Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

HEY...Washington Registry dudes-anybody wanna buy a PCGS 65 1932-D?

Comments

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    I never learned how to do this!image
  • Options

There's a few other things you need to learn! image
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Boom I hope it looks better in hand, from the picture the grade looks very generous.
  • Options
    Hey Mike- I didn't grade it...PCGS did. I'm confused more than ever about grading. I have some coins that I am upgrading that IMHO look worse than the beauties I'm replacing. Obviously, I do not have a clue regarding PCGS' Grading Standards!image
  • Options
    No..why?

Oh well...I have things to do.You asked me a question and then no reply?image
  • Options
    It would be interesting if more than one of the coins for that date had that same look to the obverse.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It is the same coin and still for sale on ebay >>

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    And your point is.......................?
  • Options
    Your ebay id is: pittbreader

This coin isn't even over yet. Why not just advertise your auction (with a different ID) and then ask for inquiries if it dosen't sell????

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Damn!!! If that's a 65 I think I'm sending my 63 in for regrade. No offense Boom, I'm sure the 65 is nicer than the pics.image

Rick

• Options
    Do you have this coin in hand Boom or is this ebay seller letting you try to sell it for a commission while he still tries it on ebay?

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    I fail to comprehend what all the hub-bub is about! I asked a simple question, if any Registry people

were interested in this coin. I spoke with the dealer and wished him luck on his aucton- . I have made

arrangements to buy the coin should it not sell and yes, he is aware of what I am doing here in the

event it doesn't sell. If it does not I will buy the coin for re-sale...afterall this is the nature of the

business. Gary and I have had many dealings together and if you are so concerned, ask him about the

untimely death of his 22 year old friend, Paul. If anything I have done him a favor and drawn attention

to this coin. I fail to see a problem-feel free to contact him yourselvees and verify every word I have

said here! Geeez!
  • Options
    Thats all you had to say in the first place and not

"and your point is"

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Me neither but it is odd that you would try sell it before the auction even ends. What if you work out a deal and sell it and then someone bids on the coin on ebay?image

Cameron kiefer
  • Options
    Rick's coin flat blows away the other dog.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Rick,

That is one sweet lookin' MS63!
    I just got back my MS64 '32-S that I, and another good eye, thought had a shot. PCGS didn't agree! image
    I think that the crack-out route might give it a better chance.

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    Gary and I spoke of all this earlier today. He is aware of everything. There is nothing shady going on.

Call and ask him yourself! Craig, you have seen one of my 32-Ds and just like Rick and

Mike said-if that's a 65 then so is mine and you know it! You had it in your very hands! Let's wish Gary

the best of luck as I too am not comfortable with that coin for $22,000. Let's see how he makes out!

Nice coin Rick!
  • Options
    I spoke with Gary earlier and he told me that the coin is with John at the Portland show.
    He said that John told him that the coin would probably sell at the show. If not, I will see it at the Santa Clara show next week! image
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    Well, I guess the results sorta speak for themselves which brings back the earlier

topic about grading standards at PCGS. I agree the coin really doesn't impress anyone

and if IT is a 65 then surely mine, which manofcoins has already held in his hands and Rick's must

surely be 65's because they are superior to this particular coin in every way! I hope I answered

everyone's questions!image
  • Options
    Craig,

Thanks for the offer! I plan on sending the 32d in along with a 47s (my icon) and a couple others I think are worthy of upgrades. I have 4 freebies I need to use up before they expire. Nothing to lose on the deal but the postage so I'm sending them in for possible upgrades w/o cracking them out of their current holders. If nothing becomes of it I'll take you up on your offer.

Don, I agree with you that your chances are better by cracking them out and sending them in. Sure is a scary thought though. Especially with a 32d, YIKES!!!

Boom, Some members here sure can be tough from time to time. Thank God you got a strong jaw and can take the hits! image

Rick

• Options
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Keep both eyes on this guy - this is a poor business practice about to go wrong!
    DLG
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boom: That 32-D does have potential. It is so heavily patinated and original that it is hard to be sure. It does look like a very heavily toning coated 64.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Yeah, I know Oreville. I've noticed that a lot of really high priced pieces don't do particularly well on

ebay unless they are really PQ. When I looked at this coin my first impression was mixed at best and I

sorta figured it might not go, so I called Gary and wished him luck with his auction and also asked

permission to do what I have done here....to put out feelers and offer pix of the coin before committing

to buying it. Afterall, who wants to get stuck with a $22,000 item?

