Home U.S. Coin Forum

Which of your coins do you look at most often?

Do you have a particular coin that you look at more than any other? What about it intrigues you?

Dan

Comments

• CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1921 Peace $ ... it mesmerizes me
  • My Kennedy collection.
    It just keeps growing.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    My first proof IHC, very pretty. Nice mirrors.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost all of my coins are (sadly) at the bank. I visit them every couple months. I have pictures of most. My favorite picture is:

I always keep one relatively less expensive coin at home, but this coin rotates. Currently, it is this 57-D $5 in XF-40. It has a nice big "D" on the reverse, dirt in the devices, and clean, original surfaces. It's everything a circulated Dahlonega coin should be:

• Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    This, but probably because it's a medal and not a coin (the detail is phenomenal):

imageimage
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My icon coin is my favorite, followed by this one:

I love the designs, the luster, the detail, the surfaces, the die cracks, the surface preservation...

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    My 1880-S MS64PL Morgan, the frost on the cameo is like snow, little crystals that sparkle.

• StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look at these 2 coins the most often - My 1799 Draped Bust Dollar Author Icon coin & my New 1898 Proof Morgan Dollar. I love the Concentric Blue Peripheral Rim-Toning on both coins! image

imageimage

imageimage

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love early gold. I just wish that I could afford more of the types, but it's just beyond my reach. This is the most early early gold type coin that was minted prior to 1834.

imageimage

This is a PCGS AU-55. Its worst "fault" is that no one has "played with it" and stripped off its skin to make it a nice, "bright" MS-62. That's the "rage" for early gold coins.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    My registry wheats (altough I don't have a lot of them...)

Dennis
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did... my PR63 CAM Barber half. Now it ain't mine anymore.

I hope its *ahem* new owner is giving it proper attention!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • I enjoy all of the Colonials that I possess but this one stands out...

imageimage
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • my beautiful morgans and then my incomplete 19th/20th century type set and then the rest
    anita...ana #r-217183...coin collecting noob
  • My 1795 flowing hair dollar.
  • Probably my 1917 SLQ. It's the only coin I have that's rated R.

Too bad Hugh Heffner doesn't design coins.

Craig
    The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.
  • tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    1812 Bust half, NGC 62, but toned a bit. I have seen worse 63's.
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    The PR CAM Barber has my attention alright. image
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,228 ✭✭
    My Icon coin.

Prettiest 65 graded Barber Quarter I've ever seen.

If I end up having to sell the rest of my collection it will be among the last to go.

Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

The ones I look at most often are not my best.

It's a 20th Century Type set in a frame I have hanging on the wall.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • I look at my Type Set almost everyday.
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭
    Funny thing....many of the individual coins are nice but put together (like a whole toned Rosy set), the set clearly outshines any individual coin......and that's the way I like to look at them - as a set.
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Quarters.....

JoeCool
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • These were some brillant coins posted. Thanks.
  • FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977

<< <i>It has a nice big "D" on the reverse, dirt in the devices, and clean, original surfaces. It's everything a circulated Dahlonega coin should be >>

RYK.....You Sure Got That Right!
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proof flying eagle cents are my favorite. Unfortunately, they don't photograph very well - much better in person. My favorite is the 1857 - beauty and rarity in one package.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • I've got a raw 1915 $10 Indian Head that I can't stop looking at. My Walkers are getting jealous...

My most viewed slabbed coin is a silly little 1986 quarter error coin. Again, my Walkers are getting jealous.

Hey, score one for diversity!
    You shout in your sleep.
    Perhaps the price is just too steep.
    Is your conscience at rest if once put to the test?
    You awake with a start to just the beating of your heart.
    Just one man beneath the sky,
    Just two ears, just two eyes.
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a tie between my 1893s Morgan (vf30), 1883cc Morgan (ms63dmpl) and 1795 silver dollar (g6). Just the history and cost of 'emimage and in the case of the '83cc, the beauty image

Steve

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file