Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

(resolved, nothing to see here)

Comments

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

The results are in and the winner is..........

ajia

Ernie was out in front early, but then the Hold on a minute email cost him the game.

The resolution - both parties ship their coins tomorrow by insured Priority Mail, Ernie includes the postage and SAE in his box.

By Tuesday, everybody is image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why does there even have to be a debate? No bid deal unless you want it to be one.
    >>

I agree, bringing it here may have done him more damage as a seller on eBay. >>

Si Senior'

Tomimage
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>Ernie's reply: Well then I will report you to ebay and to paypal as well as the athorities in your town. I am a power seller and I can get ebay and paypal on the phone in 2 minutes. I'm not playing games, you need to send it back asap.Ernie >>

Well well well, what do you know, here is the other side of the story.

Ernie, you're a jerk for using that line for intimidation, and the buyer has a point in regards to not seeing the coin he has already paid you for weeks.
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go ajia! I am totally on your side on this one!
  • Options
    ErnieErnie Posts: 30 ✭✭
    My response...

Per his post, and quoting his second email to me, his testosterone kicked in first with the "Let me get this right, you want me send this coin back & to pay shipment for YOUR MISTAKE. Sorry, doesn't work that way. "

Then we immediately get into defensive mode.

You never asked me to ship the morgan the same day as you shipped the commem. It is an option neither of us thought of. You never asked me if you shipped the coin back if you'd still get the perks.

You crossed the line when you filed a chargeback with paypal, unfairly.

Irregardless of all this mess, I will gladly send your coin to you tomorrow, with all the perks if you reverse the chargeback with paypal. I will even call them on monday morning to make sure there is no ill-effect on you or your paypal account for filing a complaint.

Deal?

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, someone brings a 1-sided experience on here and wants people to feel for them and castigate the other party.
    In this case, I am glad the 2nd party (Ajia) came on.

I think Ernie should send the original coin FIRST, PUBLICLY APOLOGIZE to Agustin here, and pull his over-inflated "Power Seller so do what I want" head out of his arse.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Thanks ajia for the other side. I hope those who rushed to defend this seller read the information you posted very carefully.

BTW, I have done business with ajia and find him to be 100% above board and a pleasure to do business with.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>I have an account rep and give them thousands of dollars in fees a month >>

Hope it feels good to know that you are better than us mere mortals. And I don't care how many account reps you have, if the buyer paid by credit card, and he does a chargeback, you are:

..........SSSSSSSSSSS...........................................OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...............................LLLLLLLL
    ......SSSSSSSSSS...................................................OOO......................OOO.................................LLLLLLLL
    ...SSSSSSSSSSS....................................................OOO......................OOO..............................LLLLLLLL
    ........SSSSSSSSSS................................................OOO......................OOO.................................LLLLLLLL
    ...........SSSSSSSSSSS............................................OOO......................OOO..............................LLLLLLLL
    ........SSSSSSSSSSS...............................................OOO......................OOO..............................LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    ....SSSSSSSSSSSS................................................OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........................LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

<< <i>to make sure there is no ill-effect on you or your paypal account for filing a complaint >>

Back when I sold virtual items (EverQuest items) from online games, I had several customers file fraudulent chargebacks after I delivered the merchandise. I was SOL on the money, but there was never any "ill-effect" on my PayPal account. A couple of times I even filed chargebacks on people whom I had bought something from, and they never delivered. Once PayPal ruled against me and my credit card company had to sock it to them. And still, no "ill effects."
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    Exactly as I thought. A total breakdown of communication during an e-mail exchange. Ernie, if this is how the exchange went you inniated the breakdown, maybe not intentionally, but you did. Ajia, you did an amazing job at controlling your temper in your responses. Many have broken straight into profanity. I commend you for not doing so.

Based off of Ernie's Original post and Aija's response. Ernie, I would suggest you immediately send the correct coin with the postage and "perks" and post an apology to us all for airing your dirty laundry in this forum . I have no doubt Ajia will send you your commemorative back to you. Perhaps, if you gave a tracking number they could cross in the mail.
    Member Steamfitters Local 614
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

It's truly funny, no make that truly sad, that people in this day and age are so wrapped up in their own little world that they refuse to try and teach someone else the correct or accepted way of doing things.
  • Options

<< <i>Irregardless of all this mess, I will gladly send your coin to you tomorrow, with all the perks if you reverse the chargeback with paypal. I will even call them on monday morning to make sure there is no ill-effect on you or your paypal account for filing a complaint. >>

Ernie, you're really showing yourself as a total jacka$$ here. Are you trying to say that you, oh eBay Powerscrewer, can cause trouble with PayPal for Augie? That is total BS. You did not send him what he paid for. What makes you even a bigger jerk is that I see Augie has bought a lot of stuff from you on eBay, and you can't trust him to send back this coin? Congratulations, I think you have just lost a repeat buyer.

