Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What's the coolest COIN RELATED item you own?

13»

Comments

• Options
    My fathers Hasting Triplett loupe. The man carried it for 50 years before he died.
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    An elongated coin type set from the 1893 World's Columbian Expo. (not completeed yet)Related to that is a bunch of tickets issued at the fair for rides, food, and shows.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minelab Explorer XS with Killer Bee headphones, Tesoro Sidewinder:

Don't buy 'em or make 'em. Find 'em! image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By far my antique coin cabinet...

J
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For you Buffalo collectors - the 1913 Buffalo Nickel Belt Buckle.

Just wear this to a show with a cowboy hat and boots and those dealers will REALLY know you mean business!

imageimage
  • Options
    btmoore9btmoore9 Posts: 352
    Shamika...you are absolutely right! I keep his old coin collection because it was his and I think it's cool to think about my dad when he was a kid...doing his litte collection image. I also have my great grandmothers diamonds and rubys image. They were passed on to my mother when she and my dad married and they had their jeweler make a wedding ring using those stones.....my folks divorced 23 years later and when my husband and I married the ring was passed on to me image. It's value is about $4500. Not major huge value but still a beautiful ring and I would never part with it because it is something that still keeps me connected to both my folks because the jewels were my dads grandma's.
    Live like you were dying.
    -------------------------------
    Bridget
    ----------
    (My beautiful children!!)
  • Options
    carlcarl Posts: 2,054
    I have a pen holder with 2 dimes and 6 pennies embedded in it. The coins are all 1959. I made the thing in 1959 out of liquid plastic, the coins, three penn holders. I made it for a girl that I thought I'd someday marry. The day I was going to give her the thing, she showed me her brand new engagement ring from someone and it wasn't me. So I kept the pen holder right here at my desk since then and not sure why. I think someday I will go looking for her and give her the stupid thing. I don't even remeber why the type or quantity of coins anymore.
    Carl
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The day I was going to give her the thing, she showed me her brand new engagement ring from someone and it wasn't me. >>

Carl,

It's her loss (and I'm not talking about the coins)!!!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options

<< <i> I have a check signed by ANA founder George Heath >>

Great fonts!

• Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979
    I have the Stacks Auction Catalog for the 1933 Double Eagle sale of 2002. Recently purchased from a forum member.

Also, this Pan-American Expo souvenir (center) is a pretty cool 1901 item. Found in my Great-Aunt's belongings many years after she died (with the other 2 coins shown).
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    xbob,

That Pan-Am token is probably worth a pretty penny.

• Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979

<< <i>xbob,

That Pan-Am token is probably worth a pretty penny. >>

From a little google research, I found one for sale somewhere for $40. So I guess it's worth 4000 pretty pennies image
    Original price in 1901, 2 cents.
    I was hoping it was worth more, but it's a keeper for me anyway.
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Watching my current bal owed go down image
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    At request, I was asked to post a picture of some of my elongateds. Here is one. I'll start another thread with LOTS of pictures.

Here is an elongated 1892 Barber Quarter from the 1893 World's Columbian Expo.
  • Options

tmot99,

I don't see any pictures. image
  • Options

<< <i>I have a little bag of silver dust from the federal reserve, probably dated to when they traded the dollars for silver. >>

arlea1957, thanks for sending me an image. I've displayed it below.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file