Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Custom Capitol Plastics Holders?

tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know how to contact Capitol Plastics regarding a custom holder order? I did a web search but couldn't find them....

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Here you go: Capital Plastics The name is spelled with an a and not an o.
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• Options
    Many thanks.

Interesting that they use the Capitol to try to get you to remember Capital! image
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    My link goes right to the custom holder page image
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    TDN,

If you go to their website, you can now place orders online with them with your credit card. I just ordered a couple of 4" X 5" custom holders and they took about 2 1/2 weeks to arrive, they are really nice too!

dragon
  • Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're great people to work with. They have MANY options in customizing holders -- including thickness for very thick, high-relief items. For example, they created this holder for my Libertas Medal, which is 3/8" thick (three times the thickness of a typical Silver Dollar):

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Gosh Cardinal, that is amazing!

I've got a couple of Capital plastics products and am very happy with them.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The custom Capital Plastic holders are great for anything that is bigger than a dime. Dimes are dicey because they are thin, and there is not much to hold them in place. Half Dimes, gold dollars and silver three cent pieces? Forget it! image

I used Capital Plastics for years for my best large coins. They worked great and the folks at Capital will work with you.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    I would like to own Cardinals WORST coin in his collection. I bet even that coin is great. image

Let's see some more of your stuff Cardinal.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Cardinal,
    What an amazingly beautiful medal. (Its seems a shame that the engravers of our first coin designs didn't try to emulate this design instead of the "Frightened Liberty" Chain Cent of 1793. ) This design has the character and substance which we should be using on our Dollar coin today.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    I just want to add to the praise Capital Plasics crew. I've had two custom Capital holders done. One for my Liberty Nickels about a decade ago (7 to go!) and I just ordered a holder for the Nickle Three Cent Pieces series which should be in my hands in a few weeks.

Working with the people there was a wonderful experience. They were helpful, super attentive to my specific wants, and provided lots of feedback and even computer drawn mock-ups of what my holder would look like so we could fine tune it. My contact person was named Rick Juenemann and he was a total professional!

I cannot say how pleased I am with them and their product. They garentee fit so I'm not worried about the smaller 3cN coin size. I have a Rosevelt holder by them (a stock item) and it holds every coin perfectly.

It can be costly to do a custom holder, with the big expense being the lettering. It's 30¢ a letter, so each date is a $1.20, that can add up on a series. Each hole costs and so on...

Sorry if I sound like an ad, but I want to take a moment to praise a company that I feel makes a great product.

Tradedollarnut, what are you thinkign of having them do for you?

Myriads
  • Options
    I hate to dog pile on, but I have found both the product and the service provided by Capital Plastics to be excellent.

They will have my business again down the road because they just flat out earned it.

A tip of the hat to them.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tradedollarnut, what are you thinking of having them do for you?

yes, I'd be interested in seeing pics of the coins that will go in the proposed holder image

from my collection, here are some Proof Frankies:

and here is part of a capital 20th century type set holder, c. 1980

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Tradedollarnut, what are you thinkign of having them do for you?

I have 4 of the first 5 trade dollars minted, along with an 1873 letter from Mint Director Linderman presenting them to a friend. Each coin has the number of the coin [2,3,4, or 5] hand scratched above the eagle's head. I want them to create a holder similar to the one they did for the proof 1864-L IHC [in another thread] that will display the coins and the letter together.

I haven't decided if I'll add a 5th trade dollar to show the obverse, turn one of the four around, or just show all 4 reverses. But I think it'd make a neat display.
  • Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tradedollarnut,

I think that would make for an awesome display!!

I would suggest adding a fifth trade dollar to display the obverse. After all, the others ARE numbered 2-5, so I think it would be more balanced for the display to include 5 coins in total. Just my two cents.

Another interesting custom display would be the following. Right now it's a virtual display -- showing how our early flowing hair designs actually did evolve from the Libertas Medal. (Thanks again to Laura for adding that to my collection! image) Sadly, this is one that I will never be able to assemble with genuine specimens, as the two pattern 1794 dollars are unavailable. At least I have the first and the last in my set.

• Options
    I have seen some stunning things in my time on the forum, Cardinal. But that... that is beyond. --Wait a minute--should have read further that it is a virtual set. Still cool though.

The medal also is really striking.

Tradedollarnut--what you are planning sounds fantastic.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    tradedollarnut,

I'm very impressed with your plans. I spent a bit of time on your site, and learned a lot about trades. I'm always impressed by the wealth of knowledge that I run across here. I hope that Capital is able to create a holder that does your material justice. (That is if you choose to go with them)

Today I got my cutom order in the mail from Capital, with a turnabout time of just two weeks since I ordered. Here is a pic if the forum is feeling up to showing stuff right now. All the dust, smudges, and scratches are on the scanner, not the nice new holder :-)

Myriads

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file