Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Situation Resolved, nothing left to see here.

Comments

• Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
  • Options
    NewmismatistNewmismatist Posts: 1,802 ✭✭

<< <i>Hey Jeremy - here is a news flash for you. I know exactly what context it was meant in when he said it. The words still apply here. Please, don't try to give history lessons to someone who is more than twice your age. >>

1. Seems to me that Jeremy got it correct and you're taking issue with his using the quote in its proper context and you want to misapply the use of wise old Ben's words. If anyone's out of order it's you, not Jeremy. The fact that you're twice as old as Jeremy, certainly does not equate with twice as wise. It looks like although Jeremy may be half as old, he's the one that's twice as wise.

2. Your initial thread is non-sensical - what's your gripe and who's it with? If its personal, use the PM button and don't air your personal issues on this forum, it's inappropriate.

<< <i>I want to see if he has the guts to admit to doing this, or if he is just going to remain a snake. >>

Doing what? What has whoever ythis person done? Be specific so we can determine what your "rant" is about?

Lets analyze it:

<< <i>I was just told >>

Well right from thr git go yourrelying on what someone else told you and if what you were told is inaccurate and slanted, then the inofrmation you're relying on could be an untruth, or only partially true or true with a lot of important facts left out.

<< <i>a certain regular poster here who is a seller decided to email a less than honest seller >>

That's interesting - already you've determine who's honest and who's not and you only heard one side of the story. How did you determine the other side of this tale ESP? The delphic orcle? a weege board?

<< <i>about a problem that was posted here. >>

Lots of "problems" get posted here - want to be a bit more specific?

<< <i>I know for a fact that this seller is not the most honest in his dealings >>

So therefore what ever you tell us is absolutely true based on your interpretation of what your heard about this one-sided version of this problem?

<< <i>naturally he told the busybody a bunch of BS about how he did nothing wrong. >>

Lets see you're now being told be someone what someone else told somebody else and from all that you've made a detemination as to an "absolute truth" between the parties to the problem that you heard about from someone else? image

As someone has already said: Is this post necessary?
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • Options
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I'm confused. Did Ben Franklin sell a coin to Jeremy?

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Did dlimb2 insure it when it was returned? If the package was empty doesn't dlimb2 file a claim and slqmaven writes a statement saying he received an empty package and sends the statement back to dlimb2 and the Post Office pays dlimb2?
    What's the problem?
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused. Did Ben Franklin sell a coin to Jeremy?

Yes, but Jeremy refused to pay for it. Told Ben to go fly a kite.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Dog, he received the package in full tackt.
  • Options
    why would one dealer be negotiating a problem transaction between another dealer and a buyer?
  • Options

<< <i>why would one dealer be negotiating a problem transaction between another dealer and a buyer? >>

busybody syndrome?

needs a purpose in life?

needs a life?
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to wish everyone success at 100 posts tonite on this thread.
    Good luck and Good nite.image
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    K6AZ,

you mean well I'm sure for whatever reasons you got involved in this whole mess - however I definently take issue with you putting down Jeremy who is a High School student indeed, and yes a rather fine young man with a super future. Your tacky post in response to his - does not say much for someone indeed double his age, and in all honesty should probably apoligize to him.
    He's just a kid - why don't you find another 16 year old that puts his free time into collecting coins and money earmarked to charity?

Marc
  • Options
    Did dlimb2 insure it when it was returned? If the package was empty doesn't dlimb2 file a claim and slqmaven writes a statement saying he received an empty package and sends the statement back to dlimb2 and the Post Office pays dlimb2?

Dog - That's the entire misunderstanding. SLQ never said the package was empty. He refused delivery because he believed that the buyer had no right to return the coins. The package is still sitting unopened at SLQ's post office. It's a shame that everyone's so busy crying foul that they can't hear what the other guy's saying. Anyway, SLQ has agreed to give the refund just to make this go away.

Now, is there some other mess for me to stick my nose in? It's too early to go to bed and I don't want to have to resort to sample slab bashing quite yet...
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    why would one dealer be negotiating a problem transaction between another dealer and a buyer?

Trying to help? Nah, can't be.
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    I find Jeremy's hair to be threatening ~ the quantity and resiliance exuded by the hair is second to none ~ he has enough for 2-3 adults
  • Options
  • Options

Oh, a new version of the truth.
    This is just getting good.
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much was the shipping though? What you think Relayer?image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks dlimb2. In the other thread you said:
    <<<dlimb2 Saturday February 28, 2004 9:23 PM
    ...now I am out the money and the set, as he told Paypal he never received it...but someone at his mailbox received it...he told them that I did not put the coins back in the box>>>

Then MrEureka said:
    <<<MrEureka Wednesday March 03, 2004 7:23 PM
    And third, he offered a full refund in exchange for an apology.>>>

I'm kinda confused here; Why would slqmaven offer a refund on $270 worth of coins that he didn't get back?
    Coin dealers don't do that, especially when the buyer will get insurance $$ from the PO. So slqmaven did get the coins back? Why did he say he didn't?
  • Options

<< <i>Marc, an apology won't be coming.

I've spoken with Jeremy many times, and don't really have a problem with him. However, when I made my initial post, I was not in the best of moods. Everybody has moods, and mine gets very sour when another collector is taken advantage of. Did I snap back? Probably, but I still take offense when somebody makes a comment about my knowledge of US History, considering my background in the field.

Now I am not going to comment on the Jeremy business again, I am busy trying to help someone work out a problem. >>

Regardless of what you know about history, Jeremy's interpretation of Franklin's quote is correct, not yours. Being wrong doesn't give you the luxury of taking offence.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He refused delivery because he believed that the buyer had no right to return the coins. >>

From what has been said, the buyer received garbage that bore no resemblance whatsoever to the image presented in the auction. It seems to me that, if that is the case, the buyer had every right to return the coins.

