Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

**** It's official 2004 Proof Platinum Eagle Set prices are made public ****

The price of the 2004 (from the mint) proof platinum sets will be $2500 bucks, up 25% from last years' prices.

What's everyone's opinion on this?

I'm not going to respond to bashing, it is what it is folks.

Like it or not.

I think this price increase will separate the men from the boys.

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At $856 platinum/oz - you have around $1,600 of metal in the set. Roughly a $900 premium to base metal. I suspect we may be looking at another low mintage year when all the dust settles, but, I could be wrong.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Who cares? You're full of bull....ion anyway!!! You should stick to what your good at...robbing the world's coral reefs of their natural resorces.image
  • Options
    FYI AnnuitCoeptis

I have never ever sold a single salt-water (marine) fish in my entire 18 years 10 months doing wholesaling tropical fish.

I would suggest you stick the broomhandle up your rear before I do.

I'm anti salt-water (marine fish and coral collectors) unless they are farm raised.

AnnuitCoeptis
    is probably another dumb redneck that couldnt afford a proof platinum set.

Heck that 2004 plat set is probably more than he makes a month. image

Hey Mitch dont you just love the spin?
  • Options
    Redneck? No...Phd in marine biology...You want to match brain pans webie? Good luck!!! And by the way. I don't collect anything newer than 1804!!! Not that you have heard of such coins!!!

BTW, your type has done more for the damage of coral reefs than so called "global warming" I don't really care what you claim about so called "fish farms". Where did they come from in the first place? All you eco destroyers claim the same thing. BIOYA!!!

Sorry to everybody else, this has nothing to do with registry sets, it's just something I feel strongly about and it hasn't been a great day!
  • Options
    imageimageimageimage
    was we not talking about proof platinum setS.!! I FOR ONE ,LOVE GOLD, AND PLATINUM .
    LITTLEJOHN
  • Options
    Really?

I have a Ph.D. in Ichthyology want to trade some terminology that only people would that work with aquatic specimens would know?

You want to match brain pans webie?

<<<BTW, your type has done more for the damage of coral reefs than so called "global warming">>>

FYI if you were a real Marine Biologist, you would know that Marine means (salt-water) something I do not do for a living.

I import 90% of all Congo Imports imported into North America, from the Congo river basin which also includes Lake Tanganyika.

The Congo is nowhere near a Coral reef idiot.

I have never sold a marine fish nor a piece of coral either dead or alive.

Marine Fish <<<< Fish that come from Salt-water >>>>>

Tropical Fish <<<<< Fish that come from rivers and fresh water lakes >>>>

FTFFA <<<<< Florida Tropical Fish Farmer's Association >>> Fish that are farm raised for the tropical fish industry which means <<<< fresh water fish>>>>>

That's how little you know what you're talking about.

So if you went to school for what I did, tell me where did you go to school, and who were your teachers.

Let me guess you cant remember the school, and your teachers are all dead.

Oh you have no clue to what my collection holds now do we?

I have coins you could only dream of owning, most are in the 1600 and 1700's

All have my pedigree something that your redneck ass will never have.

Figures that someone with 12 posts is going to come here and start crap with me.

Show us who you really are.

So far 4 of your 12 posts are about bashing me, you're the one that's looking bad.

You have zero clue as to who I am, I would suggest you do your research before thinking of matching wits with me.

Wait?! I know who you are now!!! It's Miss Russ!

• Options
    It looks like he does have pre 1800 coins. This thread was on topic until some 6 post person came on and started making accusations. Give Mr. Platinum a break.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    i would love to have that gold(1713mxoj)bad aimageaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssss on sorry my key got stuck.!
    littlejohn
  • Options
    It's not for sale @ any price.

(I've been offered 6 figures for it)

When I get into my 60's if I dont need $ to eat I'm going to donate it to the Smithsonian National Collection or the Spanish Royal Mint.

This coin belongs in an institution, not in private hands.

Let's see some of that newbie blowhard's coins.

I bet you the only coins he has is the pocket change he got from Jack in da box.
  • Options
    Here are more pre 1800 coins from my collection...

Who does this guy think he is, I have a broad collection of just about everything...

How did this thread go from 2004 Platinum Proof Prices to tropical fish and pre 1804 coins?

Hey blowhard do you have any coin from 1804? If you do I'll buy your 1804 $1 image
  • Options
    hi
    i am still a litte new to pcgs.when you send coins in to them.it saids-
    presidential review??
    what is a presidential review??it on the submission from.?????
    littlejohn

• Options
    The John Edward Combs Collections - The Number One Finest Set of All Time
    Liberty Head $10 Gold Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1838-1907)

Weighted GPA : 54.31
    % Complete: 7.26%
    Set Rating: 2.40
    but not so fine.!!
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
  • Options
    Pres Rev = DH looks at the coin.

Thanks Boom!
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps we could stop all the BS. Leo is trying to be real, as best he can. Can you all say the same? (I think you can do better...)
    Back to topic: '04 plat set prices vs. individual plat. coin prices: Leo, what do you think about this distinction?
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    It all depends on people's pockets.

Some people can only afford the 1/10 ounce.

I have one client that only buys the 1/2 ounce Proof Platinums.

If I was a collector of these coins I would personally buy a complete set.

Just take a look at the last 3 years, you'll see 1 ounce coins go from about $630 to $1345

The thing that bugs me, if the price keeps going up, why are the older issues not keeping up with the current prices, after all it is 1.85 ounces of bullion right?

Think of this folks, the price of a 1 ounce Proof Platinum 2004 is going to cost more than some of your Classic $20 Double Eagles in high grades, to think a modern current year issue coin is worth more than some of the classics, puts a big smile on my face. image

Imagine 100 years from now.

People will be hungry for these coins with super low mintages, they too will become classics.

And..... since most of these coins have my pedigree, generations from now people will still know my name...

• Options
    She is a beauty this year no doubt.

I had a chance to speak to Daniel Carr a while back, we discussed the Platinum 04 Proof design before it became public knowledge.

I also had a chance to look at several designs for the reverse of this year's platinum coins,

I'm happy they went with this reverse.

We'll Kids, I have 17 of these sets to buy for my personal collections.

This year is going to be tougher than last year, and will definitely separate the men from the boys.

If anyone wants a great set personally slabbed by me let me know I should have them within the next 6-7 weeks (graded).

I'll start taking orders for these after Sept.14th.

They expect this to be the lowest mintage of all, not to mention this might be the last year.
  • Options
    Man, that newb really pissed me off. I know I'm a newb here, too, but damn, that guy was way out of line. I KNOW I'm way out of my league financially with most of the collectors here, but you don't hear me ranting and raving about it or accusing people of things they have nothing to do with. That guy should step outside his trailer and get some air once in a while.
  • Options

<< <i>That guy should step outside his trailer and get some air once in a while. >>

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, the BEST reverse I've seen on these.

peacockcoins