Home U.S. Coin Forum

Somebody please tell me that FUN sucked.

Since I didn't get to go. image

We ARE watching you.

Comments

• sucked big time.

I didn't go either.
    The Wegner ARRC Bingle Set

Looking for 1967 PCGS/NGC slabbed coins.
  • I got waaay too busy to go.

so it sucked that I wasn't there
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Like a hooker who can get a golf ball through a garden hose!
    Wondo

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Seriously, if you closed your eyes, you swore you were at Baltimore show.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Like a hooker who can get a golf ball through a garden hose! >>

LOL, don't need a hooker to do that.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Oh, totally sucky. Hey if I'm looking for someone to clean the garden hose, I know where to look.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • It did not. It was the best show I had ever been to and I was not a dealer there.

Cameron Kiefer

• << <i>Seriously, if you closed your eyes, you swore you were at Baltimore show. >>

baltimore was better.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not say it sucked, but as a specialized collector, it was not the be-all and end-all it was cracked up to be. I am not sure what it would have to be for me to consider it HOT. I enjoyed meeting friends, old and new, and looking at Heritage auction lots of some blockbuster coins (70-CC and 54-O $20's, for example). I enjoyed looking at some of my friends cool coins. Strolling the bourse, to me, was quite dull. The dealers who I regularly patronize had the merchandise that I like and the rest did not.

Did it suck? No. Was it coin heaven? No.
  • from the couple of large thefts reported here on the board - it sounds like a whole lot of FUN - NOT!
  • MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,544 ✭✭
    the best show in the world, it must have suck I could't make itimage

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't do it....sorryimage
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    from the couple of large thefts reported here on the board - it sounds like a whole lot of FUN - NOT!

Forget these show....the future biggest and best shows will be onlineimage
    YCCTidewater.com
  • GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    It's only an hour from my house,....and I sure don't fly to any of the other big shows....so I look forward to it every year.

But this year it sucked!....I ran out of money while still finding good coins to buy!image

'Took Friday off work and spent two full days buying, selling, meeting friends, and MOST importantly,.....LEARNING!image
    (Also handed over 8 batches to PCGS that saved me BIG BUCKS in mailing!)

Gandyjai

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only sucked if you went there thinking that you could buy what you wanted at Gray Sheet "bid" and would not budge from those prices. If you did that, you either went home empty handed or bought some overgraded junk. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file