Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grade this 1932 S Quarter

Found at the flea market image
image

Comments

  • Options
    No grade. Cleaned and damaged.

    Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    I agree, body bag material, however, the pictures are great!!

    Tom
    Tom

  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. No grade.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

    Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options


    << <i>No grade. Cleaned and damaged. >>



    Correct for once Kiefer
    Cam-Slam 2-6-04
    3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
    4 "YOU SUCKS"
    Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
    Seated Halves are my specialty !
    Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
    Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
    (1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
    IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146 ✭
    Fine details. Net grade VG-10

  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Bodybag. Not a bad filler piece however, to be upgraded later.
  • Options
    I agree body/bag cleaned and damaged
    "Freedom of speech is a great thing.Just because you can say anything does not mean you should.
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    anacs would probably grade it Fine Details--net G, cleaned rim damage.
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 35,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THERE are coin grades OUTSIDE of the world of PCGS and NGC guys....

    This coin has VG sharpness and would net grade to Good because of the probems. For a low grade piece it's not that bad. I've seen worse.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Hole filler.
  • Options
    Thank You BillJones image

    I dont have a lot of money to spend on coins so I buy what I can afford
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 25,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd check out the "s" very carefully. I don't trust anything that comes out of a flea market.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474 ✭
    No doubt the coin has been cleaned.It is a coin for ANACS.Their net grading was made for a coin like that.But if you are a raw collector of circulated coins,that is a "Fine" semi key date.Not everyone here collects slabbed MS coins.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options

    Not everyone here collects slabbed MS coins.

    I have ben collecting for over 30 years and I have 7 slabbed coins and over
    4000 raw singles and about 75 mint & proof sets

    not bad for a guy that spends about $20 a mounth image

    Thank You for your support of the little guy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file