Auction in Question

Augie, I would advise you to return the Vermont, and get a refund on the 96-S. That is no XF.
  • Options
    Hey Ernie, would you by chance be a partner with majorbigtime?

Tom
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791
    LOL....some of these threads are better than "General Hospital" marathon. Makes me want to go right out and buy stuff on E-Bay. "NOT"

"Can't we all just get along"
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Irregardless of all this mess, I will gladly send your coin to you tomorrow, with all the perks if you reverse the chargeback with paypal. I will even call them on monday morning to make sure there is no ill-effect on you or your paypal account for filing a complaint. >>

Ernie, you're really showing yourself as a total jacka$$ here. Are you trying to say that you, oh eBay Powerscrewer, can cause trouble with PayPal for Augie? That is total BS. You did not send him what he paid for. What makes you even a bigger jerk is that I see Augie has bought a lot of stuff from you on eBay, and you can't trust him to send back this coin? Congratulations, I think you have just lost a repeat buyer.

Auction in Question

Augie, I would advise you to return the Vermont, and get a refund on the 96-S. That is no XF. >>

It's always a good thing for people to illuminate the way they do business.

Tomimage
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Augie, I would advise you to return the Vermont, and get a refund on the 96-S. That is no XF.

Sounds like the best solution.
  • Options
    mojoriznmojorizn Posts: 1,380
    image:
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    think Ernie should send the original coin FIRST, PUBLICLY APOLOGIZE to Agustin here, and pull his over-inflated "Power Seller so do what I want" head out of his arse.

I disagree, I think they both made mistakes, nowead both sides.

Edited
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    mojoriznmojorizn Posts: 1,380
    Whhoops! That was supposed to be the popcorn emoticon!

mojo
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com
  • Options
    Things get out of hand all the time, just like when people make false threats to sue and contact a lawyer. He is intimidating me first so we replied in the same sense that he did and if you do not agree, reread his emails to me.

There is no secret that the bigger sellers have more pull with ebay and paypal, they want our money and it is a known fact. I think the board is taking the side of the regular member, and not looking at my side objectively, and that is why perhaps we do not participate here in the forums.

I will offer a public apology here to Auggie. I'm sorry forr jumping the gun. I will overnight the coin tomorrow, assuming the reversal is dropped.

As for the comments about the items we sell. 11,000+ feedback do not lie. Our stuff looks better in person and we have the emails, comments, and in some cases slabs to prove it. Yes, not everyone is going to agree with us on grade. Our pictures do not help that. For example, our FINES have full LIBERTY's even though the pic may not show it. People who comment on what we sell without seeing the coins in person are not being fair. We sell to lots of people and many are repeat buyers as well as board members here. We sell for many consignors, some are the same consignors who give items to the major auction services.

Edit - grammatical mistake
  • Options
    Edited, see post above

• Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

What ever happened to the Customer is always right? Ernie screwed up and should make this right.

I have done a trade with ajia and I found him to be very trustworthy. I would trust him to ship the coin back once he gets what he paid for in the first place. But I dont like how he has been dragged thru the mud for someones elses screwup image
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    "Ernie's reply: Well then I will report you to ebay and to paypal as well as the athorities in your town. I am a power seller and I can get ebay and paypal on the phone in 2 minutes. I'm not playing games, you need to send it back asap.Ernie"

That is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG!!! Shame on you Ernie. Be a big man & think big & don't try to act like a BIG BULLY. image
  • Options
    I am not trying to drag anyone through the mud. Just because someone buys something for $350, does not mean 2 weeks later they have immediate credit. I do not know the majority of my buyers, but I can tell you this, I have often times sent items on approval to people who have told me they are board members here. I am not going to name names but if they are here, they can chime in.

Auggie has reversed the chargeback, thank you and I will hold up my end and overnight the coin tomorrow.

If desired, and if no one trusts me, I will post the tracking # here.

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
  • Options
    Edited, see previous post.

• Options
    Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    Well, I put my foot in my mouth taking sides on this one based on ernies account.

<< <i>Ernie's reply: Well then I will report you to ebay and to paypal as well as the athorities in your town. I am a power seller and I can get ebay and paypal on the phone in 2 minutes. I'm not playing games, you need to send it back asap.Ernie >>

How nice. By the way, is that pvc on the reverse of that Morgan?

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Options

<< <i>
    Auggie has reversed the chargeback, thank you and I will hold up my end and overnight the coin tomorrow.

If desired, and if no one trusts me, I will post the tracking # here. >>

And the perks? And please do post it as I have a tracking number fetish.

