Home U.S. Coin Forum

Rare Coin FOR SALE. Screw the forum rules. Buy this coin NOW!

I really don't care about forum etiquette. I am here for one reason and one reason only; to sell rare coins to wealthy forum members. I was going to disguise this as an educational post, but hey, let's be real. I want to sell this baby quickly and for a nice, fat profit. That being said, I will skip all of the numismatic, historical crap and cut right to the money.

This is a 1925 Buffalo Nickel. At least we think that it's a 1925. The date was missing when we purchased it, so we sent it to a coin doctor and he acid treated the date. Looks like a 1925. The obverse only grades AG but is netted to PO-1 due to the fact that it has been acid treated. The reverse grades a solid G-4. The composite grade would be VF-25 (PO-1/G-4). However, we do not guarantee that grade at any grading service. There is a slim possibility that PCGS would bag this coin, should the new owner decide to have it slabbed for investment purposes. It's also possible that ACG will bag the coin.

Some of you may laugh at our coin, which happens to be the highlight of our inventory. Laugh all you want. If this coin were a 1926-S in AU-50, it would be worth over $2,000.

Terms of sale: first $0.07 gets the coin (ppd). Since postage will be $0.37, we might loose money on this transaction, but I have never been very good at math. NO RETURNS. CASH or PayPal ONLY.

If this sale goes well, then I will start listing 100 coins per day on this forum.

www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!

Comments

• PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Pm sent
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    PM sent
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

If you send a PayPal for 7 cents and there is a 36 cent transaction fee, you'll be wiped out long before you run out of them coins
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimage
  • Wrong forumimage

Cameron Kiefer
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    it's refreshing, though a bit disconcerting, to see an honest sales-push on here....

K S
  • FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This belongs on the Registry Forum. image
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If memory serves me, did not Jade get in trouble once before for using the word "screw" in the title of a thread? image

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If memory serves me, did not Jade get in trouble once before for using the word "screw" in the title of a thread? image >>

• Screw Press. Now I will get in trouble also.

Cameron Kiefer
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    send all the PM's you want, coin bought!!!

al h.image
  • ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    Hey, you - you bad person you.imageimage Don`t do it again or else I`ll have to buy one of your coins. image
  • RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>coin bought!!! >>

...and available soon at a reg. forum near you.
  • Okay, I have had 4 PM's on this coin and three of them were counter offers. Did I say anything about counter offers??? I am a rare coin dealer, which means that I name the price and you pay it. Period! One guy offered an insulting $0.05 while two others offered a somewhat reasonable $0.06, which I may consider. The forth guy told me to get a life and stop being such a putz.

Let me say it again: FIRST $0.07 gets this coin. The coin will be mailed via First Class USPS ($0.37 cent stamp). If you want insurance, add $200.

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,278
    You can get a whole roll of them on Coin Vault AND get to look at Julie Tello all night. Ok, you have to look at Robert Chambers too.
    DSW
  • Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    If you sent it to the Netherlands for that price......image

Dennis
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • If it goes in a sample slab I will pay triple your asking price.image

Cameron Kiefer
    cut it in half, & i'll take 2!

K S
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I am looking for an acid-date 36image-------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
    It's mine!!!!!!!!!!image My first buffaloimage (that's why I wanted it...)

Dennis
  • Coin has been sold to Dennis in The Netherlands. Sales price was $0.07 and was paid with PayPal. We are shipping via USPS Air Mail. I think that we did okay with this sale. I am just glad that we didn't have to pay all of those eBay fees. That would have really hurt the bottom line. Maybe the US Coin Forum is the next new place to sell rare coins. image

• << <i>Maybe the US Coin Forum is the next new place to sell rare coins. >>

It has been for quite some time, the "sales pitch" was just a tad more subtle than yours

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    about as subtle as a hammer blow to the headimage

screw machine
    slotted screw
    phillips screw

sixteen steel twin screwed cruisers (try saying that 3 times fast)

• BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Jade, will you be sending Dennis future selections for approval?------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

• << <i>it's refreshing, though a bit disconcerting, to see an honest sales-push on here....