In addition, the buyer has stated that she's received the green signature card back. Was it signed? If so, the package was not refused. Who is lying here?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Dog - Apparently, Denise was mistaken. That happens sometimes, you know.
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    That post wasn't there while I was typing my reply.
    <<<Dog - That's the entire misunderstanding. SLQ never said the package was empty. He refused delivery because he believed that the buyer had no right to return the coins. The package is still sitting unopened at SLQ's post office. It's a shame that everyone's so busy crying foul that they can't hear what the other guy's saying. Anyway, SLQ has agreed to give the refund just to make this go away.>>>

So slq got the coins back and is giving dlimb2 a refund.
    What's the problem? He just hasn't done it yet?
    OK.

• Options
    From what has been said, the buyer received garbage that bore no resemblance whatsoever to the image presented in the auction. It seems to me that, if that is the case, the buyer had every right to return the coins.

Russ - These were modern commems in US Mint packaging. How bad could they have been?
    Andy Lustig

• Options

<< <i>Russ - These were modern commems in US Mint packaging. How bad could they have been? >>

Packaging that is easily opened and closed.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    I don't have a dog in this fight, nor have I read all the posts to this thread, but I can say this:

A man's feedback profile says a lot about how he does business and treats his clients or those from whom he purchases. Having said that, I'd not touch a siqmaven auction with a 10 foot pole.

GSAGUY
  • Options
    Packaging that is easily opened and closed.

Russ - The worst known examples are 68's. They would scan as well as 70's. The coins HAD TO look as good as the auction image.

How do I know that Braddick is about to jump into the fray and prove me wrong? image
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Man, $270? I just sold an NGC MS69 on ebay last month for $203. My luck.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>HMM...I had a different tattletale in mind. >>

-me tooimage
  • Options

<< <i>I don't have a dog in this fight, nor have I read all the posts to this thread, but I can say this:

A man's feedback profile says a lot about how he does business and treats his clients or those from whom he purchases. Having said that, I'd not touch a siqmaven auction with a 10 foot pole.

GSAGUY >>

I don't have a dog in this fight either and I have read all of the threads, and I will have to gree with GSAGUY on this one...... Someone with a feedback history of 1 out of 100 feedbacks being negative is absolutely not good feedback history and that would include all of the newbie bidders that don't receive their coin/item the day after the auction.
  • Options
    There's really a simple way to determine once and for all the veracity of this seller. This statement:

<< <i>He refused delivery because he believed that the buyer had no right to return the coins. >>

If the buyer does indeed have the signature card - post it.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
  • Options
    elwoodelwood Posts: 2,414
    OOPS!!!! Now where did that goimage
    Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins
  • Options

<< <i>OOPS!!!! Now where did that goimage >>

vast left wing conspiracy??
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options

That sure looks like something was received by somebody.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    vast left wing conspiracy??

I'd like to stick around and discuss this, but I believe my presence is requested on the Darkside... image

Seriously, I'd bet that the coins are still at the post office. But it does go to show you why Denise was nervous.
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    OT: I was taken a month and a half back by an ebay powerseller...for quite a bit...I guess it was a lesson learned....I payed him the money and also returned the coin set...now I am out the money and the set, as he told Paypal he never received it...but someone at his mailbox received it...he told them that I did not put the coins back in the box, which was a lie...it has become to dishonest for me to partake in such practices of dishonesty...I wish there was a government agency to patrol and keep it honest but as it stands it is Fraud run wild......I just want you people to be aware as many of you already are...it is truley sad to what this world has become.

Problem has been Resolved.
  • Options
    DonovanDonovan Posts: 386

<< <i>OT: I was taken a month and a half back by an ebay powerseller...for quite a bit...I guess it was a lesson learned....I payed him the money and also returned the coin set...now I am out the money and the set, as he told Paypal he never received it...but someone at his mailbox received it...he told them that I did not put the coins back in the box, which was a lie...it has become to dishonest for me to partake in such practices of dishonesty...I wish there was a government agency to patrol and keep it honest but as it stands it is Fraud run wild......I just want you people to be aware as many of you already are...it is truley sad to what this world has become.

Problem has been Resolved. >>

How?
  • Options
    Problem has been Resolved.

How?

Two obvious choices:

1. Legs have been broken.

2. Money has been returned.

Somebody start a poll! image
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    I am happy to report this situation has been peacefully resolved, and dlimb2 has received her refund.

I've edited out my posts because I feel there would be no point in going over this continuously. The main thing is the refund was made, and I believe this was a learning experience for dlimb2.

I don't regret posting this, and I feel that in a lot of ways this thread did get things rolling to a final conclusion where everyone is happy. I am through on the subject.
  • Options
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>dlimb2 has received her >>

dlimb is a kitty??????????????? image

and I've been flirting with her via pm's???

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Now you know why I didn't flert back....
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this "situation resolution" mean that this thread won't get to 100?
  • Options
    Uh-oh Lucy, are you one of those funny ones? image
  • Options
    and I've been flirting with her via pm's???

It's OK Lucy. This is the 21st Century!
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting...history erased right before my eyes...I feel like I am in a Twilight Zone or X-File or something...
  • Options
    No, PLEASE Flirt, Flirt all you want as long as we can listenimage
    Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins
  • Options
    or should I say read along.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now you know why I didn't flert back.... >>

Russ never responds either, is He a Kitty also????

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Uh-oh Lucy, you lookin for trouble tonight? image

Hey, we made a hundred posts!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file