Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Recent Purchase

I recently purchased an 1893 Maundy Set as well as an 1817 shilling from CIVITAS and was very pleased with the coins, not to mention the very prompt service. A job well done CIVITAS...thank you.image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like nice stuff!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Coinkat, congrats on the purchases. Civitas aslo uses non pvc flips.image
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Bravo....image
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any pictures?

I bought something from Civitas a few months ago, but I don't think he knew it was a boardmember. I was also very pleased with the price, the description/quality and the rapid service. So there, a belated image from me too.

• Options
    Good stuff over there..... wide variety, conservative grades, academic approach for references and descriptions, good pictures etc........................

If you haven't bought there yet............ WHY?

L
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Coinkat, you really need to find a way to show us some pictures one day. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I almost have no excuses. I have a digital camera. It works. I am having technical problems with this 50 whateveryoucallit limit for the forum that seems to prevent me from downloading. I should not say anything but... I just haven't figured out how to edit pitures within the allowable limits to post them. Yes... I know this sounds pretty hard to believe.

• Options
    hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well... I almost have no excuses. I have a digital camera. It works. I am having technical problems with this 50 whateveryoucallit limit for the forum that seems to prevent me from downloading. I should not say anything but... I just haven't figured out how to edit pitures within the allowable limits to post them. Yes... I know this sounds pretty hard to believe. >>

If you send it to me via e-mail, I'll post it.

If you want to try it yourself, here is what I do to keep it under 50k (and I'm sure there are better ways of doing it. I don't have photoshop):

1) Go into microsoft powerpoint.
    2) Copy your picture onto a slide.
    3) Go to "Save As."
    4) Instead of saving it as a .ppt file, you can change it to a jpeg (.jpg) file.

After it is saved this way, it should be under 50k.
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    Alright now, you're all being too nice. imageimageimageimage

<< <i>Civitas aslo uses non pvc flips. >>

Well, that's partly true. We try to use them when we can, especially for more sensitive stuff. Also airtites and kointains where appropriate. Although I did just break (and replace) a few non-PVC flips today image but that was on some morgan dollars, so that doesn't count since they're not REAL coins, right? image
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Hookedoncoins I will try this

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see the pics.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.