I do a lot of business with fairtraderz and basically play middleman for around 10%-which includes

the dreaded paypal fees. The buy it now price was $22,000 so I factored in a little over 10% to cover

the fees and insured shipping. After doing my homework and looking at average PCGS 65 prices on a

32-D I thought I just might take the gamble and offer it at a very respectable $25,000 with pix included

which was also OK'd. Since they were not posted publicly by me there was no malice or copyright

infringement.

Gary began telling me that his co-worker, Paul, at whose wedding 7 months earlier he had been

best man,had recently died a sudden death at age 22 riding his beloved motorcycle. We had a long

talk as he was quite distraught as you can imagine. I did my best to console him but it's tough when

someone you're around day after day suddenly isn't there anymore. Anyway everything was on the

up and up as, afterall, being a middleman comes with being a coin dealer. It happens everyday in the

business, buying from the public at Blue Book and selling at or around Redbook or Trends or

Greysheet if it's a dealer to dealer transaction. I still believe I'll buy it and clean/ enhance it by

accepted means and turn it into one of the White beauties that so many people want. Afterall, I've

had some extensive conversation and lessons from one of the best in the business. You really need to

know what you're doing or you can have a $22,000 fiasco on your hands in a heartbeat! Whenever

you want to know how to do any given thing as best you can it's just common sense to seek out the

very best and learn from them! Obviously a lot of practicing would be wise on much cheaper pieces

before attempting such a thing!

Anyway, I haven't yet decided although I must admit, I AM leaning heavily to one side. For reasons

I am still trying to comprehend, a couple people that do this very sort of thing took offense

to this as if I were trying to screw them or something! Hmmm talk about the pot calling the kettle

Black. I won't even mention who these people are out of respect for them. I fail to comprehend their

attitudes. All this is much to do about nothing really.

I could pick it up as is and consign it to Heritage or the likes. I don't know about you but before I go

diving off a cliff for a swim, I test the waters. To do otherwise would be fool-hearty and I could get

crippled if not mortally wounded!

So, without mentioning your Name-for reasons I've already stated, I do have one thing to tell you-

"Take a long hard look in the mirror and get over it!" $25,000 for a Gem BU PCGS 65 1932-D Quarter is

not screwing anyone over! If you don't like the coin then all you say is "Pass"!

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Pass
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    pass
    DLG
  • Options
    Good Morning! Thanks!image I appreciate your responses as inevitably they will play important roles in

making my ultimate decision! Have a nice day...time for Church.image
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    "I still believe I'll buy it and clean/ enhance it by

accepted means and turn it into one of the White beauties that so many people want. "

Boom, can you explain that statement? Why would you do this?

Bstat1021
  • Options
    Bstat: I have a feeling boom was being sarcastic about bying it and clean/enhance by accepptable means and turning it into one of the white beauties that so many people want.
  • Options
    "I have a feeling boom was being sarcastic about bying it and clean/enhance by accepptable means and turning it into one of the white beauties that so many people want."

Oreville, what makes you think that? image

When I'm offered a coin in this way from a so-called "bud", I'll have a little more than just "pass" to say! image

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    Do you really want to get on that soap box and open a can of worms? Be my guest, but if you do be

prepared for when I climb on it! I think it best we move on and drop the entire issue before someone

says something they'll really regret! $25,000 for a PCGS 65 32-D is a decent price and I'm through

explaining. If you want to push the issue- be forewarned, I hit back and when I do, I hit back HARD!

No one was out to screw anyone, "Bud!" Let's move on!

• Options

<< <i>If you want to push the issue- be forewarned, I hit back and when I do, I hit back HARD! >>

The fear in the air is palpable. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    Rick:

Before you crack it out and send it in, check really carefully for light hairlines. I have had a couple of early Washington's that looked nice like yours grade 63 for that reason.

