Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone wanting to read about and see images of THE finest set of Walkers ever assembled - PM me for

coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭
And, when I say THE finest, I mean business.image

Comments

• TTT for those who didn't see this before it fell to the second page. A great set worth looking at and reading about.
  • FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Thanks for the bump. I missed it the first time. PM sent
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I'm still recovering from the viewing. Does the fact that I got "excited" mean I'm a perv? DAMN!

Russ, NCNE
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does the fact that I got "excited" mean I'm a perv? >>

Nope, Russ, you're a perv either way.image
  • darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Mark, why should we PM you for a link when you have a link to them where they are for sale at your website in your signature line? mike
  • Very Very Very NICE!!! image
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • I am BTFW by that spectacular collection.

As an aside, I would have ignored the objections of a certain few and posted the link myself,
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Geezus! That's an uncompromised set to be admired.
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    What a set, simply amazing. Looks like most sold pretty quickly too.
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Th Jack Lee 1940 walker is probably the finest walker I have ever seen in my entire life.

The walker I now own in the same grade is nicer in the reverse in many ways than the Jack Lee but pales in comparison to the awesome eye appeal of his coin. My heart leaps when I can look at these two reverses side by side. The best in walkers!!!

The Jack Lee 1940 obverse and reverse are on the top (don't worry; it was sold image ) Mine (reverse only) is on the bottom:

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    That 1940 Ms68 is dang pretty. Very cool collection.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • The 1921-S is stunning !! With gorgeous surfaces and a bit of mottled russett toning.

Breathless !!!

Steveimage
  • I just spent the last hour looking through this collection... and I'm not even into the 40's yet.

Thanks a million for the link, and thanks to Al Gore for inventing "the internet". image
    You shout in your sleep.
    Perhaps the price is just too steep.
    Is your conscience at rest if once put to the test?
    You awake with a start to just the beating of your heart.
    Just one man beneath the sky,
    Just two ears, just two eyes.
  • michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    wow
    wild

looks like all are already sold

michael
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    AMAZING...........SIMPLY AMAZING

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I feel like the donkey with the carrot-on-a-stick just out of reach....why do you torture us with already-sold coins??image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Amazing

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • zennyzenny Posts: 1,547 ✭✭
    it's a good thing the 42-D and 47 are sold already, i would have had to go and put my house up for sale.....
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Amazing pics, too! Mark, how does the photographer eliminate all traces of the slab?

• << <i>it's a good thing the 42-D and 47 are sold already, i would have had to go and put my house up for sale..... >>

Zenny..... I didn't put my house up for sale, but I am the proud owner of both coins now.image
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pick-ups, Puff. I was hoping that you would be in on the action.

• << <i>Nice pick-ups, Puff. I was hoping that you would be in on the action. >>

Thanks RYK... I was also fortunate enough to buy this 1943-ms68 also.image
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mark, how does the photographer eliminate all traces of the slab? >>

Barry, your question presumes that the coins are still in their holders......

and you happen to be correct!image

I don't have the answer to that question but please feel free to call or email (scott@pinnacle-rarities.com) Scott at our Wa. office - I have no doubt that he will be pleased to reveal the secret.image
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Barry, it is quite simply done with a circular mask and then a copy and paste onto a blank canvass.
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Thanks!

That was sickening, but in a good way.

• orevilleoreville Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coinguy: Hmmm......what is happening to our sense of provenance, our history?

So the Jack Lee holders are no longer the Jack Lee holders?

Sad to me. I hope the seller at least included Jack Lee along with his name on the Lee coins???
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,776 ✭✭✭✭
    Somebody call an ambulance!
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • zennyzenny Posts: 1,547 ✭✭
    Good Golly Miss Molly, Puff - those have got to be THE two most gorgeous walkers on the planet! well done and congrats, (especially if it didn't entail the sale of real estate.)

z
  • ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    Truly stunning coins.

I'm sure it was extremely difficult to drum up any interest in them. image

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare

• << <i>Good Golly Miss Molly, Puff - those have got to be THE two most gorgeous walkers on the planet! well done and congrats, (especially if it didn't entail the sale of real estate.)

z >>

Thanks zenny, and no there was no real estate envolved.image

oreville.... I agree with you about Jack Lee not being on the holders, and what from what I understand this was a decision made by the powers to be at PCGS, if I understood the explanation from Pinnacle correctly... But I could have misunderstood this, and maybe it was someone elses decision..... Mark Feld could probably explain this better if he happens to see this post.
  • rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    Mark,

Simply a BEAUTIFUL display of Walkers !! Speechless !!
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file