Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who's Who in the U.S. Coin Forum

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm 56 years old, married 35 years this year, 3 children and 5 grandchildren with a 6th one due in Oct.

I'm a machinist, retired from Caterpillar Inc. with 30 years of service and now working full time elsewhere!

I've been collecting on and off all my life. I collect anything and everything that catches my fantasy!

Ken
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I'm 34 years old, work as a mental health therapist in middle schools, have been married for 5+ years, and have 3 weasels- as you can see by my photos...... image
    i started collecting when I was about 10, and lost touch with the hobby for many years. I've been back into it seriously for the past 5 years, and collect morgans, peace dollars, bust halves, cameo franklins, proof sets, ase's, and I'm trying to cut it off there!!
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    44 yrs young this year (October)
    Married 24 yrs this December to a beautiful Woman who puts up with my collecting habits, 3 kids (2 girls 23 & 10, boy 20)
    Purchasing Manager & Quoting Manager at a Precision Sheet Metal shop here in Southern Oregon. (16 yrs)

LINK

Built Aluminum Drift & Power Boats before that. LINK

Drive a bĨtchin' '69 SS350 Camaro (faster than Lucys Dodge:-) every day image

edited to add: Been collecting "stuff" most of my life. Coins seriously for the last couple years.
    #24 Lincoln Memorial Proof PCGS Registry set
    Raw Kennedy (business and proof) complete set
    Raw Peace Set (recently sold to a Forum member)
    Almost complete Raw Morgan set (minus 4 coins)
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    46 years young. Married for 22 years. 18yr old daughter, 15yr old son. I've been collecting seriously for about 7 years. Dabbled since I was a kid. My favorite pasttime is hiking/backpacking. FatMan is my trail name.

I operate a couple of businesses in the sportswear and textile industries.
  • Options
    I'm Steve Teagan (eBay = sjt*ucla), 54, from Burbank, Ca.

I'm semi-retired and am selling most of my coins to retire.

My Dad started picking 1943 pennies out of change when I was a kid.
    It was a small step to the old Whitman folders. Pop would give me a dime and take me to the laundrymat.
    I put the dime in the coin changer and got 2 nickels. Then the 2 nickels gave me a different dime....

I originally fixated on seated dimes in 1980 or so. I got discouraged as there are so many issues in that series.
    Also, strike irregularities gave me a headache. I had dimes that graded VF/VG.
    I got so frustrated I had to "make" a 1874-CC. I switched to Barber dimes.

I love the little darlings because they are exquisite pieces of art rendered in a precious media.

I'm hooked.

Steve
    Collecting XF+ toned Barber dimes
  • Options
    image My nickname is Eddie and I have just turned 65. I am a self employed commercial real estate appraiser and retired from State of Alabama. I became a collector of sorts when I inherited my grandfathers small collection of coins became a charter member of local coin collecting club in late 50's and lost interest in 1961. My son gave me a 1939 Walker PCGS PR67 for birthday last year and this got the old collectors blood flowing; however it is now a different ballgame and lots to learn. I am trying to build a good type set.

I don't understand how AuldFartte could retire at 55 from real estate appraisal business. Any tips AuldFartte.
    Eddie
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I just turned 40, been collecting since I was 6, but not serious untill I found this place a few years ago.

Started with small dollar items and then was turned on with a high-end IH. The road from there has been to research a series, wait for a nice common date in high grade to come along (buy it), then move on. Selling the small dollar stuff as I go. It's been a heck of a ride,, thanks everyone.image
    Need something designed and 3D printed?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file