Home U.S. Coin Forum

I Could Use Your Help and Guidance

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
I plan on submitting these two coins via the PCGS "Walk Through" Service tomorrow. I'll be overnighting them and hope to have them graded/holdered and returned by the beginning of next week. Before I package them up though I wanted a sort of 'last chance' opinion from the collective minds here on the forum. Should I request "Cross-At-Any-Grade" or "Cross-Only-At-The-Grade"? I've studied each coin throughly under strong magnification and lighting and don't see hardly any hairlines. There is also a mark or two, but nothing I'm sure PCGS wouldn't overlook (I've heard they've loosened up lately). Other than that, I see no issues or problems PCGS could possibly focus in on.
Anyway, I appreciate it. Sorry the images are so dark.

Here's the reverse:

Here's another shot of the obverse. See? Hardly any hairlines...

HERE IS THE KENNEDY. The reverse didn't photo well, but figured no one really needed it...

peacockcoins

Comments

• they look like beautiful coins!!

but the pix ARE too dark. image
  • gemtone65gemtone65 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭
    Since PCGS doesn't give grades on body bags, the answer to your question is that it hardly matters, at least for the Franklin half. Further, we know what today's date is, so I assume your scenario and question are simply posed in the spirit of the occasion.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Did you ever notice that a PR69 + PO01 = 70, the perfect grade. I may try to sell that idea to PCGS for a multi coin holder.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • FragmentumFragmentum Posts: 174 ✭✭
    I suggest NOT spending the time or money as the difference between PR69 and the next grade up is traditionally only through microscopic grading. They more than likley would be reduced a point for visable hairlines or other detracting marks in prime focal areas. I cannnot see these coins well enough in your pictures to provide ANY qualitative grade.
    IMHO...
    Hope this is helpful...
    Collecting ASE's, Disney Dollars, high end for type set and other shiny objects with crayola colors...
  • ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • I think they are super upgrade candidates. I would hurry, hurry, hurry to get them into PCGS holders ASAP so you can sell them for the $15K they deserve as PR 70 DCAM coins! There is a new courier service you should try out. For only $500/per coin they send someone to your house to personally grade the coins then and there. Well worth it in my opinion.

Just kidding image
  • GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    I take it you don't feel the "red label" holder won't influence them to simply return them as "questionable toning."
    Gilbert
  • Braddick is joking guys. He did the dark pics on purpose and knows they would never get slabbed at PCGS.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    You should try for cross at PR71 only.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

peacockcoins

• DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭

Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file