Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A fool and his money are soon parted

uhhh...
I think this sums up all the braddick, snake, polls, etc.

If you're gonna go buy valuable antiques, (or coins or guns or anything else), you had better invest some time in learning about that in which you are planning on investing.

Otherwise - read the title of this post.

Comments

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A fool and his money are soon parted >>

I always wondered how they got together in the first place. image

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    I always wondered how they got together in the first place.

The Democrats.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Not if the fool keeps their moneys buried in an

empty mayonnaise jar.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I always wondered how they got together in the first place. >>

Here are some ways:

· Inheritance

· Practicing a lucrative profession that requires NO business sense. Have you ever wondered why they have to get hundreds of dollars a day for a hospital room that is not as good as the one you can get at a Holiday Inn for $75? Most people in the medial profession are not good business people. Send in a contribution some time, and see how long it takes for them to process the check. It can be outstanding for months, earning NO interest.

· Windfall profits from real estate and the like.

· Panicked people who are looking for a “safe haven” for their life savings. We saw a lot of that in the 1980’s
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

<< <i>Not if the fool keeps their moneys buried in an >>

<< <i>empty mayonnaise jar. >>

A HERMITACALLY SEALED mayonaise jar....... On Funk and Wagnalls' porch ? image
    Cam-Slam 2-6-04
    3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
    4 "YOU SUCKS"
    Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
    Seated Halves are my specialty !
    Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
    Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
    (1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
    IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I always wondered how they got together in the first place.

The Democrats. >>

Sad, but probably true.
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    Have you ever wondered why they have to get hundreds of dollars a day for a hospital room that is not as good as the one you can get at a Holiday Inn for $75?

If insurance covered hotel rooms, they'd cost $1,000 per day too.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Have you ever wondered why they have to get hundreds of dollars a day for a hospital room that is not as good as the one you can get at a Holiday Inn for $75?

If insurance covered hotel rooms, they'd cost $1,000 per day too. >>

Yep! Good one! Sad but true. If you take supply and demand out of the equation, the incentive to do things efficiently goes out the window.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

<< <i>Not if the fool keeps their moneys buried in an

empty mayonnaise jar. >>

Empty...Would'nt that suggest that there is no money in the jar? You tellin me he dug the hole and burried it without remembering to even put the money in there. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file