of them. What an outrage. Detroit is clearly a mess if they have 2 former Cons holding season tickets out of the like 20,000 seats.

LOL, like that's not common at a basketball game? Hell, the Pacers have more than that on their 12 man roster.

BTW Skippy, didn't they just dump like 5 in a row?
  • Options
    Why did Jermaine O'Neal get two counts of assault when everyone else got one? Has anyone heard a reaon for this? From what I saw he didn't do anything to warrant an extra charge over everyone else.
  • Options
    >One fan? Someone needs to go back to Pre-K to learn to count.

Stupid, the fan that threw the drink was out of control. The fans that smacked Artest when he came into the stands
    swinging at people and knocking people over were justified. Ditto for the ones that poured beer on Artest as he left.
    You attack fans at an away game and that's what you get.

Alright I'll give you two, the guy that threw the chair was an idiot too.

-KHayse
    ps I assume Oneal was given 2 because he attacked people in the stands and attacked the fan on the court.
  • Options
    O'neal apparently threw a security guard who was trying to restrain him. That's the second count I believe.
    As for the pacers losing 5 in a row...Indeed they have. But all games they where in minus the sacramento game. Take away ANY teams top 3 players and no way they would be faring any better. If the heat lost shaq,wade,eddie jones...would they win many games? what if the mavs lost Dirk,Finley,Dampier? or the suns lost nash,marion,amare? ON TOP of that add the injuries that we have dealt with. Would any team really be afloat? We are hanging in there. 1 month to go. Hopefully we get these suspensions reduced.
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    >Hopefully we get these suspensions reduced.

-KHayse
  • Options
    C'mon skippy. You were talking your smack a short time ago... Now it's only excuses. I guess I never expect anything more from you, but thanks for playing.
  • Options

<< <i>LOL, like that's not common at a basketball game? Hell, the Pacers have more than that on their 12 man roster. >>

The Pacers have no one on their roster with prison time.
  • Options
    The Pacers have no one on their roster with prison time.

Well it was intended to be more a statement of sarcasm, but should be a statement of fact considering their actions in the arena.
  • Options
    I guess Detroit has more Con season ticket holders than any other city!!

BTW, can you please verify where you have established the facts for this statement image
  • Options
    I have no room to talk...then again neither do the pistons. Did they just get run out of the gym by the hawks tonight? I think they did!
    damn...
    oh well...we gotta hang in there thats all!
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    I have no room to talk...then again neither do the pistons. Did they just get run out of the gym by the hawks tonight?

Yup, saw that and it is pretty pathetic. It's confusing how you can go from kicking the Mavericks a$$ one night to getting your own kicked by the lowly Hawks the next game. Inconsistent. Detroit undeniably had a strong defensive squad last year and that's basically what won games for them. It hasn't played as strongly this year. Their offense is pretty bad on many nights and when it's really bad, they cannot afford to give up more than 70...