Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American opinion on darkside

F117ASRF117ASR Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭
Hi guys. I have been a U.S. only collector for a good time now but recently I went on the canadian mint site to see how much their gold maple leaf cost. Anyway I stumpled upon this ad thought it looked really cool. I'm not really a sucker for odd coins but this one is really neat. I know the price is rediculous considering its 1.1 ounces of silver, but I imagine that it is kind of hard to make holographic coins. Anyway, I want to hear the side of U.S. coin collectors on whether or not I should buy something like this., or if you have ever had the desire to buy a foreign coin.
Beware of the flying monkeys!
Aerospace Structures Engineer

Comments

• Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Looks pretty cool. If you like it.....Buy it.

Its not against the rules (I looked in the US Coin Collector Rule Bookimage) to buy a darkside coin that you like.
  • Options
    Hi,

If you like it... buy it, that’s what collecting is all about.

I have many darkside ancients and old English hammered coins... wonderful history behind them, great artwork, affordable and ya know what... My Morgan's didn't get a wee bit jealous either!!!

Anthony

My cool old Ancient Darkside Roman Coins
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Thus it begins again......

Beware of the Hotel California effect
    Once you turn to the darkside, forever it will dominate your path! image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    That would definitly qualify as a Darkside piece with them 6 month nights and northern lights but isn't Canada like the 58th State or somthingimage, buy whatever strikes your fancy, I have and never had any second thoughts, because it only has to please me.

Eastside

Promote the Hobby, lest we return to the days of Cardboard
    Promote The Hobby and Make it a Positive Experience for all, Remember That this Hobby Can Be Fun & Profitable & Profit is Always FUN
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. Spoken by somebody who stays in the Presidential Suite of the Hotel California. (I have a room just down the hall.)

Darkside coins blow Liteside coins outta the water for value (by this I mean "bang for your buck").

But Canadian coins are GREYside. "Diet Darkside", so to speak. Half the carbs. They're Dark, but not as Dark. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file