Home U.S. Coin Forum

Your reason for choosing the author icon you use?

2»

Comments

• hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    My icon is a British Sovereign of mine, with good old George V. Although this is not the nicest coin I own, I like to show my darkside roots (while I keep my lightside coins in the sig).
  • My icon is the insignia of the Fourth Armored Division of Pattons third army where my father served in WWII. He passed away two years ago and it is my personal reminder of his loyalty, dignity, integrity, courage and character.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • GUNS ARE MY 2ND PASSION I HAVE ONE JUST LIKE IT ALSO OTHERS , I LOVE TO SHOOT ,WANT TO GET OUT MORE OFTEN, MY KIDS HAVE THERE OWN ALSO (PELLET) DAVE
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    Beautifully toned Franklins are the first coins I ever collected, and my love for them seems to hang in there over the years.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    It's cold in Chicago, and I want to be where my icon is!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• My wife of almost 35 years...........
  • Mine is a tribute to my grandmother, went we were young and she would visit she always gave us a dollar. When the Ikes came out she started to give us those. I still remember saving them up to buy something, walking into a store with 6 to 10 Ikes in my pocket.

Also explains my tag line
    Dave
    In Laurel
    MD

Just a fist full of Dollars
  • CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭
    I live in nebraska and the cow is the only icon that came close to signifying that. BUT lordmarcovan has created a new one for me that i hope to downlaod on icon day. I could use someone's help though. I'm a Webtv user and can't seem to download images. I can pick an icon out of the list and use it, but can't ad one of my own. So if anyone would be willing I'd sure appreciate the help on icon day. (ok ok I know, shameless grovelling...sorry but i could really use help)
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

<---<<< I like Mercury Dimes!image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• I was a member of the forum back when they first started using this software and there weren't very many choices and none of them were coin related. I chose this one because I was an admirer of the hippies and the 60's flower children, but wasn't old enough to have joined in at the time. So I was able to relate to this image and I've never changed it. In fact I'm probably the only person here still using their original image from back then. This has the advantage that almost no one else uses this image and it becoming a "trademark". Even the few that have used it normally move on to something else once they have a chance to upload.
  • greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    I like pheasants. Grew up hunting them. Now hope to create a 400 acre preserve for them and other naturally present wildlife in the area I grew up in. Given that many forum members find pictures of dead critters offensive (I'm thinking KSTEELHEADER controversy from a few months back) I decided to post a small picture of a live one. I don't use a coin, because its a given that all posters here are interested in coins. I like learning about what else forum members 'are all about' outside their coin collecting activities.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    My avatar is a closeup picture taken from an album (remember those?) cover. Doesn't mean anything, just represents my musical (my wife argues the use of the word "music" here) taste.

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file