Comments

• Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you've decided to leave. image
  • Options
    By the way, snakes ARE amphibians, are they not? Though ANACONDAS are so big, they may be considered mammals????

Snakes are reptiles not amphibians. Cold blooded, sharp toothed, scaly, belly crawling reptiles who will swallow you whole without chewing.
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LeeG: Eventually you learn to focus on the posts and the posters who you find interesting and learn to tune out those that you find annoying.

There are a whole lot of postive and encouraging forum participants, and it's worth sticking around to discover them and form relationships with them. >>

imageimage

Think about it, Lee. I felt the same way, but I just learned to tune out the garbage. It takes a bit of effort, but it is well worth the trouble. Stick around.

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Think about it, Lee. I felt the same way, but I just learned to tune out the garbage. It takes a bit of effort, but it is well worth the trouble. Stick around. >>

Though even that's hard now with everyone walking on eggshells. In the last couple days especially, unless you post fluff, someone's going to get bent out of shape with what you say and take you to task for it even if it means distorting what you were trying to say or if it means "reading between the lines" and drawing inferences about what you write even where nothing was meant to be implied.

And if you post fluff, someone will insult you for wasting bandwidth and not contributing anything meaningful.

It's like more people are *looking* for a fight now.
  • Options

<< <i>[ ...............
    It's like more people are *looking* for a fight now. >>

You 're talking to me? I said, You 're talking to me?image

imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Dave >>

It's comments like this that prove that we have way too many morons posting here! >>

Hey I think if you would have been around here longer than a couple of months you would see a little Humor in Daves post. Also your Moron statement fits in very nicely.

Next time get it right though. Its Maroon instead of Moron. Of course on this one you probably do not have a clue either.

Ken >>

• Options
    Hey Ford Fairlane man. Moron is spelled correctly! Dust off your junior high diploma and look it up in the dictionary! Maroon? You've got to be kidding!
  • Options
    Quitters are what made this country great! image
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maroon? You've got to be kidding! >>

"What a maroon!"
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    When you grow up some more, come back. You are always welcome.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Ford Fairlane man. Moron is spelled correctly! Dust off your junior high diploma and look it up in the dictionary! Maroon? You've got to be kidding! >>

No Chit old wise one. Just maybe if you would have been around here a couple of years ago you JUST might catch the drift. Same as the statement Dave made. But NO you have been here a couple of months and use WE as if everyone agrees with your position.

I suggest you learn a little before spouting off next time about a member that has been here for quite some time. I dont give a rip about what you say about me but it does bother me when you call a decent member a Moron. Got It Maroon...

Take Care.

Ken
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Ford Fairlane man. Moron is spelled correctly! Dust off your junior high diploma and look it up in the dictionary! Maroon? >>

Must be new not just here, but to internet forums in general. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    mtnmanmtnman Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    Why would anyone want to quit. This is fun.image
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    See ya next week.
    These types of threads have always fascinated me.
  • Options
    The spelling of Maroon and Smoebody are signature

spellings associated with this Forum. If you dont understand

that, then that makes smoebody a maroon.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Why does everyone who leaves have to make

such a big deal about it. Do you want us to give you

a parade down main street?
    Camelotimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey Ford Fairlane man. Moron is spelled correctly! Dust off your junior high diploma and look it up in the dictionary! Maroon? >>

Must be new not just here, but to internet forums in general. image

Russ, NCNE >>

Oh well.....thats life here sometimes......image

Ford Fairlane Man with the Junior High Diploma.....how did that person know that ? image Really I thought that was sort of Funny

Ken

• Options
    I think that what Lee originally said was fair fodder. Unfortunately it has degraded into a cow pie slinging contest. We could go on all day bashing and insulting one another as Lee was and get our kicks. Maybe there should be an "Insult Forum". A slap happy side show!
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Actually the sad part when somebody has announce to the world that they are better than this forum or in any other setting, its an admission that they think they are better than the members and a indication that they let others control the state of their mind rather than themselves. Tis the nature of forums for one to try to judge the temperature of others, which is a fool hardy task, time is better spent measuring your own reaction.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    I think the last few days have been entertaining, not something to take offense about.

BTW, I didn't learn anything new. It just reinforced my opinion about lawyers - they can't be trusted.
  • Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed your posts, come back soon. you'll find out on your return that you really didn't miss much...sort of like a soap ophra image

I wish the moderators will next time require a handfull of members to instead take it outside into the chatroom. maybe put the key away until a few thousand words are done.

A member offends a small handfull with an explicit photo and the axe comes down...disrupting many members seems to warrant some administrative control.
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    Who started it with the Moron statement. Go look in a mirror and you will see.

Be careful who you insult around here. Better yet find out who you can insult and get away with it. Also Just Lighten Up a little. Hell this is a Hobby.

See Ya.

Ken

• Options

<< <i>..BTW, I didn't learn anything new. It just reinforced my opinion about lawyers - they can't be trusted. >>

imageimage
  • Options
    If we start taking ourselves too seriously

one could really raise the old blood pressure.

