Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fairy Tales of Coinalot -- The Coin...um-- Cat.

In the Kingdom of Coinalot, the legend lives on from the Chippewa on down of the big cat they call The Coin Puss-y. The story goes that The Coin Puss-y would visit the children of Coinalot at night, going through their coin collections, and removing the harmful coins that had been tampered with. Thus, saving the children heartbreak and embarrassment. Many thought The Coin Puss-y was a myth, such as little Karl of Dork. But one dark dorky night his thinking would be changed forever....

Not yet asleep in his bed, little Karl of Dork hears a scratching at his window

Little Karl of Dork: (sitting upright) Why... who could that be?

A Voice from outside the Window: Who could it be? Why it would be me! Let me in! Let me in! And it's me you will see!

Karl of Dork: (frightened) But just who are you? You scare me, you do!

The Voice: I've come in the night--to make your coins right!

Karl of Dork: Please go away! My coins are okay!

There is a sharp CRASH! as an intruder breaks through the window... a large Cat stands back-lit in the room

Karl of Dork: (pulling his blankets up) Oh... my!

The Cat wears a festive hat, with coins dangling from it. Rumor was at one time he had been the house cat of evil Lord Marcovan--but this could not be proved. His coat is so worn it appears to be whizzed or polished, and his pantaloons are of garish multicolored breech cloth. Bowing at the waist, it speaks:

'Tis I young Dork! -- The Coin Puss-y!!!

Karl of Dork: (trembling) Why are you here? You fill me with fear!

The Coin Puss: (smiling) Your trap--please shut it--just for once. You don't know coins--you little runt. So I have come in dead of night, to set your coin collecting right!

The fearsome feline grabs a box of Karl's coins. He holds one up

The Coin Puss: Well! Looky here! I say to you, this coin is rubbed and AT'ed too! It's lasered, plugged and even whizzed!!!! You must be kind of stupid... kid.

Karl of Dork: (shrieking) MOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

The Coin Puss: Your mommy cannot help you now! But, I can help--I'll tell you how. By taking your coins out by the load... and dumping them in yon commode!

Karl of Dork: Are you talking in rhyme?
The Coin Puss: Yeah... kinda.
Karl of Dork: KNOCK IT OFF!
The Coin Puss: Your wish, young sir, is my command. I extend my paw, in lieu of my hand.

Karl of Dork: (jumping out of bed) Who died and made you King anyway?????!!!!!!
The Coin Puss: King ArtR?
Karl of Dork: King ArtR's still alive!
The Coin Puss: If you must know, a bunch of the Knights got together and have tasked me with this job. Because I know coins better than you!
King of Dork: (stomping) I DISAGREE!
The Coin Puss: Yes, you're quite disagreeable.
Karl of Dork: Am not--
The Coin Puss: --Are too!
Karl of Dork: (poking a finger in the large cat's chest) I don't need you or anybody else telling me what to collect!
The Coin Puss: Quick question---?
Karl of Dork: WHAT!!!???
The Coin Puss: Years in the future... when they invent plastic... do you think your coins will be good enough to be encased in it? Well... do you, little Dork?
Karl of Dork: ....I don't understand.
The Coin Puss: The Sorcerer Askari has been to The Future. He said all coins are viewed through plastic. If your coins aren't worthy of being viewed through plastic then they can take a ride in The Royal Dungwagon. So... give me your coins! They all suck. Remember The Coin Puss-y is here to protect you!

Karl of Dork: (pouting) Have you been to Little Legend's house yet?
Coin Puss: Don't have to. All her coins are fine.
Karl of Dork: But some are dipped!
Coin Puss: Perfectly acceptable.
Karl of Dork: SEZ WHO??????
Coin Puss: (Bowing and making off with Karl's coins) Me! Your local Coin Puss-y! Avior, le enfant terrible!!!!!

The Great Cat, slips out the broken window and back out into the inky black night

Karl of Dork: (Hysterical, leaping up and down on his bed) DIPPING IS DOCTORING!!!! DIPPING IS DI--DI--DIPPIN----ARRGGGG---DIPPING GOSH DANG DING DIP-----

Next door in their Castle bedroom, The Squire of Dork and Lady Dork are awakened by the noise

Squire Dork: It would seem the lad is having one of his fits again, m'lady.
Lady Dork: Shall I go in this time?
Squire Dork: No... I'll do it (he raises himself out of bed)
Lady Dork: M'lord.....
Squire Dork: (turning) M'Lady?...

Lady Dork: Spare the rod, spoil the child!

Squire Dork: (grinning broadly) Yes, m'lady!
Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file