BTW, I don't collect coins.... I horde them!
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

It's truly funny, no make that truly sad, that people in this day and age are so wrapped up in their own little world that they refuse to try and teach someone else the correct or accepted way of doing things.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Couldn't resist replying again.

Ernie YOU messed up by sending the wrong coin.
    The correct coin should have been sent ASAP--he paid for it.

Since he protected himself by the chargeback you are at square one again.
    Send him the money for the return postage and when you receive the coin let him know and he can resend the payment.

As others have said I can't believe how you treat a GOOD repeat buyer.
    I would have sent the corrrect coin immediately after his first email without any worry that he would cheat me out of the coin.

I still wish they had a blocked seller list---you probably would be on the top of the list of many. (edited to say seller)

I also sent the wrong coin once and immediately apologized for my mistake and sent out the correct one and told the buyer to keep the coin I sent in error.

Guess what happened?? Two days later I get another Paypal payment for the price of the wrong coin.
    Good service will always make good buyers.

Rookie Joe
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I'm a image he's a image she's a image

Wouldn't you like to be a image too?

imageimageimageimageimageimage
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options

<< <i>And why wouldn't he file a charge back?

I would never even consider a charge back while I had the wrong coin. Maybe I'm too nice, but the way I see it is if he sent the wrong coin back and then never received the right coin, then do the charge back. Not the other way around. Yea Ernie made a mistake, but he sent coins to this guy before, and now. It's almost like losing your wallet and the guy that finds won't give it back unless you give hime the money that's in it.

Dennis >>

Hehe, I can't wait until Bikingnut gets further along in this thread.
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burp.

All that popcorn caused me some gas.

Man, this has been a heck of a show.
  • Options

<< <i>I am not trying to drag anyone through the mud. Just because someone buys something for $350, does not mean 2 weeks later they have immediate credit. I do not know the majority of my buyers, but I can tell you this, I have often times sent items on approval to people who have told me they are board members here. I am not going to name names but if they are here, they can chime in.

If desired, and if no one trusts me, I will post the tracking # here. >>

Another case of "the dealer is never wrong"

Come on Ernie just say it
    "I WAS WRONG"

It only hurts for a minute and maybe no one will remember.

Rookie Joe

• Options
    Relayer,

You're killing me! image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm a image he's a image she's a image

Wouldn't you like to be a image too?

imageimageimageimageimageimage >>

As with your first post...thanks Relayer for making this all bearable for some of us. image
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options

<< <i>He emails us today telling us he got the wrong coin >>

This is what is just unbelievable to me. All these emails between the buyer and the seller and the original post here all blew up in less than one single day. Talk about acting in the heat of the moment and not taking time to rationalize the situation. Ernie, I don't know you from Jack, and maybe this one situation is an aberration but you seem extremely quick on the trigger.

Edited to correct spelling, as usual...
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    Of course the perks will be in there. I don't have a problem with that, and since addresses may be involved with the tracking #, I do not think it is a wise idea to post it here. I will email it to him.

As for making false threats, ebay buyers do it to us all the time, threating negative feedback, charge backs with paypal or their credit card, fraud reports on ebay, calling lawyers, "I am a lawyer", etc. We go out of our way to make things right. When we make a mistake we always give perks. Why is it ok for a buyer to threaten us, but when we threaten them it is a major crime?

We also send freebies to every and all our customers with their purchases, how many other sellers do that? We never ask our buyers for more money when the coin we graded ms-63 brown comes back ms-64 brown so why should we be required to refund money when it comes back ms-62 brown?

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe, I can't wait until Bikingnut gets further along in this thread.

• Options

<< <i> Why is it ok for a buyer to threaten us, but when we threaten them it is a major crime? >>

It's not ok for them to do it. Now let me ask you this, when buyers do it to you, don't you think they come off looking like laughable amateurs?

Just food for thought.
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options

<< <i> We go out of our way to make things right.
    GIVE ME A BREAK

When we make a mistake we always give perks. Why is it ok for a buyer to threaten us,

but when we threaten them it is a major crime? >>

SO YOU DID THREATEN HIM.

Cmon your almost there now: nice and slow now "I.... WAS......WRONG"

Rookie Joe

• Options

<< <i>We never ask our buyers for more money when the coin we graded ms-63 brown comes back ms-64 brown >>

Yeah, I'm sure that happens all the time. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It must be Friday night.

Ernie grade your coins right on ebay and come back here with your problems.
    More will listen. image
    Larry

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Yes Ernie I did reverse the chargeback......
    But I must say that I did this before I read ALL of your original post.
    Let me respond to them.

