Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Truly amazing rainbow target toned 1888 Morgan Dollar!

Comments

• Options
    TonedCoinTraderTonedCoinTrader Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭
    Gorgeous!

Toned Coins for sale @ tonedcointrader.com
  • Options
    Oh yeah image
    J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Russ,
    Not trying to be a party pooper, but is that coin in a PCGS holder?? Maybe your photo is off a bit, but the purple raises questions.
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
  • Options
    JoeCool
  • Options

<< <i>Incredible, isn't it? >>

Why? If it was a Peace $, then it would be incredible. Toned Morgans are a dime a dozen! imageimage

Michael
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    It looks AT on my screen.
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    I have one that is very similar and it is in a PCGS MS64 holder. My camera is on the fritz right now but I did take an image
    of it using a loaner Nikon 8700, which BTW, I had a very hard time using and don't recommend for coin imaging purposes.
    The blue toning around the perimeter is a very electric blue to purple while the center has a square patch of russet toning.

imageimage

Are they both AT? Are they both NT? Or, since mine is in a PCGS holder it must be NT. Right? image
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    How much?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd share Cammie's baby picture:

At least it's genetic and not learned behavior.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Sir sm1 won't allow that bird pic either.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options

<< <i>Sir sm1 won't allow that bird pic either.

Cameron Kiefer >>

Must be some kind of animal hater.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sir sm1 won't allow that bird pic either.

Cameron Kiefer >>

Cameron.
    PISS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    cam

how about this?

• Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    I have one like that in a PCI holder and showed it to tons of people, including this board a good while ago..........everyone concluded it was AT.

I like it just the same and paid next to nothing for it....so who to heck knows.....images are hard to get for me now, but i will try to post
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How DO you guys posts birds and buns in these messages????

BTW, Jewellustre might clean some of that stuff right up image
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    hope these turn out. I like the die breaks better than the toning lately.

Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    Did you buy it from Katz Coins?

GSAGUY
  • Options
    BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭
    Russ, that 1888 Morgan just screams AT to me.
    TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you buy it from Katz Coins?

GSAGUY >>

Not related image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options

<< <i>Russ, that 1888 Morgan just screams AT to me. >>

HMM...it only whispers it to me. Maybe I should turn up my hearing aid. image

Yeah, it's shake 'N bake - pretty obvious shake 'N bake at that.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    AWwwww you mean mines not real either..........darn.

Hey, but mine has some nice bright green spots (pvc for sure) that are only visible with a 17x loop.........bet yours doesnt have that Russ........

And i didnt even get an offer on it.....hmmmmm
  • Options
    NewmismatistNewmismatist Posts: 1,802 ✭✭
    Hmmmm - looks a little "baked"
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Russ, you've posted that image before and my opinion hasn't changed. And as you say, shake'n'bake, or a tonecoin2003 special, or whatever he calls himself now. image
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    that toning's so artificial, it was probably used as a breast implant.

K S
  • Options
    looks like someone took blueing for guns and did up the coin
  • Options

<< <i>Russ, you've posted that image before and my opinion hasn't changed. >>

Actually, this is the first time I've posted that image. Same coin, though, just re-shot it to better show it's full glorious magnificence.

<< <i>tonecoin2003 special, or whatever he calls himself now >>

Not one of his. Bought it at a show almost two years ago from a somewhat less than scrupulous dealer.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

I bought a morgan from a bank demolition auction. It has toning on it but not the rainbow. It was grade ms66+ from NNC. I know they arent the greatest but they wouldnt grade a fake coin would they?

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to forum . Likely not fake but the grade may be a bit off.... Miss the posts by Russ .This is a old one

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got to get in the habit of checking the post date before I begin reading. Lot of this going on right now.

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2021 5:31PM

@TomB said:
    Why would you dig up a 17-year old post, which has little to do with your question, for your first thread?

Yep, and from a much, much, much loved but gone forumite ….. though perhaps @LDean wouldn’t know that …. and perhaps the Morgan mentioned is an 1888 ….. just thinking best case scenario here …..

@LDean , a coin slabbed by NNC will be considered the same as raw by the vast majority of the coin marketplace today. Cheers.

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that you, glicker?

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LDean... Welcome aboard.... Pictures would help. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, at least this guy USES THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ms70 said:
    Hey, at least this guy USES THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

i'm not being argumentative but it is possible some of the duds landing here on the forum are coming from engines or other peculiar methods. been happening for a few years now across all sites ive no idea where they are coming from. (meaning some or a lot of them may not be legit interested members using the search function) although sometimes it does seem a bit easier to use an engine as members have said a few times over the past decade since i joined to find esoteric threads.

having said that i am ALL for people using the search, especially when its working properly. :smiley:

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just checked. I’m still wearing the same socks when this thread was first generated. Some day I’ll take them off and wash them.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file