You go for the ride, then learn to enjoy the scenery.
    Camelotimage
  • Options

<< <i>By the way, snakes ARE amphibians, are they not? >>

• Options

<< <i>Why does everyone who leaves have to make

such a big deal about it. Do you want us to give you

a parade down main street? >>

I think it is called a temper tantrum, or they hope everyone will get on their hands and knees and beg them to stay. I say make sure the door hits you in the butt on the way out so you at least get something out of the experience. This forum is no place for the thin skinned, kinda of like the person who could not punch a hole thru wet piece of toilet paper with a baseball bat. If you read a thread you do not like hit the back button and find one you do like, if there are not any leave and come back tomorrow you never know what interesting little tidbit you will come across.
  • Options
    The Snake
    by Al Wilson

Album :
    Submitted by : jo
    Corrected by : q

On her way to work one morning
    Down the path along side the lake
    A tender hearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake
    His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
    "Oh well," she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
    "Take me in oh tender woman
    Take me in, for heaven's sake
    Take me in oh tender woman," sighed the snake

She wrapped him up all cozy in a curvature of silk
    And then laid him by the fireside with some honey and some milk
    Now she hurried home from work that night as soon as she arrived
    She found that pretty snake she'd taking in had been revived
    "Take me in, oh tender woman

Now she clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful," she cried
    "But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died"
    Now she stroked his pretty skin and then she kissed and held him tight
    But instead of saying thanks, that snake gave her a vicious bite

"I saved you," cried that woman
    "And you've bit me even, why?
    You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
    "Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
    "You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in

• Options

<< <i>If we start taking ourselves too seriously

one could really raise the old blood pressure.

You go for the ride, then learn to enjoy the scenery. >>

Yea and its a good idea to have thick Snake Skin, or to develope it, also.....

Ken
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    Unfortunately it has degraded into a cow pie slinging contest.

Heh. That really paints a picture. How long before this thread gets tossed to the jackals in the Open forum like a festering pig carcass?
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This forum is no place for the thin skinned, kinda of like the person who could not punch a hole thru wet piece of toilet paper with a baseball bat. >>

• Options
    You should have posted you farewell over here, baccaruda.imageimage
  • Options
    Some bashing is in good humor. There are about 5 on here that are just mean spirited, with very low self esteem. Don't let em in your head.
  • Options

<< <i>It just reinforced my opinion about lawyers - they can't be trusted. >>

Actually I think it has more to do with coin dealers than lawyers. image

Michael
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Dave >>

It's comments like this that prove that we have way too many morons posting here! >>

I agree Deb..... People should be more diplomatic like my grandpappy Puff who used to say "Iffin ya can't run with the big dogs then stay on the porch"!image

And I am not a moroon!image
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    You should have posted you farewell over here, baccaruda.

I didn't want to have to compete with this one.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options

<< <i>I think that what Lee originally said was fair fodder. Unfortunately it has degraded into a cow pie slinging contest. We could go on all day bashing and insulting one another as Lee was and get our kicks. Maybe there should be an "Insult Forum". A slap happy side show! >>

Hey Deb it's me again..... Grandpappy Puff always called them cow pies meadow muffins. That way it didn't sound like you had chit fer brains!image
  • Options
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (my best Lucy impersonation, no, not Lucy BOP, Lucille BALL)!!!!!! I didnt know that a snake was a reptile and not an amphibian (I should have known that from JR HIGH SCHOOL)...WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! People are now BASHING me.....THATS IT....I am LEAVING this forum....I have had ENOUGH!!!

LOLOLOL

See LeeG? I am a college educated guy, made a mistake (no good friggin' snakes, I KNEW I would step in it without actually doing my homework...but WAIT....isnt that what we do HERE?? Homework on COINS???).... now people are jumping on me for it...can I take it? OF COURSE....and the bashing is directed at ME!! Uh Oh........fuel for the fire?? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! LOL
    'My name is...... Shakezula, the mic rulah, the old schoola, you wanna trip, I'll bring it to ya.....'
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want me to give you information about a coin, pose your question.

If you want me to help you promote your latest get rich quick scheme by overcharging people for coins or making silk purses out of sows ears, you can go pound salt. If that's bashing so be it. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Naw, Bill its called being candid.
  • Options
    Like Bill said.......oh, and Bill, can you tell me the difference between an amphibian and a reptile???

(ONLY KIDDING!!)
    'My name is...... Shakezula, the mic rulah, the old schoola, you wanna trip, I'll bring it to ya.....'
  • Options
    That's a shame, but if we get too many in here it'll be overcrowded.image
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!
  • Options
    I understand your decision to walk away from these boards.

There is an inside clique that dominates and bashes any outsiders.

I say to hell with 'em. Speak your piece and stay to matters numismatic to the extent possible.

Some cross the line, and can be banned. There are some vicious folks here, but walking makes them the winner.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moron Smmmoron!

Hey Deb, bend over and I'll slap your ass too. And then you can thank me. Deal?

Dave

(edited to say "bend", not "bent")
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Clique or not, everyone on this Forum has got to be able

to stand up on their own two feet and offer an opinion, show

a coin and take a stand. If that makes you a minority of one,

so what. I been there many times and I am still kicking and ticking.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    OK, Goodbye.
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
    If people are going to leave over something, why not provide links to whatever threads bothers them so much?
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Just had a bad day. Too many good people and information here. My apologies. I hope to regroup from this and be a valuable contributor. Appreciate all comments positive and negative. Lee
  • Options

<< <i>Just had a bad day. Too many good people and information here. My apologies. I hope to regroup from this and be a valuable contributor. Appreciate all comments positive and negative. Lee >>

Next time just stand up walk to the door open it walk outside and yell. Come back in sit down and kick some arse.

You will feel better.

Ken
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>If you want me to help you promote your latest get rich quick scheme by overcharging people for coins or making silk purses out of sows ears, you can go pound salt. If that's bashing so be it. >>

Talk about hitting the bullseye!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file