At this point, his intentions are clear, to defraud me and to keep my coin that he did not pay for.
    NOT AT ALL, JUST BEATING YOU TO THE PUNCH WHEN I FELT THREATENED.
    If paypal finds in his favor (they won't), he will have my coin and his money and I am now out the $185 coin, and the $125 he sent me, or $310.
    STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED WITH PAYPAL THAN FINDING IN FAVOR OF THE BUYER NOT GETTING WHAT THEY PAID FOR
    Am I not right in requesting his item be returned to me first? If I sent him the item he bought, and he does not send back the wrong item, I do not have any recourse with paypal. If he sends back the wrong coin to me and I don't send him his original coin, then he still has recourse through paypal (and is only out his return shipping to me), just as if I never sent a coin in the first place.
    AGAIN A TRUST THING. BY REVERSING THE CHARGEBACK I CANNOT REOPEN THE COMPLAINT....I AM TRUSTING YOU TO SEND THE RIGHT COIN THIS TIME.
    Doesn't this guy have a conscience or any morals? He is intentionally cheating me now that he filed a charge back.
    I THINK I DO, AS DO SOME OF THE MEMBERS HERE!
    I am still willing to honor my original offer if he immediately reverses the complaint with paypal, and sends the coin back.
    STILL THINKING YOU HOLD ALL THE CARDS! I PRESUME THIS MEANS THE REFUND FOR SHIPPING & AN SAE?
    Otherwise, the details and names will be posted here and Monday I am on the phone with PayPal, eBay, and the USPS Postal Inspectors.
    BEAT YOU TO THE PUNCH AGAIN! AIRED THE DIRTY LAUNDRY MYSELF. WHAT RECOURSE WOULD YOU GET FROM PAYPAL, EBAY & THE USPS P.I.? I HAD NO PROBLEM RETURNING THE COIN AS LONG AS WE SENT THEM TOGETHER! WOULD THESE ENTITIES WOULD TELL ME I WOULD HAVE TO SEND FIRST, WAIT FOR YOU TO RECEIVE THE COIN, THEN YOU WOULD SEND THE MORGAN.
    I realize I made a mistake and we are more than willing to make it right + extras, but this guy is being unrealistic.
    WAS I SO UNREALISTIC?

I know I've been longwinded, so let me end it with this:

Eric, I will go through with the deal. I saw the picture of the coin I bid on it. I will be bummed if it comes back F or VG, but that's the chance I took. I must say I'll be p*ssed if it BB's.

Bikingnut, WTF? It's not like Ernie has nothing. He still has the money I sent for the Morgan. I file a chargeback after what I saw as a threat. Maybe you would have waited for Ernie to file a complaint with everyone, but I didn't.
  • Options

<< <i>Eric, I will go through with the deal. I saw the picture of the coin I bid on it. I will be bummed if it comes back F or VG, but that's the chance I took. I must say I'll be p*ssed if it BB's. >>

Augie, it won't grade that low. It appears to me to be in the VF25-30 range. I don't see it making XF unless you send it to PCI or NTC.
  • Options
    aija

Your too kind and I think you will be disappointed with the coin.

Hope I am wrong and I wish you well with this coin.

Rookie Joe

• Options
    both parties were wrong - letting their over-inflated male egos control reality. It was definitely wrong to file the complaint with Payal, and I sure didn't like the Power Seller threat either. It appears that things are being worked out now.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    Wow- if this is the kind of firestorm that can happen over a $125 coin, imagine the kind of drama that can happen over coins worth 4, 5, or 6 figures......
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think that the membership in general will simply side with one of its own unless they genuinely believe that its own is in the right. I've seen too many instances where the membership will voice disapproval to one of its own, albiet in a nice and constructive way (initially).

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    It didn't dawn on me when Ernie first posted this thread, but in retrospect, I think it wasn't a fair thing to do. I think he posted this thread to apply pressure on Augie. Now I have certainly had my problems in a few transactions over the years, but I would never make a post like this. By airing it out in public, you just create a lot of animosity. I think Ernie really shot himself in the foot here.
  • Options

<< <i>both parties were wrong - letting their over-inflated male egos control reality. It was definitely wrong to file the complaint with Payal, and I sure didn't like the Power Seller threat either. It appears that things are being worked out now. >>

Neptune I still don't understand.

aija won the auction and paid in timely manner.
    He still hasn't got his coin.
    If I was aija I wouldn't do anything until I received MY coin.

Rookie Joe

I think I was a powerseller too. image

• Options
    NoGvmntNoGvmnt Posts: 1,126
    Ernie, you are aware that there was a HUUUUGGGGE GOUGE on that Vermont before you sent it, right?image

Jim
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    This thread should have never been posted in the first place. I will never understand why someone thinks they need to post in an open forum to discover what the ethical thing to do is. If you screwed up make it right and if you don't know what is right reverse the situation and put yourself in the other person's position.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file