Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

$110 extra per month for coins...

2»

Comments

• Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    third day without a smoke today image Haven't bragged to the wife yet, I'm anxious to see how long before she notices no cigarette butts to pickup

the big test will come tomorrow when I head out to work,

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    Good luck guys... my dad smoked for 30 years... he tried everything from cold turkey to the gum and the patch and nothing worked... finally, he had to go into the hospitol for three days for unrelated surgery... that and morphine on demand broke his addiction... now he spends his ciggie money on going hang-gliding... image And I must say, Hang-Gliding is much better for his health than cigs... and fun too... if you've never gone, it's grand fun image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Hey Brian, how about an update? How are you doing?

Rgrds
    Tom
  • Options
    I started when I was 12, and I'm 46 now. Stil around 2 packs a day, plus the wife smokes around 2 packs a day. Even though smokes are a lot cheaper here than other places ($23/carton for Marlboro), that's still a bundle we could save.

I don't know how many times I've tried to quit.

Good luck!
    Bill Ferguson
  • Options
    CherwoodCherwood Posts: 1,073
    I quit for my first time a year ago April 6th, and I didn't smoke for 6 months. I started sneaking a cig here and there and now I smoke as much or more than I did before I quit. image
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    I am on the very verge of quitting myself - and hubby too. I have prescription for something - forget the name .............. any tips would be appreciated.

My Dad was a Pall Mall red smoker, and died from it on Memorial Day '02. My Mom is now on oxygen - she smoked the same thing. I started stealing them when I was in early teens - strong stuff - no filter.

They were both in intensive care - hospital - on the iron lung - at same time - she made it ..... he didn't.
    What a waste.

It's not worth it! I want to quit, but just can't ........... it's killing me, too - I know it!
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Good thinking on your part a long time ago. You pretty much had $110 reserved in your budget that just got freed up. image

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    It has been over a month for me now. I'm done with them after 35 yrs....yeahh

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    byergobyergo Posts: 586
    Cigarettes suck.

They make your clothes smell, they make you smell, they make your house smell, they make your car smell, they waste your hard earned money. They weaken your immune system and pollute your body with bad chemicals. Then they kill you with with a painful early death. For this "priviledge" you pay though the nose. Thousands of dollars per year.

I quit cold turkey as a two-pack a day smoker. You will have withdrawl. It is tough to quit, but you can suck it up and be a man and do it if you want to!

BTW--I didn't use or need any patch, gum, etc... Just a futher waste of money that prolongs the process.
    Buy/Sell/Trade Rainbow Morgans
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It has been over a month for me now. I'm done with them after 35 yrs....yeahh

Herb >>

• Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

There are some really, really, awful cancers directly caused by smoking. Trust me...... you don't want to be a science experiment down at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.

• Options
    I've seen the effects of smoking. Someone in my family died slowly and surely from emphysema after smoking for 60 years. He would be rasping for breath even if he had his oxygen tank on full stream.

Anyone who smokes, please, for your own sake, I urge you to stop so you don't have to suffer until the day you die like he did. image
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
    Quit April 1, 2001.

...but I support you in this very healthy decision!!!
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    It's been 2 months for me now! Now if I can only talk Frank, Russ, Don and Tassa into quitting!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am a Registered Nurse and would like all you smokers to come spend a week watching my patients struggle to breath after a lifetime of cigarettes! Or struggle with the pain of cancer! >>

I have a family of patients and the husband/wife are both on full-time Oxygen by nasal cannula, and can't walk 6 ft. without huffing and puffing. The thing that amazes me is their daughter, who brings them, is a heavy smoker too. You'd think she'd see the writing on the wall...

On another note, you guys don't realize how your coins wreak. Russ, you wonder why your Proofs have a film on them - I don't think it's PVC.
  • Options
    byergobyergo Posts: 586
    What environmental damage to coins does cig smoke cause? I'd think it would be pretty bad considering the chemicals/pollutants in cigs.

Not to mention your LUNGS being coated with filthly tar!
    Buy/Sell/Trade Rainbow Morgans
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice job all. But you're killing my business.image
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great idea because you will not only get more coins. You will also probably live longer. image

Smoking stinks. It killed my aunt. I'm glad I never started.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file