Home U.S. Coin Forum

M C C S Coin grading????

Who are MCCS,there being sold on Ebay??? ,also there are guys selling certified coins in Coin World Holders (Rocky Mountain Coin grading) and on there website they claim there a expert wittness for the courts on coins and coin grading if it the same place

Coin World holders are only seal with tape only and you can pop them open and change out the coin,I like to see this stand up in court,it a pittyimage

Comments

• These "do it yourself" grading companies seem to be popping up quite a bit lately.

I can only imagine how much the SGS guy is raking in with all of his ms-70 and pr-70 coins hes been selling.
  • I'd be wary of MCCS. We have seen known Ebay fraudsters peddling the MCCS brand.
    Realtime National Debt Clock:

• They rank way down there with T.C.G.S. (Twentyfirst Century Grading Service).
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They rank way down there with T.C.G.S. (Twentyfirst Century Grading Service). >>

It's funny -- and yet appalling -- that so many of these questionable slabbers try to have names as close to "PCGS" and "NGC" as they can get them without being sued...

• Link

Note the cheap AOL user account website, the photoshop'd beard on the guy and the changing hairstyles on the woman.
    Link
  • Do you guys recommend M.C.C.S. coin grading for my PCGS rejects?image
  • I think MCCS or TCGS was sponsoring the Bad News Bears when Chico's Bail Bonds went belly up. image
  • MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    The only ebay seller I've seen dishing out MCCS coins has been coinmovers...... has anybody seen other sellers with these?? image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Diane at DeeVeeCoins speaks very highly of MCCS. She's a very nice woman with an excellent Feedback rating. I bought a beautiful 1962 Franklin from her. She says the owner of MCCS is an expert at grading Franklins. I'd buy again. Lee
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Diane at DeeVeeCoins speaks very highly of MCCS. She's a very nice woman with an excellent Feedback rating. I bought a beautiful 1962 Franklin from her. She says the owner of MCCS is an expert at grading Franklins. I'd buy again. Lee >>

Please tell me you're kidding. If you want a coin that is accurately graded and has resale potential, MCCS isn't the place to go. There are plenty of sellers with good feedback from uninformed newbies who think they've gotten a good deal. You don't know how many people are burned and don't know it.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Ebay feedback means nothing about grading and how consitent a company is. I would be leery of any company that has 1 grader.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Checked the TCGS site--Their fee schedule mirrors PCGS--so this sure ain't no economy service!
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few MCCS coins on their way from Diane at DeeVeeCoins (yes, she is very nice). They for my "slab type set" (i.e. I do not care if the grading is accurate for this set). I like the novel shape.

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.

Can't help but notice an unfortunate similarity, though...

imageimage

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.

Can't help but notice an unfortunate similarity in shape, though. Hope it isn't a subliminal clue...

imageimage

(Actually, I think the shape of the holder is rather neat, myself. Looks sorta like an ANACS capsule with rounded edges. Seems rather impractical, though.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>These "do it yourself" grading companies seem to be popping up quite a bit lately. >>

Just remember PCGS, NGC, ICG, SEGS etC. were all once a "do it yourself" grading service. And unlike most of the current "do it yourself" sevices, this one is not using a readily available generic slab such as a Capital Plastics holder or Coin World slab. They have gone to the expense of having a custom slab created and that's not cheap. So they are throwing some real money at this which should grant them a smidgin of respect.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file