Greg
  • Options
    Greg,

Don't got the balls to crack it out. It's going in with three other slabbed beauties for PCGS to reconsider. I'll see if they will admit that they made a mistake. If I could get one upgrade out of the four I'd be thrilled. Know my chances are slim to none but they're freebie submissions so all I'll lose is the price of shipping for PCGS to take another look. I wonder how many folks on this forum have actually received an upgrade by going this route?

Rick
  • Options

<< <i>The fear in the air is palpable. >>

Do you have a life other than sitting behind a computer being a complete jack-ass?

Judging by your # of posts-you do not!

I've already said what I have to say to and about you.

You're a miserable pest and don't ever forget or think I've

forgotten the PROMISE I made you!

I'll never forget the thread on crackouts and how you

constantly put down PCI and NTC, yet in your vanity

you showed us all a picture of your trash can which happened

to be filled with nothing but these slabs that had been cracked open!

Funny, I just went to confession and Mass and flat

refuse to let you ruin my sense of inner peace.

The REAL world is a lot different than this fantasy virtual reality in

which you live. We have a date, Bud! Will you ever be

in for the surprise of your life! Yuk it up all you like.

• Options
    Craig,

If you're talking about the 56d that currently resides in your set, it should have upgraded the first time you submitted it. Still have the pictures of it that the owner before you sent me when it was still a 66. What a beauty! To think you were going to sell it to me if it hadn't upgraded with your last attempt. So close...

Rick

• Options
    Enough already, guys! This thread is starting to get scarey!image
  • Options
    Awesome coin, Craig, and Great picture, Rick. :envy;

FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options

<< <i>You're a miserable pest and don't ever forget or think I've

forgotten the PROMISE I made you! >>

Boom,

You mean your threats of physical violence? Do you need the map again? Or, maybe you can give me a call, I'll give you directions. image

<< <i>Funny, I just went to confession and Mass and flat

refuse to let you ruin my sense of inner peace. >>

Now, now, what do you think God thinks about you threatening people at an internet forum? Tsk, tsk.

<< <i>constantly put down PCI and NTC, yet in your vanity

you showed us all a picture of your trash can which happened

to be filled with nothing but these slabs that had been cracked open! >>

Not true, it's a box and there are also NGC, PCGS, ANACS and SEGS in there. Try to get your story straight next time.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ACCEPTABLE 56-d QUARTER. image
  • Options
    Boom and Russ: Cut!

The Hollywood movie audition is now over!

• Options

<< <i>Boom and Russ: Cut! >>

Oreville,

I'm not going to take crap of this keyboard jockey who thinks it's acceptable to threaten violence from the safety of his computer.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I've threatened no one...not one word. image

In fact, I wish all of you a nice day as I am about to go out into the real world

and Bar-B-Que some very real food and watch some real Golf from my

very real back yard played by some very real Professionals in the Louisiana Open.

The Course, Le Triomphe IS my back yard. Look hard at the highlights tonite

and you just may see me and my very real home! Good day all!
    Peace
    Boom
  • Options

<< <i>I've threatened no one...not one word. >>

Boom,

It's not a good idea to lie about something that is a matter of public record.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Don,

Can't take credit for those pictures. They were taken by Colorfulcoins (Craig H.) before he sold it to MANOFCOINS. Sure hope he doesn't mind me using his images!image

Rick
  • Options
    I think both of you need a break and watch Tom Deluise when he was in his prime and saying CUT! in the Mel Brooks movie Blazing Saddles.

You both might not be able to stop laughing at that scene and forget all this even happened.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick, I see you've changed your AVATAR. That Washington is striking! Nice color and appeal. It goes to show, not all Washingtons have to have neon, wild colors to have tons of character and attraction.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Rick,

I was aware of it being Craig H's pic.
    I was interupted in the middle of posting by a wise friend of our's who convinced me to leave out alot of my post! His timing was impeccable! image
    I will pick Craig's brain at breakfast, Friday! image
    If I don't get any good tips, his ride back to the airport my take longer than expected! image

Hey, I see you're in the hunt for my ms67 '51-S. If you win it, it will ride with the '63-P for free! image

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!