Home U.S. Coin Forum

Airplanenut has a Guest Commentary in Coin World today!

ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well written article Jeremy! Congratulations on being published! Pretty AWESOME! image

And I couldn't even get through this post without editing for spelling! image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Comments

• rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Jeremy... I just read your Commentary and want to commend you on a GREAT bit of writing!! I only hope that Rep. Castle reads it too!!

• Good read Jeremy, could'nt agree with you more.
    Thanks
    Allen
    Love those TONED Coins, a true Addict!!!

Proud member of TCCS!
  • LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,274 ✭✭
    Yo Yo Yo Yo

budding numismatic journalist scholar- young Bowers! Congrats, dude.
    DSW
  • Very well done Jeremy.imageimage
    Gary
  • PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Well written article Jeremy-

You can't be 17. Were you born on Feb 29th and it is 17 birthdays?

• FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Jeremy

Congrats on your editorial. Just wish I could read it. Apparently it takes longer for the mail to get to Georgia. I look forward to receiving my copy.
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy Katz!!!!!!!!

al h.image
  • What was the article about? My coin world arrives late. Which issue?
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy-

Well done young man! Most impressive. Read your world history and the paralell between coinage and the state of affairs in any given modern society. As a youngster you may find it very interesting that in many societies in the past recordable history as modern heralded leaders appeared on coinage it signaled the deterioration of that society. On a lighter note......I guess we know the USA is doomed when we see Bill Clinton on the obverse of a coin and Monica on the reverse. I guess that series would be called Modern Presidents and their squeezes......

M.image
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You can't be 17. Were you born on Feb 29th and it is 17 birthdays? >>

March 12, 1987.

<< <i>What was the article about? My coin world arrives late. Which issue? >>

It's an eloquent bashing of the presidential dollars--April 12, 2004 issue.

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    Jeremy, you are hereby awarded Bears coveted, "Growl Of Approval Award"

for excellence in the field of Numismatic Journalism. Well done my lad.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • I don't have that issue yet, but I must congratulate you. Bring LIBERTY back! No more presidents! Can't wait to read it. Thanks.
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I'll be getting my copy in the mail sometime next month. I never get Coin World on time. I'm looking forward to reading it.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • I want to get the Coin World Issue... but my local Barnes and Nobles doesn't carry Coin World... and I'd have to go accross town to go to Books-A-Million...
    -George
    42/92
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to read it, but I am not likely to find that here. Will it ever be on-line, or could I get someone to send me a copy?

Cathy

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nicely done, Jeremy. Congrats.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    Jeremy, that is just fantastic.

I haven't gotten a chance to read it, but I will make sure that I get a CoinWorld and do that.

Airplanenut: Numismatist/Author/Licensed Driver. It's almost too much. image

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Clankeye, don't forget to put actor. He was on TV not long ago!!
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and Philanthropist!

• islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    and coin photographyer...quit distracting him and let him get back to workimage
    YCCTidewater.com
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look forward to reading this.........when my CW arrives two weeks late as usual image
  • PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭
    Jeremy,

Excellent work, Congratulations!

• LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,274 ✭✭
    jeremy, I have food in my refrigerator which is older than you, but it hasn't written any articles in Coin World!
    DSW
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Excellent!

You should print your commentary here for those too cheap or lazy to go out and get CWimage
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool... it's hanging in my English classroom now image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • ms71ms71 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kewl.
    Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy:

That was an excellently written, logically reasoned article. I was truly taken with the writing. Too many bright youngsters your age try to impress people by using large words and awkward phrasing in a misguided effort to appear intellectural. Your writing was at a high level but was totally natural. VERY well done.

Next year you should apply to the University of Florida and bag all other colleges! (smile)

Mark
    Mark

• BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    Jeremy congratulations on a very well written editorial.

I agree with most of your comments, and agree that the idea of a Presidential dollar series is a terrible one.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • Well written article. I also don't want to see a Presidential dollar series. I also don't want to see the same things that have been on our coins before put back on them either. It's ancient history, and doesn't need to be brought back. Lets move on and put new things on our coinage...
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    imageimageimage
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The April 12, 2004 issue? That is exactly 59 years to the day that FDR died.

I haven't seen it yet Jeremy, but I know that it will be worth reading

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    Congrats Jeremy, I knew they would put it in. image

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Congratulations, Jeremy!!! image I haven't seen it yet, but hopefully someone will kindly post a copy here.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Jeremy, that's a really well written and thought out commentary that defies your age!
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    I think that people who can write and speak in an

intelligent and coherent manner, ..................have no place on this Forum.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    I read the article......very well written and very nicely worded.
    imageimage

• jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    Just picked up a copy of the April 12, 2004 edition of Coin World, and read your commentary first thing, Jeremy. Excellent article and I couldn't agree more, especially about the 1st Spouses gold commemoratives.
    J'har

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file