K S >>

You cannot really be serious can you?? How can you possibly claim that they are honest when they are trying to sell someone a RAW coin and then on top of that NO RETURN privilege, what if the coin is not worth SEVEN cents?? Sounds to me like another sleazbay style sales pitch!!!! Some poor sucker will buy it thinking they are getting their 7¢ worth only to find out later when they try to sell that it is not worth a penny over 2¢ - 2 1/2¢ image
    Even the PCGS price guide only lists it being worth about 3¢!!!
    He is seriuous. I really bought it, just to have some funimage

Dennis

• << <i>You can get a whole roll of them on Coin Vault AND get to look at Julie Tello all night. Ok, you have to look at Robert Chambers too. >>

WRONG WRONG WRONG!! Just take a piece of cardboard and tape over his half of the TV then you only have to look at her. And if you are really lucky you will have a stereo TV and you can turn off one of the speakers and only hear her voice instead of his.
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    If you will AT the coin, I will pay $.10 (must be target toned with purple and blue rings). Who's going to top that offer!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • GoldfingerGoldfinger Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Do you offer a layaway plan? I can put 2 cents down.
    small_d

e-mail me here

WINNER:
    POTD 8-30-05 (awarded by dthigpen)
    POTD 9-8-05 (awarded by gsaguy)
    GSAGUY Slam 12-10-04
    hey dennis88, your in trouble. i hear the jadeboys are now stapling coins to postcards to save $$$ on shipping expenses.

K S
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Aw gee whizz, all the really neat coins like this here buffalo always get snapped up.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Sorry to those who missed out on this coin. We can't make any promises, but we are flying to New York in the morning to look at another collection of similar pieces. Coins like our Buffalo are easy to sell, but difficult to replace in our inventory. Rare stuff I tell ya......

Do you offer a layaway plan? I can put 2 cents down.
    Goldfinger: NO!! I don't waste time with smalltime collectors. We cater to real players in the coin market. 100% cash down. Those are the terms.

Jade, will you be sending Dennis future selections for approval?------------------BigE
    Hmmmmmmmm. image BigE, I like your idea. I will cut you in for 20%.

If you will AT the coin, I will pay $.10
    Craig, I am outraged by your post. AT'ing of coins is a serious problem in the coin collecting community. (pssssst.......make it $0.44 and I'll bake you up a nice batch of 4 rainbow toned dateless buffalo nickels).

Aw gee whizz, all the really neat coins like this here buffalo always get snapped up.
    Bear, you had your chance. Now stop whining and take it like a man.....or a bear....or a man-bear....or something

• Hey Rotated, is that your goat in your icon? Nice if it is.
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's also possible that ACG will bag the coin. >>

Not if you ask them to put it in an MS-65 holder they won't.

TPimage
  • There are too many who use disconcerting verbage!

Let them alone and hopefully they will fade away.
    Honesty is the Best Policy!
  • ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GEE I only wish I could afford this beaut...
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Looking for info on a possible 1925 buffalo DD - I ran across this gem of a thread. image
    Thought you all might get a kick out of this blast from the past.

Hummmm...
    Ok, while your here reading... Ever hear of a 1925 DD rev Buffalo?
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jade, do you take consignments? I bet we could do some real business, but I get to set the pricing, ok?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that the date has been acid treated, fine by me, but has the coin been cleaned recently???

thanks,
    bobimage

Editied to add: dang, already sold and ...............................................
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    According to most ebay buyers the shipping at 37 cents is still unreasonable. After all its five times the cost of the coin.
    There is nothing like an uncirculated set of washington quarters!!!
  • CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    At least you take PayPal, for just a little more salt in your wound.

....and look; you even got SM1 laughing!
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>According to most ebay buyers the shipping at 37 cents is still unreasonable. After all its five times the cost of the coin. >>

Actually, he'd get negged for shipping it at .37 cents since the buyer is gonna have to fork over 4 cents to get delivery! image

Another post resurrected from the dead!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    This thread is meaningless without pics
  • percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

If this sale goes well, then I will start listing 100 coins per day on this forum.

image >>

I guess it ain't goin' so well. image
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • I hope you will expand your offerings to dateless Standing Liberty Quarters soon...image
    "College men from LSU- went in dumb, come out dumb too..."
    -Randy Newmanimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file